It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exit polls: Nearly half of W.Va. Sanders backers would vote Trump

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
We know Hilley made a promise to kill coal to promote less carbon emissions, but one wonders what other reasons W.Va. is so against her? She got beat by Sen Sanders and it looks like W.Va. could be a big win for Trump in the general. I wonder if Hilley knows there is a movement among the Sanders supporters that is saying #NeverHillary, if she does not get it now maybe she will after the general election.

The exit polls are showing little support for Hilley, if Trump wins the general election and becomes president of the US of A, we can all thank crooked Hillary!

Nearly half of the voters in the West Virginia Democratic primary who backed Bernie Sanders say they would vote for Republican Donald Trump in the fall presidential election, according to exit polls reported by CBS News.

Forty-four percent of Sanders supporters surveyed said they would rather back the presumptive GOP nominee in November, with only 23 percent saying they'd support Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton. And 31 percent said would support neither candidate in the likely general election match-up.

According to ABC News, about 80 percent of West Virginia Republican voters say they're excited or optimistic about what Trump would do if he were elected president, and 9 in 10 think Trump is likely to beat Clinton in a general election.

source

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlaskanDad
We know Hilley made a promise to kill coal to promote less carbon emissions, but one wonders what other reasons W.Va. is so against her? She got beat by Sen Sanders and it looks like W.Va. could be a big win for Trump in the general. I wonder if Hilley knows there is a movement among the Sanders supporters that is saying #NeverHillary, if she does not get it now maybe she will after the general election.

The exit polls are showing little support for Hilley, if Trump wins the general election and becomes president of the US of A, we can all thank crooked Hillary!

Nearly half of the voters in the West Virginia Democratic primary who backed Bernie Sanders say they would vote for Republican Donald Trump in the fall presidential election, according to exit polls reported by CBS News.

Forty-four percent of Sanders supporters surveyed said they would rather back the presumptive GOP nominee in November, with only 23 percent saying they'd support Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton. And 31 percent said would support neither candidate in the likely general election match-up.

According to ABC News, about 80 percent of West Virginia Republican voters say they're excited or optimistic about what Trump would do if he were elected president, and 9 in 10 think Trump is likely to beat Clinton in a general election.

source

I saw this on the news. WV is a very red state, but even so this must be worrying for Hillary.
The overall polls nationally are also getting closer and are tied in the key swing states.
Given Trump is so far behind with minorities and women, he doesn't need to make much of an inroad with those groups to win.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I see what you are saying:

Democrats might be better off with a Sanders-versus-Trump general election

A Quinnipiac University poll found Sanders performs better than Clinton against presumptive GOP candidate Donald Trump in crucial swing states.

The new poll shows Clinton in a dead heat with Trump in Pennsylvania, leading him by just one point, 43 percent to 42 percent. Sanders, meanwhile, leads the billionaire 47 percent to 41 percent.

The result is even more surprising when you consider the former secretary of state beat Sanders by 12 points in the Pennsylvania primary two weeks ago.

source

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

Think just about everyone might be better off with a Sanders V Trump election

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Maybe the #NeverHilary and #NeverTrump movements will coalesce into a singularity and swallow all of D.C.

#HopesandDreams.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Nice to see some of the . . . liberal . . . uhhhh . . . perspective

are rational enough to realize that the gritchy one would be extremely DESTRUCTIVE to the Republic; our way of life; our families; our welfare; our incomes; our peace; etc. etc. etc.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

Nice to see some of the . . . liberal . . . uhhhh . . . perspective

are rational enough to realize that the gritchy one would be extremely DESTRUCTIVE to the Republic; our way of life; our families; our welfare; our incomes; our peace; etc. etc. etc.

Keep in mind Bo, we have Democrats and Progressive Democrats. As divided as the GOP is, the Democrats are just as divided. The good news is those who have been silent for decades as far as political parties are concerned are finally being heard and the establishment is losing their minds!

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Given Trump is so far behind with minorities and women, he doesn't need to make much of an inroad with those groups to win.

It's a rather astute, and true assessment. And certainly an unexpected turn of events.

In a way, if he picks a female and/or ethnic VP choice, it would be seen as pandering and may cost him more votes than he'd gain.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

It would be nice if the 'establishment' were to lose tons more than their minds.

They lost their minds eons ago.

Agreed about the Dems splinter groups.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

source

I saw this on the news. WV is a very red state, but even so this must be worrying for Hillary.
The overall polls nationally are also getting closer and are tied in the key swing states.

A talking head, I think Karl Rove, said Trump has overwhelming support with white males, which negates any lead Hillary has with minorities and women.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: UKTruth

source

A talking head, I think Karl Rove, said Trump has overwhelming support with white males, which negates any lead Hillary has with minorities and women.

Yes that is from the poll of those 3 swing states - Trump is further ahead with men overall than Hillary is with women overall.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok

It's a rather astute, and true assessment. And certainly an unexpected turn of events.

In a way, if he picks a female and/or ethnic VP choice, it would be seen as pandering and may cost him more votes than he'd gain.

I was also thinking about the differences between men and women when it comes to empathy and particularly forgiveness. I read some research a while back that suggested that women find it easier to forgive and indeed often embrace the opportunity to forgive, whereas men tend to be harder to move if they really dislike somebody. To be fair, I've read some counter claims to that as well, but less so.

I still think that American women are going to have a 'come to Jesus' moment relating to Trump when they realise he is not actually sexist, at least not in the ways portrayed. That would be devastating for Hillary because I don't think it will happen the other way round.

I do agree that a woman VP, or indeed black or hispanic, could backfire on Trump because it probably would be seen as pandering.
edit on 11/5/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

yeah, I cant for the life of me see how blind people are. Duh.

If you dont agree with the OP its more wishful thinking than not.

foreign policy, immigration and financial concerns.

How about that. No one really cares about gay wedding cakes, or where gou poop.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

Actually most do. A majority of this country are more towards the middle, fiscally conservative and socially liberal.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: tadaman

Actually most do. A majority of this country are more towards the middle, fiscally conservative and socially liberal.

I'm not so sure when it really comes down to it. Jobs and security will always be the key drivers, even if people care about social issues.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
"Nearly half of the voters in the West Virginia Democratic primary who backed Bernie Sanders say they would vote for Republican Donald Trump in the fall presidential election, according to exit polls reported by CBS News."

This either means that almost every male Bernie supporter is voting for Trump OR the media narrative of women hating Trump, isn't true. It's more, liberal women hates Trump, and that's pushing the narrative that ALL women hate Trump.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Combination of both. Just look at a Trump rally, and see the women in the audience.

If this election has done ONE thing, it's to force voters to actually try and educate themselves more on what the candidates stand for. And no matter who one backs, THAT is a good thing.

Unfortunately for the establishment and MSM, this year's voters are largely more informed.

Now, there are many Sanders and Trump supporters who DON'T fall in the category too, but I like to be positive and assume the best vs. the worst. While the "woman card" will get her a lot of votes, it won't amount to getting ALL women to vote for her. Many hate her worse than Trump.

top topics

join