It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're a trapper back in the 1700's...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   
You're a trapper back in the 1700's alone deep in the back woods. You mainly live by trapping. You recently seen signs in the woods that there are indians in the area. Needless to say a few weeks later the indians found your trapline and stole all your traps in the middle of the night.

After a few more weeks there's no activity so you suspect they left the area. So now you have no traps and you can't catch food. But you're a blacksmith so you start building new traps. You build 5 new trap designs. You plan to test them out. But you're not sure if they'll work. Also you're not sure if the indians are still near by and might steal them all. You worked too long and hard to have them taken again.

So you think, maybe trying out just 1 trap, the best one, might be more practical. That way in case it doesn't work, or in case by chance it gets stolen again you'll be okay as you still have 4 more. Is this the wise move or not??? Because you only have so much beef jerky left to live off, but you need to get trapping. What do you do???

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

Dude, did you just watch the Revanent ?

😎

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   
My name would be 50pence and I'd rap about large squirrels and plenty of booty and ..

Oh TRAPPER..

Idk.

I'd fish and give my indian homies some feed.

Then probably die of something.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Being an Indian, I'd sit back and laugh. Then I'd wait and see if you found out I'd hidden your traps around your house.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I would eat plants and berries.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Set out all traps but also set traps around the traps for Indians,that way you get two birds stoned at once and get your choice of eating animal or having Indian food.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Sorry, just saw previous answer. Same idea

edit on 11-5-2016 by berenike because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: lavatrance
You're a trapper back in the 1700's alone deep in the back woods. You mainly live by trapping. You recently seen signs in the woods that there are indians in the area. Needless to say a few weeks later the indians found your trapline and stole all your traps in the middle of the night.

After a few more weeks there's no activity so you suspect they left the area. So now you have no traps and you can't catch food. But you're a blacksmith so you start building new traps. You build 5 new trap designs. You plan to test them out. But you're not sure if they'll work. Also you're not sure if the indians are still near by and might steal them all. You worked too long and hard to have them taken again.

So you think, maybe trying out just 1 trap, the best one, might be more practical. That way in case it doesn't work, or in case by chance it gets stolen again you'll be okay as you still have 4 more. Is this the wise move or not??? Because you only have so much beef jerky left to live off, but you need to get trapping. What do you do???

Perfect excuse to go VEGAN..

Failing that I would walk to the local village sit down to some wholesome whiskey.

RA

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: lavatrance

Odd hypothetical scenario...but...
If I was a trapper in the 1700's, first off, I wouldn't have a trap line anywhere in or around native country. Just asking for trouble there. Secondly, should natives happen upon my traps, and steal them, I wouldn't stick around for weeks waiting to see if they returned. Chances are, if they found my traps, they will be looking for me next. Better to get outta Dodge. As for making new traps.. If I am a blacksmith what the heck am I doing out here in the woods gambling my life for a few measly pelts when I could be earning top dollar and prestige in town making horseshoes? Just sayin'. As for having enough beef jerky to live off of...Why would it be beef and not wild game? Sounds hypothetically like I should never have left the saloon cause I have no idea what I'm doing out here...

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Make friends with the Natives and get with their program .Man cannot live on jerky alone ....

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Great question...I would reset the time machine for the day after the election...if trump is the man with the finger the nuclear trigger I would jump back in the time machine and make friends with the indians.
Cheers

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   
In all probability, they would have come looking for you and because you would be seen as a valuable asset - being a blacksmith - you would readily be adopted into the tribe. Assimilate.
edit on 11-5-2016 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

No, if the Native's are open to trade then trade with them, make them some trap's in exchange for furs, living alone has made you cabin crazy though so if they turn out to be dangerous just foam and the mouth, dance and laugh like a lunatic, oh and shave your head just in case but best avoid if possible, they have not gone out of there way to find you.

Otherwise better to put no trap's out until you are certain THEY are gone as that is a giveaway to them that YOU are around and make's them aware that those trap's they found earlier were despite being well worn not simply abandoned.

If they can find all the trap's then they surely know where you are as well so hope that you have not upset them as after all they may possibly tolerate you but you are outnumbered and an interloper in there hunting ground's.

Or put all they trap's out, hide them as best you can and put them in the less likely location's as it is obvious were you put them the Indian's were also looking to set there snare's, for that matter how do you know it is Indian's and not another trapper trying to make it look like indian's but really trying to drive you off so there is more game for him?.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Indians don't steal.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sakrateri
Indians don't steal.

This feels like you lobbed a softball for me to crack a lame joke.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
no but would you play it safe and just put out one of your traps or would you put out all 5 ? (knowing that there's indians in the area who might take them again)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

No, if the Native's are open to trade then trade with them, make them some trap's in exchange for furs, living alone has made you cabin crazy though so if they turn out to be dangerous just foam and the mouth, dance and laugh like a lunatic, oh and shave your head just in case but best avoid if possible, they have not gone out of there way to find you.

Otherwise better to put no trap's out until you are certain THEY are gone as that is a giveaway to them that YOU are around and make's them aware that those trap's they found earlier were despite being well worn not simply abandoned.

If they can find all the trap's then they surely know where you are as well so hope that you have not upset them as after all they may possibly tolerate you but you are outnumbered and an interloper in there hunting ground's.

Or put all they trap's out, hide them as best you can and put them in the less likely location's as it is obvious were you put them the Indian's were also looking to set there snare's, for that matter how do you know it is Indian's and not another trapper trying to make it look like indian's but really trying to drive you off so there is more game for him?.

i think if i were to be a trapper in the 1700's, i'd want to make Labtech my friend.

His approach is likely to keep you alive.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
im sorry...every time i see this thread title i think:

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Well, if i were a trapper in the 1700s, deep in the woods, I sure as hell wouldn't be there without a firearm and/or bow & arrows, both for protection and should I have to shoot game for food.

So, I wouldn't be in a position where I couldn't acquire game to eat. Should, for some reason, all my # was stolen, or I ran out of ammo, my powder was wet, since I survive in the woods for weeks on end anyway (in the 1700s), I would likely be smart enough to survive, either by trade, foraging, primitive trapping, fishing, etc.

But I would still try out my new traps.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Why not got to these alleged Indians convenience store and confront them regarding their perfidious behavior?

new topics

top topics

join