It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Can Identify 75% Of These Languages On Sight, You’re Probably A Genius:

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   

If You Can Identify 75% Of These Languages On Sight,
You’re Probably A Genius Can you tell Hindi from Korean?

www.buzzfeed.com...
So how is your language recognition skills, I tried it and didn't do too shabbily my score was 15 out of 19 klik the link and take a stab at it I'll tell you what may throw some or most of you off languages like Japanese and Chinese Persian and Arabic with the same characters get over those and you should be fine ..

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   
lol

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I got 15/19

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   
13 out of 19, mostly guessing though

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   
14 out of 19. some I never seen before.
isnt Amharic a dead language?
Anyhow, I only knew as many as I did because I am studying japanese and was testing out some other languages to see how quickly I could get down the basic structure and grammar...if I tested this a year ago, it would be dismal

This doesn't test IQ, its testing exposure. hard to identify something you haven't seen before.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
I'll tell you what may throw some or most of you off languages like Japanese and Chinese

Chinese uses pretty much exclusive kanji (cool symbols).
Japanese has Kanji, Katagana, and Hiragana, so its a sort of mixed language of the neat symbols and chicken scratching together..easy way to identify,

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
14 out of 19. some I never seen before.
isnt Amharic a dead language?
Anyhow, I only knew as many as I did because I am studying japanese and was testing out some other languages to see how quickly I could get down the basic structure and grammar...if I tested this a year ago, it would be dismal

This doesn't test IQ, its testing exposure. hard to identify something you haven't seen before.

No that's the national language of Ethiopia written and spoken agreed it's simply exposure and good luck on your studies, benkyo kudasai ..

edit on 11-5-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I got 11 out of 19... And I admit it! I believe that I only knew 3 or 4 of them. The rest were lucky guesses.

*cringe*.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I don't mean to blow my own toots but 13/19. They said I might be a genius. Also. It might rain tomorrow.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   
14 out of 19...which I though wasn't too bad (considering). It was the Latin languages that really threw me.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   

I got all 19 what do I win?

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   
11 here too, i was using insider info for a few that had been asked already which i got wrong from the same available answer - so a kinda cheaty 11

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Now THAT is depressing. I didn't know some, but only 10.

Mostly the arabic/persian styles. well it's good to know I need to rectify my ability to decipher written styles.

but I have always been interested. Those of you who guess *raspberries* I thought I knew... gosh, who'd be me lol

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: VashTheStampede

A star on the internet. Someone will be along soon to mrrmrrmrmrmrrr....

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anaana
14 out of 19...which I though wasn't too bad (considering). It was the Latin languages that really threw me.

Really wow! Persian Arabic Urdu easy to to get thrown by those, Cyrillic language characters can throw you off too , I am with Saturn FX Chinese and Japanese characters are distinguishable if you know what to look for.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: VashTheStampede

Much props and nuff respect..bossman..

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
Really wow! Persian Arabic Urdu easy to to get thrown by those, Cyrillic language characters can throw you off too , I am with Saturn FX Chinese and Japanese characters are distinguishable if you know what to look for.

Yeah, Korean was one I hadn't seen before, it's very different. Arabic is the language I would most like to learn...if I had any capability in that area. I recently returned from Spain and was impressed to have been able to say please, thank you and can I have the bill, by the end of it. Not my forte.

Also, German was easy because they didn't put it against any similar language speaking countries. Against Dutch, maybe, it would have been trickier (for me).

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   
17, not too shabby.

I have lived in the Middle East and Asia so that helped.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Well, you guys are smarties as I could only read one or two words of any of those examples, but that isn't surprising as I cannot read any language... tho I do speak/write some English on occasion.

I'm trying for dry/ obtuse wit of the day award...

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

Also the successive languages you can rule out by process of elimination given they offer real time results.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join