It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible Up Close Footage of a Tornado in Colorado

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Don't really know what to add here. It gets especially intense around the 2:45 mark, almost looks like Hollywood CGI, but apparently this is real life. Just watch the video and hold on tight.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: mc_squared

So beautiful. I've never seen anything like it. Thanks for sharing.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
That's terrifying and beautiful/ Look at the differences in the sky between the left part of the screen and the right part. All those people so devastated with pure blue sky right in sight.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   

It was a relief that . . . at some points, they did seem to have the good sense to stop vs driving closer to it. Sheesh!

They can have that sort of risk. No thanks.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I have been fortunate to see several tornados and never get hurt, but that was beutiful.

Thanks!

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   

I'm not quite sure the ages of the people involved, but they sounded fairly young.

Was it an exciting video for the rest of us to watch from the safety of our homes? Yes. Was it a foolish endeavor by people who didn't realize that the twister could have changed its path at any moment and no one would have survived to post this video? I don't know, but I hope that they had some type of professional experience/training in this area and understood the unpredictable nature of tornados. From some of the conversation during this encounter, it's questionable.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:39 AM
link   

There are people who chase tornados who, although they take risks, take precautions against those risks which are, in my estimation, adequate to the task. I have seen videos shot from inside heavily armoured chaser vehicles, with modified body work, impact resistant glass windshields and windows. These vehicles can, in extreme situations, lock down against the ground, using some kind of piton system, and survive being within a tornado vortex...

I will attempt to locate a video showing such.

Here it is!

edit on 11-5-2016 by TrueBrit because: Added video

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   
A tornado! .. "lets drive toward it".

Not what I would think..

What a dangerous hobby.. I would imagine they occasionally behave in unpredictable ways.

Anyways, 4K close-up of tornado was pretty cool.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   
That was incredible!!!! I'm so jealous, I want to chase tornados *clenches fists and stamps foot petulantly*

I especially liked it when he's shouting that he's running out of gas BUT keeps driving towards it, I was wondering what the hell he'd do if it started coming towards him (I presume he realised that it wouldn't behave like that...but I had me an eek moment - good stuff :up

Truly breath-taking, thank you.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   

As I was watching the video, all I kept thinking were these people are crazy being so close to a tornado!!! It was the most amazing and up close video of a tornado I've ever seen!

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
OK, this guy is a proper tornado hunter. This guy puts those pussies on the Discovery channel shows to shame. No screaming or hollering either. No showboating for the cameras. Kudos to him.

Incredible footage

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

As I was watching the video, all I kept thinking were these people are crazy being so close to a tornado!!! It was the most amazing and up close video of a tornado I've ever seen!

Actually, watch this. This is incredible, and just about the ONLY good this the guys in the TIV ever filmed. Astounding power.

www.youtube.com...

Good news is that the noise drowns out their usual moronic shouting.

edit on 11-5-2016 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Saw this a few days ago. Amazing video! I spent the rest of the night watching various tornado videos and this one is definitely in the top 5. Really good and clean footage. I first saw it over at accuraweather, so I imagine they probably bought it (could be wrong about that though).

Some people say that chasing these things is "foolish" or even "stupid". I wonder if those people realize how much has been learned about the way these storms behave because of these "foolish" and "stupid" people who risk their lives for footage like this? How many lives have been saved because of advanced warning systems developed around knowledge learned from literally getting inside the storm? I would imagine many, many lives!

Thanks to these "foolish" people we know more about tornadoes, in that sense, they are heroes.

........they'd probably find me in the trunk of the car, whimpering like a baby. LOL.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Pfft,.... no flying cows. Meh.

(Kidding. That was a cool vid)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
If you haven't seen the 360 footage grab
you iPad or cardboard VR and look around .
AMAZING !
youtu.be...
edit on 11-5-2016 by UnderKingsPeak because: link

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

NUTS!!!! These storm chasers must have a secret death wish!

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

I did it for a little while in Texas, and man what a rush it is when you try to get closer.

And yes, I was an idiot.

And I coulda been killed.

You only live once.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
That is incredible and gusty!

What a thrill it would be though..

Many humans always wondered what a tornado looked like up close, there we have it

Thanks for sharing.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

NUTS!!!! These storm chasers must have a secret death wish!

Actually. Just the opposite. They have spent season after season acting like little girls and keeping their distance or completely missing the action. This time they got lucky (for us). Unlucky for them. You can't hear them over the howl of the wind, but I assure you they are shouting theirs heads off, repeating things "WE ARE IN A TORNADO, WE ARE IN A TORNADO, WE ARE IN A TORNADO...." Etc...

My wife and I love extreme weather, but the TIV guys are unwatchable. Plus I'm almost certain the camera man (Sean?) is cuckolded by his wife or partner. He's just so ...blah. That's by the by off course and just a pointless opinion I have of the man.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Super cool. My favorite parts are as follows;

The view looking up at the sky from the base of the tornado making it look like an epic tower!

Towards the end you can see the twister sucking the clouds right out of the sky as they get close. Around 3:50.

Last, the cars at the end who pass the person filming, and seem to get really close. Like they were impatient to get to the other side or something. That seemed risky. I wonder what their view was like?

I can't call it stupid. I can see myself trying. I just love powerful acts of nature.
edit on 11-5-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join