It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Alaskan panhandle is very long.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
My oh my. I remember looking at a map of British Columbia, and seeing the Alaskan Panhandle covering maybe 10 to 20% of the northern B.C. coast.
The Panhandle has gotten greedy lately.

Now it eats up about 40% of the coast from north to south. Soon I will have to present my Canadian passport to visit a Vancouver beach.

Nothing strange here. Everything is as its always been.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

Providing maps of your alleged discrepancy in the length of the panhandle would go a long way in allowing people to take this seriously.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Mandagalaadaha?

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
This just in:
World Map Rearranged To Accommodate Poor Geography Skills Of Americans—Nations Ordered Alphabetically
www.theonion.com...

On a more serious but pathetic note:
www.intrepidtravel.com...
edit on 5/11/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I think he is from Albania not Algeria

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Phage presence says something. And not that I am wrong. Cool!

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   

You're wrong.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I'd like to show 2 maps showing the difference, just as I would like to show a book with the Berenstein Bears on the cover, but it isn't possible in this world.

In the world I used to live in, it was easily possible.

Things have subtly changed. Proof unavailable. But I have no doubt the change has happened.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   

But I have no doubt the change has happened.

Alrighty then.
Welcome to the normal world. Did you enjoy your trip?
Or did you just suck at geography?
edit on 5/11/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Lets pretend it is.

So why is it occurring? esplain.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

So why? I would have to be non-human to know. But something is happening, even though the great majority of our lives will likely proceed as if nothing has changed.
edit on 11-5-2016 by droid56 because: same word 2 times

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

We all suck at geography.
Evidence the Peter's Projection!

WE HAVE BEEN MISLED BY A FLAWED WORLD MAP FOR 500 YEARS
SAM AUSTIN
We now know the Earth is round. Therefore, the challenge of any world map is to represent a round Earth on a flat surface. There are thousands of map projections, and each has certain strengths and corresponding weaknesses but the one you’re now picturing in your head most likely isn’t the area accurate representation. A more accurate representation of land mass is the Peters Projection Map seen here:

livelearnevolve.com...

edit on 11-5-2016 by Caver78 because: forgot to add link

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Map projection problems don't explain the elongated alaskan panhandle. Or other anomalies.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
Map projection problems don't explain the elongated alaskan panhandle. Or other anomalies.

Flawed data does.
Looking at the Mercator Map (which you would have) distorted the NA landmass to begin with.
Looking now at a more "corrected" map due to satellite and GPS mapping gives the appearance that the land mass has changed when in fact it hasn't. Only your perception of it has.

You haven't given one link OR hard fact to substantiate your claim.

Plus, my reply was to tease Phage in a light-hearted way.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I didn't think it was that long either. I guess I never really looked at it much before. Here's an interesting article about how the border came to be where it is, sort of.

www.mysteriesofcanada.com...

I google images of the area, and one of them even showed the Queen Charlotte Islands as being American. Just one map though, but it shows that there's still different ideas about where some borders are ...

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I'd like to show 2 maps showing the difference, just as I would like to show a book with the Berenstein Bears on the cover, but it isn't possible in this world.

I'm sorry you would prefer we all live in one of your past fantasy worlds. Fact is, we don't. You can either happily acclimate yourself to the real world, with the rest of us, or bemoan the fact that the rest of the world isn't here to accommodate your incorrect recollections and flights of fancy. The borders are what they are and haven't changed since Henry Seward oversaw the purchase of Alaska from Russia... if you have issues, then I would suggest you take them up with whoever was Canada's secretary of the interior at that time for not offering Russia more money than the US did... that would at least demonstrate a spark of rationality from you.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
We call it SE Alaska, and it is not getting any bigger.

and it is a great place!

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Things have subtly changed. Proof unavailable. But I have no doubt the change has happened.

The most beautiful woman in the world wants me. Proof unavailable. But I have no doubt that she does.

The line above is just as accurate as what you said..

Quick, ATS we need another post about the made up Mandelatheychangedeverycopyofstarwars Effect!

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlaskanDad
and it is a great place!

...but you better LOVE rain. Like Noah is building an ark magnitude rain.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

The most beautiful woman in the world wants me. Proof unavailable. But I have no doubt that she does.

You're confusing two different psychoses. Replacing reality with your own delusional beliefs of what it should be is the Mandela Effect... inventing fantasies out of thin air and merely claiming them to be reality is the Brian Williams coefficient.

KNOW YOUR MENTAL ABERRATIONS!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join