It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putting together small 1st Aid Kit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Not sure if anyone said this yet or not, but what about QUIT CLOT PACKETS?! If you need to stop bleeding fast that is a priority!!

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Probably already mentioned, but antibiotics, OTC meds, and other meds you can get your hands on. A lot of vet meds work on humans just as well (but are easier to get).

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Don't forget Super Glue.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Honey!
great for All wounds.
klls germs. look it up.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: imod02
Funny you should say that about the sanitary pads. They were actually originally used for wounded soldiers during World War 1. The nurses realized they could also be used for something else.

When nurses in France realized that the cellulose bandages they were using on wounded soldiers absorbed blood much better than plain old cotton, they started using them for their own flow.

Source

You really don't want to know what all I had to read through to get that lol.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.
Wasn't that originally invented as a substitute for stitches? I think I read that somewhere but I'm not sure.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Here is a interesting link to read.
www.realfirstaid.co.uk...

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.
Thanks. Interesting read and good to know, like some super glue produces heat when it cures.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I'd pack in a light, foldable saw. Since you mentioned hiking, cutting a splint worthy stick down to size might be helpful.

Not sure if it was mentioned before, but antibacterial ointment would be great also. Even a tube a petroleum jelly. Really helps the simplest scrapes from turning in to painful puss-filled ones.

And anti diarrhea/upset stomach pills. Don't need much, just the double dose packets you find at a gas station.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
a reply to: imod02
Funny you should say that about the sanitary pads. They were actually originally used for wounded soldiers during World War 1. The nurses realized they could also be used for something else.

When nurses in France realized that the cellulose bandages they were using on wounded soldiers absorbed blood much better than plain old cotton, they started using them for their own flow.

Source

You really don't want to know what all I had to read through to get that lol.

Yep but im sure you enjoyed it

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
As suggested aspirin, I would suggest 325mg you can cut them up for smaller doses and a couple of full size will help pain. And as suggested maxipads and tampons. Yep seen soldiers use them for bandages.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
A woman's tampon or two. They're great for plugging and packing as a emergency measure. Edit see i was late to the party with that one. One thing people overlook in a first aid kit is a secondary means of communication and it can be important for raising help. Be it a phone radio or just a signalling mirror.depending on how big you want to go try and include something for both heat and cold injuries. Something else that gets missed is a pencil and notebook and a marker pen. A source of fluids and electrolytes are a good shout too.
edit on 4681642 by sg1642 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Tampon is good for soaking up blood, but we often use maxi pads for horse injuries when they occur. They work great for it, same with a large wound on a human.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Mobius8

I've got two quick clot sponges. Good call.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Feel like normal sterile pads and wrapping will take up the same amount of room and be more versatile, also if bleeding doesn't stop going to want to add sterile pads and while it's been a LONG time since I've seen a lady pad aren't they "blood proof" on one side?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join