It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa Releases Patents to Public

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
This is quite a big move, eh?

NASA’s treasure chest of freely available resources isn’t just good for your laptop’s wallpaper. Last week, they released 56 of their previously patented technologies into the public domain for anybody to use. Along with this news, NASA also announced their new searchable database that contains over 1,000 expired patents already in the public domain. Users can now can easily search through patent categories including robotics, information technology and software, communications, electronics, environment, materials, power generation, propulsion, medicine, and biotechnology.

News Link

Patent Portfolio

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
So I can build a shuttle if I want?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

This one is interesting…

Based on low-cost, commercially available components, the EFI system uses measurement of very low-current, human-safe electric fields to construct a three-dimensional image of objects and people based on their dielectric properties.

Electrical field imaging sensors

You can run, but you can't hide.

edit on 10-5-2016 by intrptr because: link

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

They do have balloons that reach near the vacuum of space so I believe you can try.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKestrel04

They do have balloons that reach near the vacuum of space so I believe you can try.

As long as I can bring a parachute…

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I'm not about sure that lifting body illustration, (hypersonic flying vehicle from the 1930s as per the website story) more like 1960's or so in that form, and the time zone merely a reference from earlier works, perhaps the flying wing concept.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKestrel04

So, is this disclosure disguised as a patent dump? Is there secret alien tech tucked away in there somewhere?

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
This is huge! "By offering a license with no up-front costs for commercial use of our patented technologies, we're letting companies hold onto their cash while securing the intellectual property needed to carve out competitive market space."

Get ready for a boom in new commercial tech businesses.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook
I'm expecting some new wank tech coming since they just tossed these into our laps.If you guys find anything peculiar in that pile up there please post below
edit on 10-5-2016 by TheKestrel04 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-5-2016 by TheKestrel04 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

You know how in Star Trek they can scan for life signs ? That sounds something like that besides we already have Rfid chips

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Why do a lot of them have missing patent numbers? Like this one?

technology.nasa.gov...

Where do I find the patent for this one??

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Betting their looking to see what people do with the tech they let out. See how the at home tinkers advanced or us in different ways. I'm also figuring due to the Solar-Powered Refrigeration System we're going to see a lot of off the grid work shops getting a drink cooler upgrade.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   

You know how in Star Trek they can scan for life signs ?

The thingy I saw one night was level flight just below the mountain tops, bisecting the valley floor at constant speed, all the way down to the end of the valley.

It was technical and not of this earth.

I had the distinct impression it was scanning the 'biomass' for lack of a better term, for just that reason.

I imagine the sensor suite recorded living beings, energy output, pollution, etc. I imagined this from watching it, its flight path and purpose would seem useless for any other reason.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

I wonder (in silliness) if someone will develop a way to use the basis of such tech for ghost hunting.

3d representation of ghosts would surely make The History Channel and Travel Channel drool...

Madness...

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terminal1

I wonder (in silliness) if someone will develop a way to use the basis of such tech for ghost hunting.

That was my first thought, too. Considering dielectric energy is a weak field but generated from living tissue, I don't think they will be seeing the spirit plane with it. The spirit plane is spirit after all, not measurable with current instruments.

My concern was more detecting people remotely inside structures or hiding in the woods, for instance. Especially,

Based on low-cost, commercially available components,…

Seems it would already be in use by authorities.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
so people who say the space program is fake, or man never left the earth, we cant get pass low earth orbit etc... are now by definition idiots?
or were they always idiots before this patent dump?

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAre0ne

If you read the fact sheet you linked to, it says "patent pending", which means it doesn't have a patent number yet.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Well what do we have here? SPACE WARS The Pentagon is spending $2 billion on mysterious space weapons
I think this patent dump seems to be a move to instigate a tech surge, something is going on up stairs. Anyone notice the amount of patents relating to aircraft noise reduction?
edit on 11-5-2016 by TheKestrel04 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-5-2016 by TheKestrel04 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

The thingy I saw one night was level flight just below the mountain tops, bisecting the valley floor at constant speed, all the way down to the end of the valley. It was technical and not of this earth. I had the distinct impression it was scanning the 'biomass' for lack of a better term, for just that reason. I imagine the sensor suite recorded living beings, energy output, pollution, etc. I imagined this from watching it, its flight path and purpose would seem useless for any other reason.
The capabilities of ufos don't seem to fall short of Trek Tech, that's what I liken them to though
edit on 11-5-2016 by TheKestrel04 because: nooberism

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

The Tip Vortex sounds familiar.

The modifications are rigid open lattice (honeycomb-like) and fin structures (closely packed columns) that delay the formation of a noise-generating vortex at the flap side edge.

Source: NASA Technology Transfer Program - Tip Vortex Noise Reduction Technology

Uh, my guess is "graphene" and "carbon nanotubes" used to disrupt air flow leading to quieter jets.

Google "nasa plane" then select "images" on the return to get a view different planes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join