It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheryl Mills leaves FBI interview briefly after being asked about emails

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Wild times at an FBI interview when former Hillary Chief of Staff and Clinton Foundation officer Cheryl Mills actually left an interview for a short time because the FBI wasn't supposed to inquire about certain topics concerning the Hillary email scandal.

Apparently her lawyer(s) had set some limits and when one FBI agent "went there", the fur hit the fans !!

Seems there were some other "moments" of whispering between Mills and her lawyer.

Looks like some topics could have triggered a 5th Amendment moment.

I can imagine the jaws hitting the table top.

Clinton aide Cheryl Mills leaves FBI interview briefly after being asked about emails

Near the beginning of a recent interview, an FBI investigator broached a topic with longtime Hillary Clinton aide Cheryl Mills that her lawyer and the Justice Department had agreed would be off limits, according to several people familiar with the matter.

Mills and her lawyer left the room — though both returned a short time later — and prosecutors were somewhat taken aback that their FBI colleague had ventured beyond what was anticipated, the people said.

Investigators consider Mills — who served as chief of staff while Clinton was secretary of state — to be a cooperative witness. But the episode demonstrates some of the tension surrounding the criminal probe into possible mishandling of classified information involving the leading Democratic presidential candidate. In the coming weeks, prosecutors and FBI agents hope to be able to interview Clinton herself as they work to bring the case to a close.

I think Mills was one of Hillary's helpers that was "deciding" which emails were to be classified as "personal" during a delete session.

edit on May-10-2016 by xuenchen because: damage

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

edit on 5/10/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: nm

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

She tried invoking attorney client priviledge.

I thought that only applied in an actual attorney/ client relationship, not just because she happens to be an attorney and was employed by the State Department...

The incident was described to The Washington Post by several people, including U.S. law enforcement officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing and those involved could face professional consequences for discussing it publicly.

The questions that were considered off limits had to do with the procedure used to produce emails to the State Department so they could possibly be released publicly, the people said. Mills, an attorney herself, was not supposed to be asked questions about that — and ultimately never was in the recent interview — because it was considered confidential as an example of attorney-client privilege, the people said.

edit on 10-5-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

Mills served as the Counselor and Chief of Staff to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton beginning in January 2009.[18] In her capacity as Counselor, she was a principal officer who served the Secretary as a special advisor on major foreign policy challenges.[5] As Chief of Staff, Mills managed the Department's staff, providing support to the Secretary in administering operations of the Department. At some point during her employment in the Department Mills was also paid for unknown services by the Clinton Foundation/Clinton Global Initiative.

Wiki

I see nothing about her being employed in the capacity of attorney for the Department of State.

And the area that questions were considered "off limits?"

Determining which emails were to be released?

Isn't that central to the investigation?

Ok, I agree to be investigated, but you can't ask me any questions related to what you're investigating...

Man, where do I sign up for that gig?

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

There getting real nervous.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
At this stage, the FBI will be asking her questions to which they already know the answers.
If she had such a visceral response to a question...rest assured it was a result of damaging evidence the FBI already has.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

The FBI is hunting for perjury.

I bet they find some (if they haven't already)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I agree. I this this was the FBI's way of letting her know they have these answers...

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Hillary has already perjured herself, see my thread here for details.

Adding fuel to the fire...

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Yup.

The details will be their downfall.

I can't see how any of them can *not* lie at this point.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I recall that little trick they tried to play "giving notice"
that she would delete her emails.

Then a judge ordered her not to.
dailycaller.com...

She has a long history of evasive tactics, and even destroying records.

www.investors.com...

But of course...nothing to see here, move along.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
She can claim attorney/client privilege.
That is why she (a lawyer) was Hillary's chief of staff.
Nothing new for the Clinton's.
Google Clinton attorney client privilege.
You get a lot of hits, dating back to the time when Bill was POTUS.

The Clintons are dirty and they aren't dumb.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

You get a lot of hits, dating back to the time when Bill was POTUS.

I think I read that she was even around for Lewinsky, and Filegate.

She also muddied one Benghazi report.

I often wonder if these people continue in the scandals and loyalty
due to fear, or are they getting financial kickbacks...maybe both.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Yes, you read correctly.
She is a loyal old hand.
As such, she knows what happens if you cross the Clintons.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Yes, you read correctly.
She is a loyal old hand.
As such, she knows what happens if you cross the Clintons.

Hillary has her soul in a jar in the basement of her Chappaqua home.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
yep, the FBI already has answers they are just looking for witnesses to testify by offering deals not to prosecute them if they turn states witness.I think the FBI already knows exactly who did what and they will use that to turn people.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
It will be interesting to see what Ms Mills does when she is
deposed over the emails, coming soon.

U.S. District Court Judge Emmet G. Sullivan granted us “discovery” into Clinton’s email system. The order allows us to take testimony from former top Clinton State Department aides Cheryl Mills, Huma Abedin and Bryan Pagliano. The court also notes that “based on information learned during discovery, the deposition of Mrs. Clinton may be necessary.” The discovery will take place over the next eight weeks.

www.breitbart.com...

This is costing the U.S. Justice System a small fortune.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

She's probably already regretting letting Clinton pay her legal fees because if she does flip guess who will be the first to find out.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: filched

Interesting point.
I was not aware Hillary was paying her legal fees?

Can you expound on that?

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

The FBI is hunting for perjury.

I bet they find some (if they haven't already)

If the evidence against Hillary and her aides is so compelling from the emails and server details, why would they need to "hunt" for perjury?

edit on 10-5-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Source is below. Interestingly, Huma Abedin is the only one who has her own lawyer. I suspect Clinton's handpicked lawyer representing the others is her way of controlling who will be the fall person and to prevent them from turning state's evidence.

www.politico.com...

Four of Hillary Clinton’s closest aides appear to have adopted an unusual legal strategy, hiring the same ex-Justice Department attorney to represent them in the FBI’s investigation of Clinton's private email server.

Beth Wilkinson, a well-connected former assistant U.S. attorney best known for prosecuting Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh, is listed as representing three of Clinton’s top State Department staffers, according to a congressional letter obtained by POLITICO and dated Feb. 10. A fourth Clinton aide, Philippe Reines, is also represented by Wilkinson, according to sources familiar with their representation. Read more: www.politico.com... Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

The quartet includes Clinton’s former chief of staff Cheryl Mills, who counseled Clinton politically and legally; deputy chief of staff Jake Sullivan, whom sources say authored a number of emails to Clinton that are now considered “top secret”; Heather Samuelson, Mills’ deputy who initially sorted Clinton’s work-related emails from personal messages that were then deleted; and Reines, who served as Clinton’s spokesman and also used personal email for work purposes at State. Read more: www.politico.com... Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

edit on 10-5-2016 by filched because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join