It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cult of Trump: 'He needs to learn on the job' will be the answer to everything

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
"Trumpers", that's what I'm calling Trump followers ("The Cult of Trump") now. I think the term "Trumper" is fitting because no matter what Trump says, no matter how outrageous the idea, they've got a simple retort to explain every Trump mistake now and trump (literally) any criticism of The Donald's plans and statements...

"He needs to learn on the job."

You can read it for yourself in the following thread:

Trump: U.S. will never default 'because you print the money'

Because Trump has never worked in a government position before, "He needs to learn on the job." is a true statement. In fact, Trump would be the first US president in history who would never have had a government job before becoming president:

Would Trump be the first US president without any previous government employment?

The problem is, Trumpers will now use the fact that Trump has no experience in government (or as a professional politician) as a defense any time he makes an outrageous claim about his stances on the issues.

That's my prediction anyway. It's going to be impossible to debate with a Trumper going forward.
edit on 10-5-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I am by no means enamored of Trump, but didn't Obama set the standard for this? He also set the standard for getting away with being inexperienced and surrounding himself with the "smartest people" to compensate.

Let's face it, in so many ways, the past eight years, our media, the current political circus of both parties have set the stage for this.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I am by no means enamored of Trump, but didn't Obama set the standard for this? He also set the standard for getting away with being inexperienced and surrounding himself with the "smartest people" to compensate.

Let's face it, in so many ways, the past eight years, our media, the current political circus of both parties have set the stage for this.

Obama learned about every event by saying he just watched it on the news. Liberals were immune to the fact that the POTUS gets special briefings that they are not privy to.

The bar has been lowered as far as it can go, it is not Trump's fault he can hurdle it in his pajamas while doing his comb over.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
At least Obama taught constitutional law as a " "Senior Lecturer" from 1992 until his election to the U.S. Senate in 2004 at UC Law School.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
At least Obama taught constitutional law as a " "Senior Lecturer" from 1992 until his election to the U.S. Senate in 2004 at UC Law School.

Criminals sitting in prison study law also, in their quest to avert it.

You see there can be a less than innocent agenda for studying constitutional law, it may explain his proficiency with the executive order.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

It is a popular misconception that Obama taught what most would think of as traditional constitutional law.

His courses dealt much more with race and how that intersects with the constitution than with traditional constitutional law. In other words, when he says himself he was a "constitutional law scholar" to imply he has respect for it, it is an intentional misdirection meant to make people think he respects the COTUS.

He doesn't.

Lie three: Obama calls himself a constitutional law prof to imply that he loves the Constitution. Obama gives the lie to this himself. He is on record – literally, a radio interview done when he was a lecturer – slamming the Supreme Court's interpretation of the Constitution because they never tried to invent a right to "redistribute wealth" – a failing he describes as a "tragedy of the civil rights movement." Obama laments the constraints on government power (what we would call liberty) imposed by our Constitution. Obama himself contrasts following the Constitution with being a community organizer, creating "coalitions of power," which could "redistribute wealth" and create "economic justice."

In other words, most of his studying of it was to find out how to break it in all likelihood because it thwarts him and what he really wants.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: MystikMushroom

And he was ultra qualified.

Here's what 'constitutional scholar' Obama really taught at law school

Good old media vetting, notice the article is 2016. That's a day late and a dollar short by almost a decade.
Imagine if there were real journalists to shine light on these things when they could make a difference. Now we got Trump and the people don't care what dirt they dig up at lightning speed, it only makes him more popular. That is the consequence of not vetting Obama. The voters make Trump more popular the more he gets vetted because they can't fool all of the people all of the time, it's just not possible. The media is going to have to live through a Trump presidency before they can play their game effectively again.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

You and I usually agree . However , in this case , I have to disagree. Obama knows precisely what he has done and is still doing . Using the Constitution and the Powers of Office against the people
Peace

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I wasn't commenting on Obama's intent in what he did merely on the environment Trump would be entering. We have allowed Obama to get away with these excuses so the stage has been set.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
The thread is sort of misleading. Ike may have worked for the Government, but not in the same sense as an executive or a lawmaker.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Being the president is basically like being the head of a company, you have advisors doing the leg work and giving you a summary. you make money, you spend money, and you make deals. I have always believed that a successful businessman would be the perfect president,that`s why I voted for Ross Perote.I don`t think there will be a learning curve for Trump he`ll fit right in as president and hit the ground running.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
How DREADFUL. A guy who parlayed a Million dollars into an Empire worth over 10 Billion in assets....thousands of employees...and no sign of slowing down.

Absolutely dreadful.

Let's pick another Lawyer!

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I gave Obama the same benefit of the doubt. Although I didn't like him in 2008, I view him as an ok president.

Donald may have a steeper learning curve, but I have higher expectations of Trump....for more real-world experience. I see him more like a Reagan character, with more personality and business sense.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

What does this have to do with the OP?

You guys this thread isnt about Obama

edit on 5/10/2016 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Right Ketsuko! Until Obama took office I thought a CZAR was a Communist title from the old Soviet Union. But President Obama saw it on some old newspaper clipping, thought it was a cool name, and started appointing CZARS. He made it up as he went along.

Even if Donald Trump invented titles and positons based Star Wars characters, these people would be far more effective at "Making America Even Greater", than any of Obama's CZARS have been.

new topics

top topics

join