It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare Photos of a Giant Hole at North Pole Via Satellite

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   
North pole

edit on 5/12/16 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

I've got a better:

"No Hollow Earth - there can never be a central sun", by Sir Isaac Newton, otherwise known as the Shell Theorem.

As a physics undergrad, the "run time" of that one is about a half day of calculus bashing.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   
To south pole

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

I did not call anyone out or say their ideas were idiotic. I stated that the Hollow Earth theory has flaws and posted my (very limited) knowledge on how I believe the internal structure of the Earth is comprised. Which, by the way, leaves plenty of room for beings and/or civilizations to Inhabit.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
The OP video describes the ATS-3 photo that it found in a book as 'rare'.

It is not, it has been reproduced many times in other publications and is one of many images taken by that satellite over its lifetime. I also have the book it cites (which was published on the back of a BBC TV programme), as well as several other contemporary copies of it. It has even used in a terrible schlock horror movie to represent Mars.

Not rare.

It also does not show a hole, it shows the southern tip of Greenland. You can't even see the north pole on it. Check Google Earth and see for yourself.

The rest of it very carefully doesn't reveal its sources, but given it can't work out what its looking at in one basic picture I wouldn't rely on it to tell you the truth.
edit on 1/6/2016 by OneBigMonkeyToo because: typo

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
...and the so called view of Earth in "infra red" is nothing of the sort:

pwg.gsfc.nasa.gov...

science.hq.nasa.gov...

it is the Earth viewed in x-rays from the POLAR satellite, with the brightest areas those produced by our magnetic field's interaction with the solar wind.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join