It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leftists and Democrats Opposing America. Mexican Flag Waving & Vicente's Middle FInger.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert
The Right is the counterpart of the Left in the political spectrum. They correspond to each other as opposite ends of the political spectrum. Argh, too tired for explaining. I'm sure Sublimecraft can explain better.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

That would be the standard, conspiracy-oriented answer, but that would only apply to the Right Wingers and "Leftists" such as Hillary Clinton. The rest of us Leftists would rather focus on constitutional-precedence and freedoms that protect religion, sexual preference and such.

It is disingenuous to connect that ideology to those that wish to suppress sexual freedom, religious expression and advocate for war.

The Neo-cons like Hillary and the Right get to own that one.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
The Right is the counterpart of the Left in the political spectrum. They correspond to each other as opposite ends of the political spectrum. Argh, too tired for explaining. I'm sure Sublimecraft can explain better.

You don't understand what counterpart means.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

He has no relevance, he is hated in Mexico for being corrupt, starting the narco wars that lead to the spikes in murders and is part of the oligarchy there. He has ties with the American oligarchy, he is just part of the divide and conquer propaganda in US media to get the Trump fans riled up against Mexico even though most Mexicans will tell you he is a terrible person and hated lol. People are being played and its working like it always does...

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   
First post on ATS. My view. Grew up liberal the grandson of a superior court judge, and with a strong work ethic and good family morals. In my 20's i worked alot, got married, had a daughter and started attending a christian church. My liberal views being against corporate greed didnt ever jive with the conservative christian friends i now had. I was not staunch and thought myself of having and open mind. I agreed where i could with conservatives morally/ ethically, but agreed to disagree on what i felt was a naive view that wealth trickles down. I felt that corporations/the rich find ways to not pay as much tax as they should, and they close up shop to ship jobs away so they can line their pockets. It wasnt a big deal to me that we disagreed, but many christian conservatives treated me different as if i was not a true believer, or i was stupid or almost an enemy.

After a few more years i noticed a very strong push by the democratic party to take up a very strong stance on social issues that i morally had disagreed with. My Dad didnt seem to care at all, to him moral social issues didnt matter, only jobs and fair pay. So now i couldnt really say i was liberal anymore, but i still couldnt say i was conservative because i still didnt believe in trickle down economics. So i just avoided talking politics to any conservative or liberal, because each type of person would look at me sideways if i appeared to be of the other side at all on any topic. It seemed everyone only had a desire for people to completely agree and feel they were in good company and on the "right" side. At this point i thought only that there were two camps of basically honest people that just disagreed. One for higher taxes, one for lower taxes. One for christian morals, one for individual freedom. One for big business saving america, one for the government saving america. I just thought, i will be true to what i believe, and between the two parties and everyone voting, the country will sort itself out for the better.

911 happened, anthrax threats happened,patriot act happened, wars based on lies happened, bad banking to balloon the housing market happened, bubbles popped and markets dropped. The government and media was screaming the sky is falling credit markets will freeze if nothing is done. Massive tax payer bailouts of excessively rich men's bad and greedy decisions happened. Where were all our political saviors that both parties defended tooth and nail at? This led me to have a gut feeling something is wrong. I voted for Obama the first time, because of all the lies he spouted about "change". He didnt change anything. He was a continuation of George W. Bush, but he talks better and said everything i wanted to hear.

Now i knew something was up. I stumbled upon the Bohemian grove on the internet and the rest was history from JFK to the vietnam war, to iran contra, to the franklin cover up, to mena arkansas, to nafta to the repeal of glass steagall, to 911 to iraq and afganistan, to the housing bubble pop and the bank bailouts, to illegally spying on civilians, to whatever we are going to witness next. I realized its not both parties in high reaches of power being opposed to eachother. It just WWE or "reality" TV.

A basic example of this type of nonsense is the minimum wage. We shouldnt have to raise the minumum wage as liberals want, or keep it lower like conservatives want. Its the fact our money isnt worth much anymore, that the parties argue about the wage. No one asks the question of why its not worth anything anymore. The question is brushed aside as common knowledge that it has happened "naturally" and will just continue to like inflation is some kind of occurance like the rain or the wind. Or if the question is posed then whoever asks doesnt understand because its "complicated economics." Or the person who asks is labeled a nutjob. And this is just one simple question out of tens or maybe a hundred of questions of why our country is crumbling at the helm of our fearless leaders.

Im sorry that was so long winded, but i feel my politcal journey relates and echoes to many out there of what used to be only the left and the right. This relates directly to the arguments on each side of aggressive protesting against Trump with Mexican flags waiving, or if you are arguing protests from the other side of your political leaning.

There are three key questions about Trump. 1. Why do almost all political groups including the rich and the media dislike him, yet he is VERY popular with many working class people? 2. Is he the "anti-obama", in that obama said everything that was perfect during his time to be elected, however he lied about almost everything? Is Trump the conservative liar that Obama was to the liberals? 3. Even if Trump ends up being 90% of what he claims he is, which is basically that he wants to move powerfully away from the manipulative controlled liars of our system as much as a president is able to, will this cause sudden doom like a hardcore alcoholic dying of the tremens because the world system cannot be fiddled with in such a rapid fashion without collapsing?
edit on 11-5-2016 by SelectStart because: Grammar

edit on 11-5-2016 by SelectStart because: Spacing.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: TinfoilTP

So you are proposing that they are attempting to make their votes count more than other peoples votes?

No. I"m proposing that perhaps the waving of Mexican flags is "free speech", and not unexpected of proud Mexican Americans who resent what Trump said about them.

I say this: Say whatever you want. Wave whatever flag you want. Just get out of the damn road.

Harte

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   
As far as I can see in my neck of the woods, most people I work with have ZERO ill will towards Mexico or simply being Mexican, but are supportive of Trump. Trump does not appear to be affecting the minds of his supporters to hate Mexico or Mexicans.

Some people simply do not want a large amount of a different country's people immigrating to our country illegally. They want a political figure that will put their money where their mouth is and do something to keep our countries seperate, as they are. I am not sold on Trump for some of the questions I have in my above post still, and I may not vote for him.

Many people are upset about a number of aspects of this illegal immigration, and I do not blame them for being upset about it. It's not the sending their "rapists" comment that is making citizens upset about it. It's that Mexico is not a good place to live in many areas right now and has been for a while. This is obviously why so many people come here illegally. The problem for the good people of Mexico (majority of people) isnt corrected by allowing them to come to the USA as they wish.

The problem will be fixed when those that have the power in both the USA and Mexico make Mexico a better place to reside. (Pipe dream, wont happen without lots more bloodshed sadly due to greed). The question of how to do that is a massive can of worms on its own, however just because it is not being done, doesnt mean people in the USA just need to deal with huge illegal immigration.

Also, I disagree with Trump that the focus should be on deportation and a wall, but I am not sure how to make their government clean up their top to bottom corruption, while at the same time making our country less welcoming to people coming illegally.

Are some Trump supporters fanatical or racist? Sure. But what planet do you live on that thinks that every political lean doesnt have its psychos?

Yes, Trump might be too aggressive and it might end up putting our country in hot water (THAT might be psycho). At the same time i cant argue with alot so far that i have read or heard him say. I have also heard many people try to take his words out of context, and those arguments dont hold water imo.

That said, I do not trust him yet.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

The issues you laid out do lean right... But do you lean left on social issues then?

Ever think you may be libertarian? I don't see why it is not more popular today.

To the topic of the OP, this would be considered an act of war if they started to truly act upon their ideals. Protesting is not hardly an act of war. If that were the case, why are people not saying this every Mayday. Look, I don't like these people or their idealologies. But I will defend their right to do...THAT IS IF THEY ARE CITIZENS OF THIS COUNTRY AND ARE NOT BREAKING THE LAW BY BEING HERE.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa But they weren't SIMPLY raising a flag, they were doing a lot more. How did all of that escape you ? I would call those actions cited disgusting,,,agree with the OP 100%
edit on 11-5-2016 by MEDIKATED because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Are you going to make a point?

I just read through about four pages of responses go trying get a grasp on what your perspective and the only thing I could find was you picking out grammatical errors without making any real points or taking any real positions.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
The rest of us Leftists would rather focus CREATE on constitutional-precedence and freedoms PENUMBRAS that protect religion, sexual preference and such.

Fixed that for you.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: SelectStart
First post on ATS.

Glad to have you aboard

There are three key questions about Trump. 1. Why do almost all political groups including the rich and the media dislike him, yet he is VERY popular with many working class people? 2. Is he the "anti-obama", in that obama said everything that was perfect during his time to be elected, however he lied about almost everything? Is Trump the conservative liar that Obama was to the liberals? 3. Even if Trump ends up being 90% of what he claims he is, which is basically that he wants to move powerfully away from the manipulative controlled liars of our system as much as a president is able to, will this cause sudden doom like a hardcore alcoholic dying of the tremens because the world system cannot be fiddled with in such a rapid fashion without collapsing?

My take:

1) Trump talks about his topics on his terms in basic language instead of the script out of DC. He doesn't play their game. Of course, no one stops to think he may have a game of his own.

2) Obama is a different liar to liberals than Trump is a liar to conservatives.

3) Assuming 90% there is going to be a massive shift in all American political spectrums, yes. Armageddon, no.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Not all Mexicans/Hispanics/Latinos are brown. But apparently you think they are. Otherwise you would not have said that.

Tell that to these groups, as they sell "brown Pride" merchandise.

www.amazon.com...
www.google.com... IBigB&dpr=1
www.nationalmecha.org...
www.facebook.com...

It's amazing to me that you get all these stars for saying something that is so easily proven wrong. Just google these groups! They are awash in "brown pride" rhetoric! FFS, "La Raza" means "The Race". You obviously have a lot to learn on this topic.
edit on 11-5-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I starred that post

You don't hear that sort of thing very often here at ATS - or out in the wild

It's time (and probably too late) for all of us to start talking to each other again

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Are you going to make a point?

I just read through about four pages of responses go trying get a grasp on what your perspective and the only thing I could find was you picking out grammatical errors without making any real points or taking any real positions.

I've said quite a bit. Problem is, you can't understand it. That's not my problem.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Yes, there are groups out there that do exactly what you claim, but La Raza is advocacy group that does not focus on color. You are severely misinformed about that group.

But your focus is color, so I can see why you would lump them all together.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
When you watch all those video's the OP posted your going to come to one of two conclusions:

1) That's just a natural hyperbolic reaction to Trump from the people he talks about.

OR

2) Things are out of sync in America and it's time for some push back, and Trump is the only one in the race now that says he will actually do something about it.

Since I am a logical guy I think it's a little of both at this point.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

a reply to: TheBulk

Yes, there are groups out there that do exactly what you claim, but La Raza is advocacy group that does not focus on color. You are severely misinformed about that group.

But your focus is color, so I can see why you would lump them all together.

Yes a group called "the race" that isn't about skin color. Just because they have good PR, doesn't mean they aren't what they clearly are. Why do left wingers such as yourself have such a hard time spotting racism that doesn't originate from whites?

edit on 11-5-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: TinfoilTP

So you are proposing that they are attempting to make their votes count more than other peoples votes?

No. I"m proposing that perhaps the waving of Mexican flags is "free speech", and not unexpected of proud Mexican Americans who resent what Trump said about them.

I say this: Say whatever you want. Wave whatever flag you want. Just get out of the damn road.

Harte

I support legal, peaceful (free speech) protests of all kinds, whether or not I agree with their political stances.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

Why not?

You like to party, right?

As the Beastie Boys once said...sometimes you have to "fight for your right to par-tay!"

Don't you touch my white sand, bikini-clad female Cancun dreams with some silly wall.

I agree that Cancun is a popular place for Spring Break, ect. Usually when Americans go to Cancun, we go legally, to vacation and to pump up the Mexican economy with our vacation dollars...then we come back home. We don't stay there and mooch off the Mexican government. I am sure if we did Mexico would not be real happy about it and then they would most likely be the ones wanting the wall.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join