It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leftists and Democrats Opposing America. Mexican Flag Waving & Vicente's Middle FInger.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
It's generally not a smiled upon practice throughout the world, to wave a flag of a foreign nation, in ANGER, inside a different host nation.

People of all cultures don't respond to that well.

Call me crazy

And that is why North America is better in that respect. Stop comparing what other countries would do or wouldn't do because it doesn't matter unless your saying you would like to turn America into those countries?

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

What are they protesting? Why would they be waving a flag of another nation in the first place?

Why would someone display, defend and wave the Confederate flag? It is not the US flag.

For 'Heritage"? Mexican is a Nationality, not a race or ethnicity.

The Confederacy went to war with the US. Why would we allow that?

But if people want to wave a flag, which is legal, prepare for the political consequences. I say, keep waving the Mexican flag. It does more for people like me, than they realize.

I'm sure. You admitted to being a nationalist. You support slightly-veiled fascism.

My being a Nationalist means I'm a Fascist now? Because you say so?

Nationalism is a shared group feeling in the significance of a geographical and sometimes demographic region seeking independence for its culture or ethnicity that holds that group together. This can be expressed as a belief or political ideology that involves an individual identifying with or becoming attached to one's nation. Nationalism involves national identity, by contrast with the related concept of patriotism, which involves the social conditioning and personal behaviors that support a state's decisions and actions.

en.wikipedia.org...

Fascism /ˈfæʃɪzəm/ is a form of radical authoritarian nationalism

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Funny how accusations of racism are quick to fly when it comes to Mexico.

Ignoring the fact that almost half of Mexico carries European blood. (Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, German, etc)

And it's 'bigoted' to not want a certain CULTURE being promoted. Yet Gangsters in Detroit are part of a 'culture' and we're allowed to oppose that right?

Face it, some CULTURES suck, and devalue other host cultures. Fact

I'm not going to apologize for that social truth.

That's right.

Not all cultures are equally good.

You have completed the picture we needed to expose.

Nationalism with a belief in cultural superiority.

Fascism.
edit on 10-5-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

What are they protesting? Why would they be waving a flag of another nation in the first place?

Why would someone display, defend and wave the Confederate flag? It is not the US flag.

But if people want to wave a flag, which is legal, prepare for the political consequences. I say, keep waving the Mexican flag. It does more for people like me, than they realize.

I'm sure. You admitted to being a nationalist. You support slightly-veiled fascism.

Nationalism is a shared group feeling in the significance of a geographical and sometimes demographic region seeking independence for its culture or ethnicity that holds that group together. This can be expressed as a belief or political ideology that involves an individual identifying with or becoming attached to one's nation. Nationalism involves national identity, by contrast with the related concept of patriotism, which involves the social conditioning and personal behaviors that support a state's decisions and actions.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

You claimed I was a 'veiled Fascist'. What on earth does your Wikipedia copy/paste do to ANSWER that accusation?

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

You claimed I was a 'veiled Fascist'. What on earth does your Wikipedia copy/paste do to ANSWER that accusation?

It shows that by your own definition, you believe in fascist ideologies, yet lack the balls to admit it.

link   

Ignoring the fact that almost half of Mexico carries European blood. (Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, German, etc)

And it's 'bigoted' to not want a certain CULTURE being promoted. Yet Gangsters in Detroit are part of a 'culture' and we're allowed to oppose that right?

That's right.

Nationalism with a believe in cultural superiority.

Fascism.

So tech nerds in San Francisco who obey the law and treat people kindly....

are as EQUAL as ISIS Jihadis raping and beheading people??

Two different cultures, and you're claiming that believing those cultures are different....is FASCISM??

You're out to lunch dude. I'm going to bed.

link   
a reply to: introvert

Sure, that's fine if they want to wave it. But depending upon the reaction they want in return, they might want to make sure their message about why they're waving it is clear. Because if I don't know what that message is and it's a toss up between, "We're here to invade you on behalf of our country" or "We're here with you and want to belong to in this country", there's no telling which one anyone is going to assume.

So it's good to make sure people know why you're waving that flag around and what you mean by it.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

You're gonzo man. Goodnight.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

That's right.

Nationalism with a believe in cultural superiority.

Fascism.

So tech nerds in San Francisco who obey the law and treat people kindly....

are as EQUAL as ISIS Jihadis raping and beheading people??

Two different cultures, and you're claiming that believing those cultures are different....is FASCISM??

You're out to lunch dude. I'm going to bed.

Thanks for exposing yourselves!

Sleep tight.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I, again, completely agree.

These people need to communicate better and understand the errors in how they conduct themselves.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: FullBloodedNative
Your version of America differs from mine. I want a country where everybody can be who they want, do whatever they want and practice what they want without being constantly attacked for it.

The right what only what a country for certain groups and any other groups must be shunned, embarrassed, stereotyped and outright hated.

So you oppose the DOZENS of provable incidents where Leftists attack Conservatives at rallies, stop EMT vehicles, burn things, steal property, assault, block cars, spit on old people, etc....all in the name of 'free speech'.

Right?

And that's just on college campuses!

I'm not being sarcastic.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

People who are not racists do not like being called racist by the insincere.

What if I mean it sincerely?

Who cares what people like or don't like Les? They're only words. They're being too sensitive - and superstitious

You should tell them

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Leftists and democrats and their counterparts in the war-pig camp have systematically bought America to where she is today over the last half-century (at least).

Whether it be immigration issues, foreign policy, domestic spending, bailouts, wars, assassinations, spying, manipulating foreign governments, entrenched political corruption and the relentless and ongoing use of propaganda to ignite social tensions towards race, religion, political affiliation and sexual preference - both sides have contributed to the current situation.

The examples you have given in the OP should give pause to everyone, not because it's dissin' the other side, but because it shows how far we are collectively yet to go before we are a society enlightened enough to deserve real peace.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

You say this:

Leftists and democrats and their counterparts in the war-pig camp have systematically bought America to where she is today over the last half-century (at least).

Then you say this:

both sides have contributed to the current situation.

Very confusing. It sounds like you want to blame the Left, but realize the Right is just as much at fault.

You contradict yourself.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Their counterparts would mean the right and Republicans I assume. So there is no contradiction.
edit on 10-5-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Who do you think I am referring to when I state "their counterparts in the war-pig camp"?

That'd be the Right, and you're right, they're just as much to blame.

I hope that clears up the apparent contradiction.

Cheers

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
The people who defend democrat, progressive, even republican platforms are defending government.

I know many here are pro-big government, so it really doesn't matter (at this point) if it's left or right.

Big government is big government.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Who do you think I am referring to when I state "their counterparts in the war-pig camp"?

The definition of counterpart is someone that holds a similar position, function or belief. The Right is not the counterpart of the Left.

There is a stark difference.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   

IMO, you're splitting hairs however this is what I mean - all the little republicans go to their respective offices in their respective towns and cities to discuss and review the same legislation that all the little democrats from the same towns and cities discuss and review. Then they meet at the club house and iron-out their differences.

Two sides of the exact same coin, made ever more evident during those brief glimpses where bipartisanship manifests itself.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Im still trying to figure out what the hell does Vicente Fox have to do with anything?..last I heard he was the president..oh about 10 years ago. I'm asking a serious question..what is his relevance?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join