It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cliff Richard: "full file" of evidence sent to Crown Prosecutors on allegations of abuse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
South Yorkshire Police have confirmed that they have finally sent their evidence against Cliff Richard to the CPS and are currently awaiting a charging decision , in my opinion chances are no charges will be brought and Cliff will carry on as normal , but if charges are brought against his it would lend credence to some of the stories that were circulating last year regarding the involvement of of some of Britain's ruling elite , boots will be being shaken in.

I don't know whether he's innocent or guilty , nobody outside that circle of knowledge does but if charges are brought the fallout could be massive,if the allegations are proven true then the other alleged members of the exclusive club could find themselves dragged kicking and screaming before the courts , does the old boy networrk still have the power to stop this ?

Detectives investigating sex abuse claims against Sir Cliff Richard have sent a "full file" of evidence to prosecutors after coming under pressure to wind up the two year probe.

A CPS spokewoman said: “We have received a full file of evidence from South Yorkshire Police. We will now carefully consider its contents in line with the Code for Crown Prosecutors, in order to establish whether there is sufficient evidence to provide a realistic prospect of conviction, and whether it is in the public interest to do so.”
www.telegraph.co.uk...

I'm not a Cliff Richard fan but neither do I wish him ill , I like many await the decision from the CPS (Crown Prosecution Service) , either way it's about time these allegations were put to bed one way or the other.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Another one bites the dust........

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I guess we will have to wait and see what the CPS decide, but the Police must think they have some sort of case.

I always thought he was a homosexual leading an asexual life, because of his religious beliefs.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

the thing that really struck a nerve with me was when they said that they will look for a prosecution if it is in the publics interest?

If there was crime committed then that should have nothing to do with public opinion and screams of a two tier criminal system.

It was a different time and although that does not excuse any indiscretion a crime commited is a crime and should be accounted for.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I am of the opinion that if cliff richard was guilty of one occasion of this type of crime, there would many people coming forward with more accusations, like with jimmy saville.

Most peodophiles/rapists don't offend just the once in a life time, there are usually many victims. Once they start, they don't stop, they may well have periods where they don't feel the need to offend, but they always go back to it, it seems to take control of them, like an addiction.

Just my opinion for what its worth

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
There have been rumours about him for decades.. I know it's innocent until proven guilty but on the other hand there is no smoke without fire..

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: eccentriclady
I am of the opinion that if cliff richard was guilty of one occasion of this type of crime, there would many people coming forward with more accusations, like with jimmy saville.

Most peodophiles/rapists don't offend just the once in a life time, there are usually many victims. Once they start, they don't stop, they may well have periods where they don't feel the need to offend, but they always go back to it, it seems to take control of them, like an addiction.

I agree, but Savile's victims were kept quiet and he had the establishment protecting him, including the police. It was only after his death that the truth eventually came out.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: eccentriclady

For what it's worth
Rolf Harris, saville, their victims were everywhere and, vocal and angry,
cliff Richard, I havnt heard any real avalanche of claims that I would expect to hear.

Then again I was a bit surprised when Rolf Harris was charged and convicted.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   
The Crown Prosecution Service have today said there will be no further action against Cliff Richard over historical sexual abuse allegations.

top topics

join