It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bystanders break up bizarre scuffle between angry KKK members and black pro-Confederate activist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Here's something you don't see everyday:

A black pro-Confederate demonstrator was met by angry Ku Klux Klan members at a Florida park in a Dave Chappelle sketch come to life.

H.K. Edgerton, the former president of the NAACP chapter in Asheville, North Carolina, travels the South wearing a Confederate army uniform to promote his belief that the seditious government was not racist.

The 68-year-old Edgerton baffled his former colleagues by campaigning in favor of pro-Confederate groups and promoting their symbols — which many Americans perceive as antagonistic emblems of the slavery and racism.

Edgerton, wearing a gray historical uniform, was paying his respects Monday morning at the Hemming Park Confederate Monument in Jacksonville when several members of an area KKK chapter confronted him, reported WTLV-TV.

The racist group argued with Edgerton until witnesses came to his defense and defused the situation.

The Southern Legal Resource Center, where Edgerton is a board member, said they weren’t sure why KKK members protested the black pro-Confederate activist’s demonstration.

LINK www.rawstory.com...

My brain hurts and I have a really weird look on my face right now.

I can only assume that the Klowns got Konfused when they saw him. Frustrated with their confusion, they got angry and lashed out at him?

edit on 5102016 by XP100 because: typo

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: XP100

Never go full retard. But they aren't on the same side, and that's evident by their reaction.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

GOD I LOVE MY STATE!!

There just no shortage of social entertainment here.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
rare instances where we see the Stockholm syndrome backfires.

a chicken and a fox become trapped from flooding, theres a boat near by, but the chicken cannot row alone and make it to safety, the chicken tells the fox if they row together theyll make it to safety. the fox agrees. but half way to safety, the fox begins to devour the chicken. before the chicken dies, it tells the fox, you cant make it across alone, now were both going to die. and the fox said, youre a chicken and im a fox, what did you expect.

whos the idiot here?
i wished hed gotten what he truly deserved.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

oh what a black man has an honest assessment on a symbol that the progressive left is trying to erase from history, and so he just needs to be beat down?? The only idiots here are the KKK, but they always have been.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

He was better dressed, much like Imperial officers compared to raggedy Sith

Always with the Star Wars!

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The Chappelle Show wasn't supposed to be an instruction manual!!!...

LOL!!

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist

oh what a black man has an honest assessment on a symbol that the progressive left is trying to erase from history, and so he just needs to be beat down?? The only idiots here are the KKK, but they always have been.

yea.. history like going to war for what that symbol idolizes and those whom idolize that said symbol. yea. your history might not reflect real history.
i hopetheyd killthe idiot, like they want to deep down.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

maybe you and the KKK just happen to not like the guy for the same reason, thats how I am interpreting your words.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I have heard of this guy before, and while it's a free country and can express himself in any fashion, I feel free to criticize him on being on the wrong side of history, yes he had an ancestor that fought to keep others in bondage, but so did some Africans and Arabs fought in Nazi units, they probably have descendants, if those descendants showed up waving a Nazi flag and dressed in their fathers or grand father's WWII German uniforms talking about honoring their memories, they deserve a vocal beat down, we cannot chose the family we were born into or the action an ancestor took , but at least we can learn what not to celebrate about them when they chose to be on the side of the bad and the ugly.

It would be enough to say I had an ancestor that was an oppressor and move on from there, but in the case of Mr Edgerton he have to had realize what that symbolizes for most of his Black neighbors , that members of the Klan wanted to whoop his azz over their symbols should finally Klue him in that the people who uses those symbols ain't his friends.
edit on 10-5-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Thats ok man, my pal Huey got this.

I was not aware he was soliciting for a live action movie. What a shame it hasn't been funded yet.

new topics

top topics

join