It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most underrated vocalists

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane
I'm going to be honest. I prefer Tom Waits voice. I love the gravelly tone as you put it. The second does not work, not for me anyways!

Perhaps this could be of your taste? Leonard Cohen:

edit on 10-5-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Thanks very much for the music,everyone who posted-will listen more tomorrow,it was my son's birthday so went to the capital city and i'm bushed tonight. Thanks so much,really appreciated

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
William Topley of The Blessing

en.wikipedia.org...(musician)

edit on 10-5-2016 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-5-2016 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Joanna Newsome and more recently from commercials-Roarke

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Krizz Kaliko!

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
www.youtube.com...

Holy crap, Janis Joplin 2.0 !

What a great set of pipes on that woman... I had to go check out a bunch more youtube videos of her performances.

I love me some raspy rugged blues-y sounding types of voices.

Thanks for bringing Dana's to our attention !

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Jeff Bukley.
Daniel Johns.
Claudio Sanchez.
Chino Morino.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Great choices! I just saw Opeth in NYC back in November when they did some 25th anniversary shows(only 3 in the states) and they played a Ghost Reveries in its entirety to celebrate its 10th anniversary. No openers. Just 2 1/2 hours of Opeth doing smogs from every album. In the top ten shows I've ever been to hands down.

Here are some random cuts by Dax Riggs( Acid Bath/Agents of Oblivion/Deadboy and the Elephant Men

Since you posted the Animals version-

edit on 11-5-2016 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar
a reply to: opethPA
Great choices! I just saw Opeth in NYC back in November when they did some 25th anniversary shows(only 3 in the states) and they played a Ghost Reveries in its entirety to celebrate its 10th anniversary. No openers. Just 2 1/2 hours of Opeth doing smogs from every album. In the top ten shows I've ever been to hands down.

Man I am so envious you got to that show!!!
Freaking awesome!!!!!

More vids...

Jeff Buckley...while is known for his iconic version of Hallelujah I actually like other songs way better...

Monica Richards from Faith and the Muse... This is a live version of a recent song of theirs..The audio quality isnt great but the aesthetic of who they are is present. If this interests you I can post songs where you can hear her voice much better.

Lisa Gerrard from Dead Can Dance and Solo works...Since I posted Brendan Perry in my first thread this is the other half of Dead Can Dance..Her works have been in Gladiator, Black Hawk Down, The Insider, Whale Rider ...This specific song is from Gladiator

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Thanks again,so much,i deeply appreciate all the magnificent voices posted here-some i have never even heard of

I shall be back later in the evening-i am taking this thread Slowly because i want to listen carefully to each and every artist posted. I'm still busy fixin dinner,so will have me-time later in the night.

I nominate also, Claire Johnston,lead vocalist of South African group,Mango Groove. There's some info on Claire along on this YT page.The group had spectacular success,especially locally-but i suspect there's many people from other countries who have never heard her godly-good,spectacular voice:

Another Awesome song by Mango Groove,of which she's always been the lead vocalist-this one shows off also the sheer musician-Genius of the rest of this iconic South African group:

edit on 11-5-2016 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-5-2016 by Raxoxane because: added

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Ken Casey of the Dropkick Murphy's:

en.wikipedia.org...

www.zimbio.com...

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I know hes a relatively new guy and not too well known on the scene but I think Will Champlin has got sone serious, serious chops. Plus I heard hes super friendly too.

vimeo.com...

vimeo.com...
edit on 11-5-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join