It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia to test unstoppable 'Satan 2' stealth nuke capable of wiping out an ENTIRE NATION

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I've got a feeling that the tests are real (at a small scale), but the weapon is not. They're just used to fear monger and authority. A way of saying "You better not mess with me, because I can blow you up with 1 hit!". Prob both sides have been doing the same.

It's just like US currency. It's not backed by anything and the majority of it isn't real. Or if you look at game of thrones, in season 2 when Daenarys gets to that rich city, the wealthiest man in the city keeps all of his treasure that backs his wealth in a safe. When they open the safe, it's completely empty.

My reasoning for this is: People, even the most corrupt, can't be stupid enough to build a weapon capable of destroying the entire world in a single blast (which includes themselves).

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
'Satan 2' - great name, bad product. what a hopelessly insane world this is.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Maybe, and I am just spit balling here, they test it without live warheads?

2nd.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Not sure I believe this. If it can totally destroy something the size of Texas then it would surely cause an ELE, right? The asteroid that killed the dinosaurs didn't leave a crafter the size of Texas and it still affected the entire world.

There's no way a bomb could totally destroy a land mass that size without killing everything else on the planet.

That's right. Anyone exploding something that powerful would be signing their own death warrant. Russia is not that stupid (though perhaps ISIS is.)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I say this is a bluff, much in the same way we bluffed the Soviets into believing we had "Star Wars" satellite anti-ICBM technology. It's designed to make us quake in our boots that they can utterly annihilate us.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrogoTheNorman
I say this is a bluff, much in the same way we bluffed the Soviets into believing we had "Star Wars" satellite anti-ICBM technology. It's designed to make us quake in our boots that they can utterly annihilate us.

It's no bluff.

Scrap away the fear-mongering and the hyperbole, and you have a marginal performance increase on a 28 year old delivery platform.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DrogoTheNorman
Read my comment on the first page. It's the very last comment there. If you want, I'll quote it here.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
Read my comment on the first page. It's the very last comment there. If you want, I'll quote it here.

I did read your comment, and that's one of the reasons for my reply. Perhaps it has capabilities beyond other nukes, but I don't see how it's significantly different from other multiple warhead designs. If anything, the claimed stealth capability is the real thing to be worried about, and I still say it could be a bluff.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Well, then it should be clear that if you destroy enough of a nations industry capabilities or destroy enough population centers or some combination then you effectively destroy the nation. It isn't saying to literally destroy it, but to effectively destroy it.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

The point is: any multiple warhead device can already do that. Since the Cold War days. Nothing new to see here: move along.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
It does not mater if they have or use this nuke.
The US has sub launched nukes that will still rain hell on them and everyone loses.

Tinfoil hat time ... Russians caused Chernobyl on purpose to have a nuke disaster site to study to see how bad it might actually be ... and they are now thinking it's not so bad ...

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Er....then yes. Move along....

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
There is a nice test site situated in NW Iraq/Eastern Syria where Russia is dropping bombs daily.
edit on 10-5-2016 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: FamCore

I guess that makes sense but still, I would think a bomb that could destroy Texas in seconds would have huge ramifications for the entire world, including the ones who launched it. The shock wave from such an explosion would be devastating for thousands of miles around I would think.

If it were a single bomb then you are probably correct in your assumptions. However, it (if it exists) is likely designed similar to the modern ICBM where as it has several "smaller" warheads.

This missile would be of epic proportions. Im curious how they could get that much firepower in one single launch.

By the way it wouldnt be all that surprising to find out this is true. The Russians are the ones who detonated the biggest bomb yet. For comparison the bomb dropped on Hiroshima was 15 kiloton, that Russian bomb was 50,000 kiloton.

edit on 5/10/2016 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Everytime I hear about big bad missiles, bombs, WW3. ...

It bothers the core of my being; why our controllers have all the power, wealth and knowledge to date, yet invest in killing each other in defensive strategic motifs.

2016. Yet the powers of nations are still investing in destruction, raping and destroying the planet itself, and keeping the populations in constant conflict and states of stupidity.

But we have cellphones, Internets and freedumbs. .. we are advanced, said no sane person ever.

We can only use mental imagination to wonder what a world we could live in, if trillions were invested in healing the planet, making ties with each other, making citizens smarter, healthier and happier..

One day.. until then...

"Satan 2".

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

Think about it.

How many families can't even manage that?

Your ideas sound nice, but until we can even manage them on the level of the family, it's insane to think we can manage it on a wider basis.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Up to a dozen warheads. My reply on the very bottom of first page makes sense of it I like to think.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: KnightFire

Why would an ICBM need "stealth?" Sure, a multiple-warhead ICBM could definitely destroy an entire nation, but this sounds imaginary, due to the ridiculousness of an ICBM having any use for stealth technology.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

I suppose that depends on how much they believe in anti-ICBM capabilities.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Why would an ICBM need "stealth?" Sure, a multiple-warhead ICBM could definitely destroy an entire nation, but this sounds imaginary, due to the ridiculousness of an ICBM having any use for stealth technology.

I was thinking the same thing. Why does a nuke missile need stealth technology? Maybe the element of surprise, but Satellites use infrared so the element of surprise is out. Maybe it's because it would be cool to say we have a stealth missile? I mean it is the Russians and they are always trying to one up everyone.

Maybe the next cool think would be a stealth heat seeking missile shot from a jet fighter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join