It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cursers that self scroll up the screen

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue
I am on my second cordless mouse where the curser just keeps scrolling up the screen and I cannot do anything about it. The first one was a MS mouse which worked well until all of a sudden it starting scrolling up the screen by itself.

I've had this about 3 months and is logtek.

Any ideas on why this occurs and what, if anything, can be done about it.

Thanks for any help

Righto, I installed the SelectPoint software and restarted. In the SelectPoint Select Button I chose Auto Scroll and the Select Task I selected Middle Button and I clicked restore defaults and Apply.

Also did this for Auto Scroll with Middle Button selected in Select Task - selected Restore Defaults and Apply but no change.

There is no Sensitivity Slider in the window to adjust.

what now?
thanks

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: imthegoat

AND agreed again, just some users are not aware of the conflict of the track pad vs mouse, and thus causes issues. Especially with the quite common basic drivers the pad manufacturer provide for the laptop manufacturer to not develop/test it to their platform/product specifically , the minimal effort possible. Each laptop no matter how generic or complex is very different, track pad feature wise and they slack off and results in users having issues.

Also i have admitted to the same as you using Microsoft drivers as well currently, the mouse works out the gate. And the bloatware is minimal(not so bad) with the Logitech brand, mostly for setting features to either personally configure button actions, or to set profiles for gaming to per game settings(i have a joystick, wheel, mouse all logitech, and all happen to work with the native drivers from MS..yay!). Also Logitech is not a third party.

Yes bloatware sucks *&^%#..And my phone has native android installed..nothing extra unless i installed it. The way it should be.

Anyone remember how to navigate Windows without a mouse? Just to install the mouse drivers from a 3.1/4 inch 1.44MB disk.??? i used console it was way quicker than navigating the gui by keyboard.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

is it still misbehaving?

Can auto-scroll be turned off/disabled?

edit on 5/10/2016 by jappee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Just have to ask....how old is the mouse? also has it ever been dropped? The mechanical MMB switch could be "glitchy" and randomly "closed" (ie. clicked/pressed) due to extended used or damage (from impact). just a possibility.

Also what version of Windows?

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   

I have installed the logitech software to further this mission. For you, after the SetPoint install,..a "Mouse and Keyboard Settings" should appear in the programs list from the windows logo, bottom left corner and above when logo is clicked. In this settings dialog...There is a selection "Select Button" click #3 "Autoscroll", then to the right under "Select Task"...select "Other"...instantly a dialog box appears with a drop menu. Drop the menu list and select "Do Nothing"...click "Ok"...then click "Apply"..that should at least turn off the auto scroll behavior. i tried to include screenshots but somehow i lack the needed know-how to include in the post..

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

I have pulled the battery out of the mouse for 30 seconds and it still continues to scroll.

I've also noticed that scrolls up the screen even while the PC is booting up??

My Mouse is an M185

I’ve downloaded and installed:
The logiteck Options
The scroll_app_smart_4.00.33
SetPoint6.67.83_smart

and I'm trying to get them to all to do their stuff. One of them is having trouble 'finding' another, not sure which is which because half the instruction text is hidden on half a page that become a pic, I have tried to pair the mouse to something else for which I cannot read the text to identify what it is as its hidden by pic type thing that has hidden half the text.

running outa ideas here.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   

See above suggestions
SetPoint is the relevant software..

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: jappee

How do i post images..i have them on the (ATS)server, but no way to include??? Do i have to use a third party hosting service???

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   

I have pulled the battery out of the mouse for 30 seconds and it still continues to scroll. I've also noticed that scrolls up the screen even while the PC is booting up??

Wow,.. pretty strange, faulty hardware, broken faulty MMB switch?

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I think there may be some misunderstanding about your problem. On ATS, for example, does the page scroll or does the mouse pointer move by itself?

Seeing that this is a wireless mouse, do you have any wired mouse you can try?

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   
The curser scrolls up the screen when the computer boots up and when I take the battery out.

I have just tried it with a corded mouse and the pointer on that also scrolls up the screen when I take my hand off the mouse and make sure the mouse is not moving.

Any thoughts appreciated.

thanks

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   

The mouse is about 3 months old and has fallen off my lounge chair about 4-5 times. it sill works but the curser keeps on scrolling on.

I'm using Windows 7 Home Edition SP1

I'll research the MMB switch

thanks for the help people,

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   
righto I played around with the adjustments to mouse I could find in the

SetPoint6.67.83_smart
scroll_app_smart_4.00.33
Options_3.30.8

I have made all the adjustments I can but no good

I think its a case of fork out another $20

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I didn't find it mentioned, do you have a desktop computer or a laptop?

Edited to add that, if a corded mouse has the same behaviour, it doesn't look like a hardware problem with the cordless mouse, it looks more like a software problem.

A question: did you try to use the mouse on a different surface?
edit on 11/5/2016 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Thanks for that I will do that.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
I didn't find it mentioned, do you have a desktop computer or a laptop?

Edited to add that, if a corded mouse has the same behaviour, it doesn't look like a hardware problem with the cordless mouse, it looks more like a software problem.

A question: did you try to use the mouse on a different surface?

Yes, I did there are two different surfaces in the chairs I use. When I booted up again today, the pointer was stationary for a short time while during the final boot up process, ie, after the desk top was formed and the icons appeared.

The computer is a PC

thanks

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Righto people, this suggstion made worked, I followed the instructions and the curser stoped scrolling up the screen.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link quote reply

I have installed the logitech software to further this mission. For you, after the SetPoint install,..a "Mouse and Keyboard Settings" should appear in the programs list from the windows logo, bottom left corner and above when logo is clicked. In this settings dialog...There is a selection "Select Button" click #3 "Autoscroll", then to the right under "Select Task"...select "Other"...instantly a dialog box appears with a drop menu. Drop the menu list and select "Do Nothing"...click "Ok"...then click "Apply"..that should at least turn off the auto scroll behavior. i tried to include screenshots but somehow i lack the needed know-how to include in the post..

Thank you to Japee and everyone else who contributed.

suggest we make a note of this cure somewhere.

Got a fright when the keyboard would not work (its bit old Emprex 90290 URF cordless keyboard and one has to push a button on the USB for it, to make it work but after a while it magically began to work again.

After following the advice by Japee I rebooted the computer and one of the things I did to try to get the keyboard working again was reset the logitec mouse to "Do Nothing" again. It ramins on that setting.

Thanks again for the help everyone.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: jappee
Just have to ask....how old is the mouse? also has it ever been dropped? The mechanical MMB switch could be "glitchy" and randomly "closed" (ie. clicked/pressed) due to extended used or damage (from impact). just a possibility.

Also what version of Windows?

Thanks, The mouse is about 3-4 months old and I run Home edition of win 7

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   

no fixed as per Japees fix

top topics

<< 1   >>

join