It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Commercial/Ad - Alien contact

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I am posting this here because A) This is just purely a slightly "interesting find" from a recent commercial I saw and B) This is pure speculation/observation. I don't claim this is any "real" conspiracy or anything like that. I know some people around here fully believe in subliminal messages and predictive programming...so those folks might find it leads somewhere cool for them. I don't buy into that very much, but when I see things like this...it does make me wonder. Anyway...a slightly interesting find ----

slack.com...

That company's ad had been running every commercial break on a certain cable provider's streaming app. Specifically, this is the ad that I've now seem about 30 times while I'm binge watching a show:

vimeo.com...

There are a few tidbits that are interesting. First, and most noticeable is that a few companies that seem to always show up in conspiracy type scenarios are parodied in the ad. It is an obvious throwback to oldschool Disney cartoons, namely the Mickey/Steamboat Willy cartoon. You will also notice that the characters seem to be using a not-so-vague Apple iPhone.

There is one quick 2-3 second shot of a newspaper in the ad:

The whole paper does not show up in the ad, but you can clearly read the partial "front page" of the paper.

It describes the company's function which is basically a one-app-for-all that people can use to apparently connect a team or business and reduce the time spent on having different apps for everything. The company site says it is your " team’s collective brain." Creepy.

Also, it curiously describes a featured story about Alien contact on earth. It casually mentions that things like Area 51 has been disclosed, and aliens apparently live among us. The ad is about a spaceship, but I'm not exactly sure why as it isn't very relevant to the product. Also, there is another ad airing on TV for this company that has an assortment of animals inventing some flying umbrella...so their ads are pretty disconnected.

The song playing is an old song, and it has nothing to do with space or aliens. It does feature somewhat dark lyrics compared to the upbeat vibe of the song. For instance, it goes:

"While you’re playing your part, keep a song in your heart
Tra la la count your blessings and smile"

and

"Who wants to die, oh what a happy land, hi
Tra la la count your blessings and smile"

So, who knows...I've seen people come up with conspiracies with less evidence, lol.
edit on 10-5-2016 by BarefootInWinter because: added

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   
it was actually quite a good ad, but to be honest I think you are looking too much into this particular one. It's all relevant to the theme.
Anyway, good for thinking outside to box, just don't see anything sinister personally.
edit on 10/5/16 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

Completely agree. And a Star just for your avatar alone!

If you are going to grab people's attention, you need to be edgy, and the demographic they are going after might find the alien angle interesting, so hence more attention to the product by those they want to court.

Cool ad either way.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Nah, like I said, I don't buy into most of these types of conspiracies. I just know some people around here do, and I figured they might like it. It is a weird-but-cool ad...and it is fun to catch those little details. Definitely not sinister for sure...

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

It's desensitization, so that disclosure won't be full panic mode like the war of the world's fiasco.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I played a game, Glitch created by the founder of Slack, Stewart (Stoot) Butterfield. It was an amazing MMO, with crazy graphics, an amazing community and many weird characters, both in game and the members as well, and the creators certainly had a weird sense of humour.

This ad does not surprise me at all, and it is just Stoot having some fun.
edit on 10-5-2016 by 1984hasarrived because: stupid typo!!

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
It also says giant ants are invading the planet. Do we ignore that one but accept the alien article?

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: damwel
News Flash!

I live in South Florida; they arrived a long time ago.

There are giants, minis, and micro minis. They come in all shades and sizes. They are indestructible, and can rebuild a ravaged, poisoned, flooded, or burnt colony, overnight. Their numbers are Legion.

They will eat your house, and if you stand still for more than 60 seconds, they will eat you.

Warning. Some are even crazy.

edit on 10-5-2016 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: E

new topics

top topics

join