It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KIC 8462852 - New study supports natural causes, not alien activity.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: PanPiper
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

Lets say, it was a alien civilization.. Why do the hairless monkeys think they would be contacted? A friendly chat?

Perhaps the interior universal inhabitants located third planet from their "main" Star have always been observed for progress.
As technologies increase that essentially bring them closer to the Singularity and or Annihilation...

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I am convinced they are a part of evolution and not intelligent design..

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   
depending if they acknowledge a CREATOR would somewhat determine ID

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   

I always fancied the term;" There is always a choice, if you can live with the consequence "

but i believe, the acceptance for a creator is greater than the acknowledgment

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: PanPiper1 can accept that

To me its not too far outta box to consider something intelligence laying forth growth and intelligence generating regions of Existence for things of all kinds to evolve within.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   

I don't know but I would guess it's more like intelligence co-evolved. But I would say there seems to be determination.
How does it happen suddenly to go from building a place to sleep, to waking up with wings is sexy? I think it is more like there is a sort of building plan within the genetic information, a goal.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
The new Hipke, et al paper attempts to negate the January findings of Bradley Schaefer, that there was a century-long dimming trend in KIC 8462852. This matter is far from settled.

In any case, The new paper does not address itself to Schaefer's new analysis, given in April. In it, Schaefer used new check stars, and additional data points, but still found the long term decline in the brightness of Tabby's Star.
edit on 10-5-2016 by Ross 54 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-5-2016 by Ross 54 because: Improved Paragraph structure, removed unneeded space within a word

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
Imagine sending code communications with SOL? Dimming its observation paths in various locations in codes...

A bit unnecessary, as it would take awhile before the message gets there and I don't think dimming the sun is the best way. I'm sure there is a more practical approach for sending code with the speed of light

p.s. I know you were speculating for fun, I'm replying for fun

edit on 10-5-2016 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Ross 54

Starred your post.

The latest (revised) Hippke et al paper was published on the 28th April: A statistical analysis of the accuracy of the digitized magnitudes of photometric plates on the time scale of decades with an application to the century-long light curve of KIC 8462852

The team addressed Schaefer's objections (and several others) by removing the red/yellow plates from their samples and using Landolt standards so they were matching like with like. Their results aren't showing a significant dimming of Tabby's star over the century; no more/less than seen with >500 others. A small number (4) of neighbouring stars do show significant differences in brightness over the century.

Their concluding thoughts remain in support of the 'comet swarm' explanation. Who knows? I'll read Schaefer's April paper later today/tomorrow (linked above).

Paul Carr discusses Schaefer's latest paper in the typically excellent Wow Signal Podcast. Season 3, Episode 5 - Catching Tabby's Star in the Act. I'll listen to it on the way to work and have missed the last couple of shows. For anyone interested in these subjects, Paul Carr's podcasts are excellent and pitched in a way that's broad and inclusive.
edit on 5.11.2016 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

English?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ch1n1t0

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
Imagine sending code communications with SOL? Dimming its observation paths in various locations in codes...

A bit unnecessary, as it would take awhile before the message gets there and I don't think dimming the sun is the best way. I'm sure there is a more practical approach for sending code with the speed of light

p.s. I know you were speculating for fun, I'm replying for fun

Yes not speaking of dimming the actual star but it observation paths with solar sails or something like. But in assessed paths of vision where ET may be viewing from

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join