It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Ryan will skip chairing convention if Donald Trump asks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

House Speaker Paul Ryan would back out of chairing the Republican National Convention in July, if Donald Trump asks him to, his office confirmed Monday.

Ryan first made the comments to a home-town paper, telling the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, "He's the nominee. I'll do whatever he wants with respect to the convention."

The two are set to meet Thursday in Washington, after Ryan told CNN last week he was "just not ready" to throw support behind Trump, after rivals Texas Sen. Ted Cruz and Ohio Gov. John Kasich both suspended their campaigns making Trump the presumptive Republican nominee.
Paul Ryan will skip chairing convention if Donald Trump asks

Mark 3:25 If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand.

I would think those words would be familiar to most American conservatives. The Democratic party is looking like more and more of a lock to win every day.

The Republican party would have to be completely unified to win the presidential election. It would have to be a best-case scenario. Everything is going in the wrong direction.

You can still bet on the Democratic party to win the election at decent odds:

www.oddschecker.com...

It's a pity that's illegal in Las Vegas.
edit on 9-5-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Sounds like he's scared stiff of Sarah Palin

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Maybe he'll get voted out and replaced by the guy who has all those tattoos and rides the motorcycle so we never have to see his name again while he's refusing to do the job he signed up to do.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Maybe he'll get voted out and replaced by the guy who has all those tattoos and rides the motorcycle so we never have to see his name again while he's refusing to do the job he signed up to do.

He 'got away with it' for 17 years. How does a Public Servant earn 6 million dollars?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Great question.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Ryan is sane it seems.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

Ryan is sane it seems.

Define sane within the context of American politics.

He's just as corrupt as the rest of them as Snarl pointed out so how is his refusal to support Trump a show of anything but the fact that he wants the gravy train to continue

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

It's all a game. I think McCain just endorsed Trump.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

It's all a game. I think McCain just endorsed Trump.

I doubt that.

Source?

McCain threw it to Obama, he is a RINO.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Bummer, I was hoping Ryan would do some P90X while trump puts on the most different republican convention ever. My prediction is that Trump puts on a spectacle convention unlike any other, its going to be YUGE !!! Maybe since people say we are a circus Trump will have a real circus with some elephants, a mime and a Liger !! It would be cool if the republicans could all be cool like Trump.
edit on 10-5-2016 by MEDIKATED because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Ryan is very popular at home in Wisconsin with a 76% approval rating. Although his national approval rating is higher than Trumps it is still very bad 32% to Trumps 28%. Ryan will be in office and he no doubt is very sure Trump will not be. Lets face it if the GOP internal polling was showing Trump having any chance in this election they would have to fall in line. That they are not is a good sign the GOPs polls are telling them the same thing public polls tell us. Trump is going fall real hard in this one so anyone who thinks they have a political future in the GOP is running off screaming into the night that they have nothing to do with Trump. It will be interesting to watch them fight over the remains of GOP and see who comes out on top.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

You could just use Google but last I saw McCain wants Trump to apologize to all POW's before he supports him. So either way, McCain is coming around.

new topics

top topics

join