It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic Prophecy- Final Signs of Qiyaamah

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Well I just finished reading another book on this topic, titled The Approach of Armageddon? An Islamic Perspective by Shaykh Muhammad Hisham Kabbani. In it he discusses several aspects including giving validity to the Koran and the Hadiths, why he thinks we're in the final days and additional signs to look for.

Now while summarizing his book for discussion, I may repeat things previously discussed in the thread due to the age of the thread, however there also prophecies from other Hadiths that should be considered when trying to grasp the full aspect of the topic.

I'm not going to discuss the validity of the Koran or Hadiths in this thread, I will only focus on the signs and predictions regarding the end of days.

Signs of the Approach of Last Days

Hadith of Jibril:
...and you will see the barefoot, naked, destitute bedouin shepards competing in constructing tall buildings

The author explains that the prophecy fortold that the people of the desert would eventually be rich enough to build skyscrapers, citing that in 1400 years there were no skyscrapers until the completion of the Faisaliah Building in 2000 and Kingdom Centre(2003) in Riyadh as proof that a sign of the Last Days is appearing today.

While the author doesn't mention additional skyscrapers in the arabian peninsula, I would like to add the Burj Al Arab and Emirates Twin Towers in Dubai as other examples of competition to build higher and better by Arabs.

Now one could say that anyone could have fortold that rulers and leaders will always try to build the highest or biggest building around, however the author cites that the Prophet was specific by saying it would be the barefoot and naked bedouin (which were the tent dwelling people of the Najd region)who later on benefited from the oil boom to become the richest.

images from linksee the other skyscrapers there.

more to come..

[edit on 9-25-2007 by worldwatcher]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Religious Difficulties

Another sign of the approach of the end of days is the difficulties that will be faced by those of religious faith when it comes to practicing or showing their faith.

There will come a time for people that to hold onto one's religion would be like to holding a hot coal in one's hand.

another hadith says;

Woe to the Arabs for a great evil which is nearly upon them: it will be like patches of dark night. A man will wake up as a believer, and be an unbeliever by nightfall. People will sell their religion for a small amount of worldly goods. The one who clings to his religion on that day will be as one who is grasping an ember of thorns.

Many Muslims today will say that they face a certain type of persecution and prejudice since 9/11 for just being Muslims. Many Muslims themselves have even began to openly discuss the negatives of Islam and it can be said that is partly true that being openly religious regardless of religion is looked upon more negatively in these times than in time previously.

The change in Islamic perspective and culture are also signs of the end of days according to the author. Modern, western clothes, music, hairstyles etc are again all signs of the coming Qiyaamah.

"Whoever imitates a people is one of them"

"Do not dress up like the unbelievers"

"The Hour will not rise until tribes of my Ummah will follow the the plytheists in everything."

Again the author suggests that proof is found by looking at the Arab countries of today, who are all following contemporary society, following the best civilization has to offer and ignoring Islamic guidance and rules that forbid such activities, clothes, etc.

Time Will Contract

Truly among the Signs of the Last Days are that time will contract, knowledge will decrease, shortages and miserliness will become prevalent, afflictions will appaear and then there will be much (harj)killing

Of the many explanations, one of the possibilty is the means of travel today and instanteous communication, that makes the difference of time reduced. Cell phones, internet, cars, supersonic jets, satellite communications all help time contract and make our world smaller.

The Hour will not take place before time shrinks. One year will be like a month, one month will be like a week, a week will be like a day, and a day will be like an hour; and an hour will be like a burning flame.

Perhaps its really age that speeds up our perception of time, but to tell the truth, I have noticed that time flies alot faster than it did just 20 years ago.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Additional Signs

Scholars replaced by ignorant leaders
They themselves are misguided and they misguide others

Cites that leaders of various mosques are businessmen, doctors, lawyers and political leaders but not true scholars of Islam. The author also cites the internet and message boards, where "anyone" can claim knowledge without truly being a student of Islam.

The Koran will be opened
There will be trials in which large amounts of money will be collected, and the Quran will be opened to the point that it will be read by both the believer and unbeliever, the woman and the man, the young and old.

The Koran is now widely available in various languages, books and even the internet. Many people, Muslim and non muslim all have access and have read the Koran, and according to the author of the book, we're doing it without in depth knowledge or understanding of its contents and context.

Sex

Clothed but naked
The author cites that even in conservative Muslim countries, the influence of western clothing styles can be seen. The too tight pants, revealing tops, etc, depicts in his opinion the clothed but naked aspect that the prophet spoke of.

Open Sexual Relations
Not to be taken literally as having sex in the streets, but not saying that isn't happening either, the author feels the expressions of love in public are offensive and becoming more and more commonplace even in the arab world. Also the discussion of topics regarding sex or sexual nature would fall under this category (kind of reminds me of how Ahmadinejad dismisses homosexuality in Iran).

Greetings now only reserved to acquaintances

Verily with the Hour there will be: greetings offered only to acquaintances; an increase in trading and business to the extent that the wife will help her husband in working for money; the cutting of family relations; the bearing of false witness; the concealment of truth; and the pre-eminence of the pen

Traditionally every Muslim is to greet his fellow Muslims with "as salaam alekum" regardless of stature or position in the community. However the author cites that with Muslims no longer being identifiable (clothing, hairstyles, headscarfs, prayer caps)no one randomly greets his fellow muslim brother or sister, instead greetings are only reserved for acquaintances.

Businesses are flourishing and in everyone's strive to put food on the table, wives (traditionally don't work) are now joining the workforce and helping support the family. With wives working, the family structure of traditional Islam is also at jeopardy. "Cutting of family relations" can be explained that traditional roles of the family are no longer the same, sons no longer stay with their parents nor do daughters. As soon as adulthood is reached, the family relations are cut as each go on to pursue their own lives. "Cutting of family relations" can also be interpreted as the prominence of birth control being used in modern society including the Arab world.

"Pre-eminence of the Pen" is being interpreted as appearance of widespread knowledge. The pen a tool for writing has been substituted with a keyboard, making even easier to spread words and information. With the onset of the internet, knowledge and information is now accessible to millions of people, easy to record and download.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Six Events that will precede Judgement Day

Count six signs before the Hour: my death; then the opening of Bayt al Maqdis; then death in huge numbers, like the plague of sheep; then there will be such an excess of money, usch that man would give one hundred dinars to a (needy) person and he looks at that with disgust; then a confusion that will enter every house of the Arabs; then a truce between you and the non-Muslims (because) they will be exceedingly powerful against you, coming to you with eighty different groups (of soldiers or eighty different compelling excuses); undere each group twelve thousand (soldiers or twelve thousand explanations)

Obviously we have the death of the prophet Muhammed (sign 1)

The opening of Bayt al-Maqdis... The term Bayt al-Maqdis means "house of holiness", it is also an arabic name for the city of Jerusalem. I'm sure there is a different interpretation but I would take it to mean the opening of Jerusalem to tourists, many holy sites to Christians, Catholics and Jews are now tourist attractions, open to one and all. (sign 2)

Death in huge numbers, like the plague of sheep.... In recent years we've seen the resurgence of "hoof and mouth", bird flu and mad cow disease in animals. People have been facing diseases like SARS, Ebola, Aids, and other epidemics that all have the potential to become pandemic and not just yearly epidemics of small regional areas. (sign 3)

Excess of money, that even beggars wouldn't be satisfied with small change..... Capitalism and Globalization of the worlds' economies have proven to be very fruitful for many. There is large amounts of monies changing hands on a daily basis, businesses and industries are growing on a worldwide scale. But with the increase of wealth also comes the increase of inflation and beggars will consider 100 dinars nothing because it wouldn't be able to buy anything anymore (sign 4)

Confusion that will enter the house of every Arab....The author cites new ideology and sects in Islam that create confusion and stray from the original teachings of the prophet, however I see the confusion more apparent following 9/11 and how they are percieved in the modern world. Muslims now question many traditional practices from wearing headscarves to schools, to whether or not they should follow Sharia law. (sign 5)

A truce between you and non-Muslims (eighty different groups)etc.... The author cites a struggle between civilizations which culminates with a truce between Muslims and non Muslims is evident and yet to come. The Gulf War, the War in Iraq and War on Terrorism with their "coalition of nations" could be interpreted as such, with the "truce" yet to come, or it could be that the "truce" is already here in the form of the new Iraq, and business dealings between Arab nations and the western world. (sign 6)

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Additional signs of the End of Days

Islam began as something strange, and it will revert to being strange as it was in the beginning, so good tidings to the strangers

Islam began as a small religion, a few "righteous" people surrounded by evil, currently it is a major world religion, but this prophecy suggests that Islam will once again revert to being the religion for only a few "righteous". The author mentions additional hadiths in which the Prophet basically says that Islam will have to retreat back to the deserts of Najd and Medina.
*While I cannot currently see this as being the situation, the current western mood of being anti-islam can certainly be the start of this retreat, depending on how willing Muslims are willing to abandon their traditions and sharia laws in favor of co-existing with society.

The truthful One will be rejected
Before the Hour comes, there will be years of deciet, in which the trustworthy one will be said to be a traitor, and the traitor will be trusted and the insignificant will have a say.

This can be seen today in Islam as different sects and leaders all try to influence and lead their people to serve their own agendas. Perhaps one could even use Bin Laden in this example, he is seen as trustworthy to some, while others can see him as a traitor.

Innovation
How will it be when innovation is prevalent and the child will be raised in it and the elder will have already become white haired in it, and your affairs or your leadership will be given to the non-Arabs, until when a man follows the Sunnah, it will be said of him "Innovation". They said (addressing Ibn Masud) "Ya Aba Abdur Rahman, when will that happen?
He said, "when your leaders increase and your trustworthy ones will decrease and the number of your Quran reciters increases and the number of your fuqaha decreases and they will study other than the religion. People will seek the work of dunya(world), and leave the work of akhira(afterlife).

According to the author, this hadith refers to a time when the young will be raised in innovation and the old will have already learned it. Today we see countless forms of innovations, ideologies that people are turning to and straying from the "old ways". Proof can be found in Iraq when it comes to "non-muslims" lead the affairs of Muslims. We have more political leaders and less spiritual leaders. Islam has millions of followers and all read and recite the Koran, yet not all truly understands or follows the word of the Prophet. People will be concerned with their worldly affairs and what they have in this life and no one will think of the afterlife and how their actions may affect the outcome.

As you can see from the previous entries and the compilation so far, many Muslims look and see themselves as living in the End of Days as Muhammed prophecized. There are still additional facets of the entire End of Days prophecy that have yet to be fulfilled, but many see it as only a matter of time before it is. There are additional signs including the destruction of Medina, Rebuilding of the temple in Jerusalem and the return of the Mahdi that I have yet to talk about. I hope readers are finding this thread informative, especially when taken in context will all "End of Days" prophecies from the major religions.

[edit on 9-26-2007 by worldwatcher]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Worldwatcher,
Thanks for posts on Islamic Prophecy...let's assume the 12th Mahdi does appear. Does he have any supernatural powers? What then for the followers of Islam? In what time frame does it happen?

Thanks in advance
BP

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
The Mahdi

If this world has just one day remaining Allah will extend that day until a man comes. He is from me, (or from my family). His name is like my name (Muhammad), his father's name is like my father's name (Adb Allah). He fills the earth with equality and justice, as it has been filled with injustice and oppression.

Well according to various interpretations it would seem that the Mahdi's supernatural powers will be control over the elements. For example this passage...

In the Last Days of my Ummah, the Mahdi will appear. Allah will give him power over the wind and rain and the earth will bring forth its foliage. He will give away wealth profusely, flocks will be in abundance and the Ummah will be large and honored. He will live for seven or eight years..

The Mahdi will bring peace and prosperity to the Muslims before the end of the Last Days. The deserts will be lush and green, of course this suggests major climate change occuring around the time of the Mahdi's stay on earth. It is also mentioned that Jesus will be the one to lead the Mahdi's funeral prayer.

I'll have more on Jesus and the Mahdi later.

[edit on 10-3-2007 by worldwatcher]

[edit on 10-5-2007 by worldwatcher]

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

Almost forgot about the end of days timeline for you...
First comes the Dajjal (anti christ), then the Mahdi and Jesus are both supposed to be on the earth.

Dajjal; False Messiah, Anti Christ

From various sources and not just one, this is what I have gathered on the Anti Christ or the Dajjal.

He will come in the End of Days, he will spread corruption, terrorize believers and those of faith to abandon their religions and faith.

He will appear between Sham or Syria and Iraq or from Khorasan, Iran.

He would be a young man with twisted, contracted hair and a blind eye.

His eye is green like glass.

On his forehead will be written the letters Ka, fa, ra, which will only be seen to the true believers of Allah and whom Allah wants to save from tribulation.

He would stay on earth "For forty days, one day like a year and one day like a week and the rest of the days would be like your days"

He would invite people to a "wrong" religion and when they give him their faith, he would command the sky and give them rainfall. Their crops and animals would flourish. To those who refuse him, he would bring them droughts and other hardships.

He will kill someone and then resurrect them. He will heal the sick, and perform small miracles.

He will go all over the earth except for Mecca and Medina.

Whatever the Dajjal shows will be the opposite of the truth.

[edit on 10-4-2007 by worldwatcher]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

I have not heard any of that..even took world religions in college but we skimming over Islam. Seemed like we spent a lot of time on Buddhism. I have been a Christian most of my life and read a lot about end times from that point of view. In fact I even have a book I am writing. It isn't far from Left Behind but the slanted toward sci fiction side somewhat. Oh well.
It certainly is interesting about the location/hair/eye of antichrist as told in your post.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

The thing is that muslims know that the Prophet Muhammed was an unlettered individual. this means that he could not read or write for that matter. He could not have borrowed it in the sense that you're talking about.

Another thing to remember is that the Prophet Muhammed lived in a place that worshipped many "gods" or idols. this in a way tells one that he was not from any sort of christian or jewish background. Therefore he could not have know about anything other than what the belief system in Arabia was at that time.

It was he who went up to mount Hera and got revelation and the first words that were uttered by the angel Jibra'eel (Gabriel) was that ht eprophet should read and he replied by telling the angel that he could not read. He was asked to read three times and he uttered that he could not and then the first ayat of the quran was recited to him.
"Read in the name of your Lord who has created man from a clot of blood."
The above ayat was proven to be true only recently in medical science therefore proving the first ever ayat to be true.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Correct.

He will also be able to go to people who have dead relatives and will tell them, "If I resurrect your relative, will you believe I am your God?" They will say "yes," and then he will command jinns (devils,spirits) to take the form of their dead relative to trick them into thinking that he made them come back to life. He will have power to control jinns, just as King Solomon did.

The Dajjal will also play captivating music, ride on a mule, and have the power to make crops grow and rain fall when the Earth is going through a major drought.

In the first year, God commands that 1/3 of all the plants and rainfall cease to exist, in the 2nd year, 2/3, and in the third year all rainfall and crops. Whether this be through blocking the sunlight, or something covering the atmosphere, it hasn't been detailed (maybe volcanic ash, smoke, or a meteorite striking the Earth).

The Dajjal will have access to every city except Medina, where there will be 2 angels guarding the entrances from each mountainside. When he reaches his prime power, there will be one of the righteous (it isn't detailed if he's Christian, Muslim, or Jew). who will come to him infront of all the Dajjal's followers and say that he is not a God, and not Jesus. The Dajjal will tell his people that if he were to cut this man in half and then bring him back to life, would they believe that he is both. They will say yes, and he will cut the man in half and then bring him back to life. The man will then say, "Now I am certain that you are the Anti-Christ (Dajjal)." Dajjal will then try to cut the man in half, in anger, once again, but this time, the man will not be cut, because God will protect him. When the Dajjal realizes this, he will run, because this marks the coming of Jesus.

Jesus will then return to Earth and battle the Dajjal and his followers, while the Mahdi battles the yajooji majooj (Gog and Magog) race.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

No, according to the quran and hadith, Imam Mahdi and Jesus are not the same person. Jesus will return to fight the anti-christ and Imam Mahdi will already be leading the believers at this time.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

yeah I know, as I said above "First comes the Dajjal (anti christ), then the Mahdi and Jesus are both supposed to be on the earth."

there are supposed to be here at the same time.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
asalam o alaikum. imam mehdi will come before the dajjal appears... it is after the conquest against the Romans (Christians) that Dajjal will appear from Syria and lead the Jews... Imam Mehdi will prepare for a fight and during Fajr prayers, Jesus will descend down from Heaven on Burraq.... Jesus will tell Imam Mehdi to lead the prayers.. Dajjal meanwhile will spread fitna throughout the world until makkah and madinah are left.he will then try to attack these cities but God will prohibit hit by using Angels.Imam Mehdi and Jesus will then plan to attack Dajjal.When the fight starts Jesus will kill the Dajjal with his spear.... i hav been researching on this topic for over 6 years and this is the most beneficial site to those who want to know more about this topic : www.inter-islam.org... ... Thank u

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

waa alaikum salaam and thank you for that link. There are so many different hadiths that refer to Qiyaamah, it's nice to see the various compilations.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
BUMPING ..... since Syria is so hot right now and this prophecy talks about it.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   

worldwatcher

yeah I know, as I said above "First comes the Dajjal (anti christ), then the Mahdi and Jesus are both supposed to be on the earth."

there are supposed to be here at the same time.

That is incorrect. Imam Mahdi will come FIRST, then Dajjal (the Anti-Christ) and then Jesus. Imam Mahdi will rule for maybe 7 or 9 years, before Dajjal appears to the modern masses, for the first time.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Cerridwen

kindly link your source for the claim you just made

thank you

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

St Udio
reply to post by Cerridwen

kindly link your source for the claim you just made

thank you

The Prophet (PBUH&HF) said: "The Mahdi will appear in my Ummah. He will appear for a minimum of 7 or a maximum of 9 years; at that time, my Ummah will experience a bountiful favor like never before. It shall have a great abundance of food, of which it need not save anything, and the wealth at that time is in great quantities, such that if a man asks the Mahdi to give him some, and the Mahdi (AS) will say: Here! Take!"

And here's YOUR LINK - Sunni reference: Sunan Ibn Majah, v2, Tradition #5083

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join