It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic Prophecy- Final Signs of Qiyaamah

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Well we know already that most major religions all have visions of the end of the world, armeggedon, kali yuga, but what about Islam? This is very interesting and makes an excellent discussion when comparing to the christian version of Armeggedon.

crystalinks.com...
The ground will cave in:
one in the east,
one in the west,
and one in Hejaz, Saudi Arabia.

Fog or smoke will cover the skies for forty days.
The nonbelievers will fall unconscious,
while Muslims will be ill (develop colds).
........more at the link

www.islaam.org...

www.bariidun.net...

edited to shorten the quote, this thread was written before the big quote rule went into affect.

[edit on 9-21-2007 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
no one's interested? I find that hard to believe

well I find it interesting that Syria plays a large part in the Islamic doomsday prophecy, especially with the current politics being played out in the middle east.

from the other links:
www.islaam.org...

SYRIA CONQUERED BY CHRISTIANS
The two Christian armies reunite, conquering Syria.
CONFRONTATION IN SYRIA
Imam Mahdi and the Muslim army go to Syria to confront the Christians. The Christians, before the battle, will ask Muslims for the return of their prisoners-of-war. The Muslims will refuse. The battle will begin. One-third of Imam Mahdi’s army will flee (their repentance will not be accepted), one-third will be martyred, and one-third will gain victory over the Christians.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   

A breeze from the south causes sores in the armpits of Muslims,
which they will die of as a result.

Bubonic plague?
Its intresting but im somewhat confused, it speaks of a beast rising, but i dont find a islamic version of 2nd coming, or Allah coming?

Edit to capitalise" Allah"

[edit on 043131p://20014 by instar]

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
It might be interesting to mention that only a few of these doomsday signs are actually in Qur'an. Most stories are from various hadiths and some start with "this or that person heard Muhammad say", to give it credibility. There isn't one single "revelation" of the end times and not all muslim sects believe in same signs.
For example, Imam Mahdi's appearance is mainly Shia belief and there is no mention of him in Qur'an.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Interesting...I'm sure the Beast has it's roots in Judeo-Christian prophesy.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by instar

Bubonic plague?
Its intresting but im somewhat confused, it speaks of a beast rising, but i dont find a islamic version of 2nd coming, or Allah coming?

Oh, muslims do believe in second coming, but not of Allah. They believe that Jesus is coming back, just like the christians do too.
Muslims believe in ALL prophets starting with Adam as the first one. They also believe that God created Jesus, then raised him to heaven where he is waiting now for Judgement day and the final battle against evil.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
WW, thanks for sharing these with us. Not all the prophecies can be wrong and most have the doomsday coming. Sad.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The "Final days" is very interesting from the Islamic point of view, this was an interesting read

I think i will go and read up on my Qur'an

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I found this site which might be worth a read too

www.islam.tc...

i have just finished reading the site and its very interesting and detailed

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:58 AM
link   
It's very interesting. Very interesting that there is obvious connections between all the worlds doomsday prophecies.

World Watcher can you expand on this?
"..The nonbelievers will fall unconscious"

That is, if you read more on it then we just did hehe

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Working in the oil & gas industry, many of my co-workers / freinds have worked for various companies in the middle east & africa. They have mentioned that the Islamic religion believes that Allah will be re-born again.
Some how though they think a man will give birth to ALLAH though. Some men even check their stool for babies just in case.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip

Originally posted by instar

Bubonic plague?

Oh, muslims do believe in second coming, but not of Allah. They believe that Jesus is coming back, just like the christians do too.
Muslims believe in ALL prophets starting with Adam as the first one. They also believe that God created Jesus, then raised him to heaven where he is waiting now for Judgement day and the final battle against evil.

"Jesus — The Koran denies point blank that Jesus was the Son of God (Sura 112:2-3). It also denies His atoning sacrifice by claiming that he never died (Sura 4:157). A substitute died for Him on the Cross. Jesus was translated to Heaven, like Enoch, where He will remain until He returns to kill all pigs, destroy all crosses, and convert the world to Islam. Jesus will marry, reign for 40 years and then die and be buried next to Muhammad in Medina.8 Jesus is characterized in the Koran as nothing more than “an apostle of Allah” (Sura 4:171). "

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by BattleofBatoche
Working in the oil & gas industry, many of my co-workers / freinds have worked for various companies in the middle east & africa. They have mentioned that the Islamic religion believes that Allah will be re-born again.
Some how though they think a man will give birth to ALLAH though. Some men even check their stool for babies just in case.

Uhmmm I wonder where exactly did they hear this. Saying that Allah will be re-born is about the worst blasphemy you can say about God (and will probably get you in a LOT of trouble)
God was never born in the first place, so he can't be reborn. God simply is, he is eternal, no begining, no end and certainly no re-birth.
While christians believe that Jesus IS God (is not really, but somehow it is as a part of trinity), muslims have a very clear distinction between men and God.
God simply cannot be "born", this goes against the very foundation of islamic belief and it is the fist time that I've actually heard of such story.

I wonder where these people heard it....

"Jesus — The Koran denies point blank that Jesus was the Son of God (Sura 112:2-3).It also denies His atoning sacrifice by claiming that he never died (Sura 4:157). A substitute died for Him on the Cross. Jesus was translated to Heaven, like Enoch, where He will remain until He returns to kill all pigs, destroy all crosses, and convert the world to Islam. Jesus will marry, reign for 40 years and then die and be buried next to Muhammad in Medina.8 Jesus is characterized in the Koran as nothing more than “an apostle of Allah” (Sura 4:171). "

Qur'an denies the term "Son of God", because that would mean that God lowered himself to level of humans, which according to Islam is not possible.

Muslims DO believe in miracle birth of Jesus, virgin Mary and all that. Only they refer to Jesus as God's creation. God is the creator, he creates, so what he creates is his creation. Quite simple. And of course, they call him a prophet of God too, as are all those called who were chosen to spread the message of God.

So, Jesus walked the earth, did miracles, some plotted to kill him, but as it says in Quran, "god plotted better", he raised Jesus to heaven kinda secretly, and everyone believed he was actually killed.
Jesus will return near the End of Days as I said, do some fighting and establish monotheism as only religion on Earth. That with marriage and children is simply a legend, a prophecy, and it is not in Qur'an.

As I have stated, muslims do not see different religions and different gods, when it comes to other prophets before Mohammad. It is all one, it is all a continuation of one Revelation, of belief in one single God. It is the same God who created humans, did some smiting of Sodom and Gomorah, saved Noah, talked with Moses, led Jews to promise land, created Jesus and sent Qur'an to Muhammad. It is all one.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by BattleofBatoche

Ok, well this is just ridiculous. Its already been made clear that the return for them is the return of jesus. I seriously doubt that they check their poo for their god.

drhoracid
Just not true.....

What wasn't true? THe muslims think that jesus is not a god/not god/whatever, that he was a prophet. Apparently they also think that he will return in the armageddon. What wasn't true?

Heck, I'm surprised you or no one else picked up on this part

The beast will be able to talk to people
and mark the faces of people,
making the believers' faces glitter,
and the nonbelievers' faces darkened.

This could be interpreted as that the muslim beleivers receive the mark of the beast. Also, it could be taken that, as muslims 'beleive' in a differnt sort of jesus, a man who was a favoured prophet of god, that they are involved with the anti-christ, and that their god, allah, is the false god that the false prophet mohammed gets people to worship.

Anyway, there is something of a problem here, or at least a confusion. THe beast and the anti-christ can't be the same thing in this taking. And of course, one could say that the mark of the beast is actually on the face of the non-beleivers, since their faces are darkened.

[edit on 20-1-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I find it interesting that there is a similarity between the Qur'an and the Bible regarding the beast making a mark on people

www.biblegateway.com...

I am still learning here, but wonder if these writings occurred in seperate places during similar times or would it be possible for one to have 'borrowed' from the other, given the similarities with the beast from the earth and marking of humans.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by quiet watcher
I am still learning here, but wonder if these writings occurred in seperate places during similar times or would it be possible for one to have 'borrowed' from the other

The muslim tradition is probably directly lifted from the christian tradition, which may be part of a wider tradition itself, in terms of the events in teh apocalypse. One must remember that the middle east was widely christianized and that the creation of islam occured in a christian context.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I don't think it is surpising that Islamic prophecies are similar to Christian one, considering Islam is dervived, if not directly lifted from Christianity. I do find the the Syria angle very interesting though.

[edit on 20-1-2005 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I found this guys site to be an interesting read. According to him, the crap hits the fan this October when there is a solar and lunar eclipse that both occur in the month of Ramadan, which happens to coinside with October this year.

ww-iii.tripod.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Muhammad wasn't born until 570 AD. It's very possible that Muhammad had read Revelation, which was written by the Apostle John almost 500 years earlier, before this portion of the Koran was written. I also find it interesting how Islam borrows heavily on Hebrew history when they dislike the Jews so much. The Hebrew scriptures which make up the first 5 books of what we call the Old Testament were written around 1250 BC.

Given this trend it's very likely that Muhammad simply rewrote what he remembered from reading portions of the Hebrew scriptures and the New Testament. If we saw this pattern any were else we could simply call it plagiarism, but it appears to be okay in this instance.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
dbates, thats exactly what I am trying to say here. Islam is not a new religion, it never ever claimed to be, on the contrary, it is very clearly stated that Qur'an is a confirmation of previous scriptures and confirmation of the existance of all the other prophets. It is a confirmation that all those events took place, it HAS to be similar to hebrew scriptures, it is only logical that it is similar if it confirms them.
Not a single Muslim believes that Islam is a NEW religion.

It is all one. There is no "borrowing", there is only confirmation that all these events are connected into one continuous revelation of ONE GOD.

As for plagiarism, the idea of "son of god" existed way before Jesus, miracle birth too, resurection after 3 days story was already existant, baptism practice too, tons of pagan practices were added to christianity, Jesus story and Mithraism are quite similar, you could say Christianity is only a copy of already existent religions.
It became so huge because Rome took it as official religion of roman empire and forced everyone to convert, creating a strategy which church used for centuries: Jesus or death.

The muslim version of prophecy regarding the end days actually does not exist in Qur'an. This prophecy is not considered to be a word of God at all.
The story is scatered in various chapters of Haddiths, a simple stories written by man. And indeed, THIS part of tradition could actually be an attempt of early Muslims to create a Revelation-like story so they too have a cool doomsday prophecy, and not just Christians.
The only thing that IS in Qur'an regarding the endtimes and Jesus is a statement that Jesus will return to Earth. Thats all. No details.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join