It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Wrong the “Wise” Pundits were About Trump.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Beyond Schadenfreude, the Spectacular Pundit Failure on Trump Is Worth Remembering

Gaze the wisdom of these well known mainstream writers, who were so sure Trump would lose one of then actually swore he would literally eat the paper he was writing on if Trump won.

I hope he added some ketchup!

What this illustrates to me is the mainstream reporters have a naive confidence in the mainstream itself.

These are the same types who just won’t believe JFK was murdered by a government hit job.

These types are so wound up in the establishment they couldn’t realize the fact that Trump had a solid block of voters who would nix their vaunted establishment because they are tired of official bs.

Listen to these pundits predictions. Hear their arrogant certainty

“Trump will lose or I will eat this Column”

Dana Milbank

“The Trump Campaigns Turning Point”

Nate Cohn

Donald Trump is surging in the polls. Here's why he won't win.

Andrew Prokop

Trump will still lose. Here’s how.

Jonathan Bernstein

Trump won't win. But yes he matters

Ben White

Trumped up Donald. Why the Republican Party shouldn’t worry about the Donald

Jamelle Boule

Krauthammer’s Take: Brokered Convention Won’t happen. Because Trump Won’t Win”

Charles Krauthammer

No, Donald Trump Won’t Win

David Brooks

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

When are pundits right? They're just talking heads giving opinions.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

We are pundits also, aren't we?

We pontificate on each and every political issue, and are our odds any better?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

When are pundits right? They're just talking heads giving opinions.

They're always right, because they are superior and know more than everyone else. At least in their own minds. Kinda like some ATS members around here.

It will be interesting to see if any of those that said "if Trump wins I'm leaving the country" will keep their promise.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
What's funny is they have not learned their lesson.

They are still saying he can't win and he doesn't know what he is talking about. I reckon people are smart enough to know the existing establishment are the ones who don't know what they are doing. After all, who ran up the debt and signed terrible trade agreements? Apparently it's their judgments that are expert now, even though they have failed miserably.

I hope to see more of these failed politicians and political hacks get embarrassed.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Unfortunately we rarely get the deeper point of an OP

And just indulge in superficial banter

The interesting thing about the Trump phenomenon among other things is the fact of the trauma of the mainstream

That’s the gist of this OP.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

7 long months to go till the election. Look in Trumps eyes and tell me he has the stamina for that kind of race.
Trained for a sprint, peaked to early and is about to throw in the towel. sorry about mixing sports metaphors.

Trump bit off a little more than he could chew this time.

Remember when the conservatives were all hot to trot over Sarah Palin....how'ed that work out for ya....same thing here.....

If Donald wins the election, I'll eat my shoes, shave my head and walk backwards. I have never not called a presidential election correctly. I'm not a pundit; just a semi pro gambler that plays the odds.

readem and weep....

www.oddschecker.com...
edit on 9-5-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-5-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

link   
With that first quote I imagined him eating a Greek column. You know. As in the support structure. Always makes me laugh seeing anti-Trump people saying he won't win.

link   
DP
edit on 9-5-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Anyone with half a brain saw this coming months ago.

When it comes to the Republican party. The crazier you sound the more votes you will get.

And if this guy goes up against Hillary. He will be president. He has a very real chance of winning.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
The bigger issue is not that he can't win.... More now he may be able to... Is that tptb won't allow him to succeed one way or another.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The Republican Party did this to themselves. The punditry inside the beltway really weren't in touch with the regular folks. The guys outside on the ground had a much better idea of what was coming, and they were split between Trump and Cruz, two guys none of the establishment hacks gave the time of day to.

Now after all the song and dance about the party loyalty pledge and two past election cycles where all of us outside the beltway, the little people of the great unwashed, were told to "hold our noses and vote," they are packing up their ball and trying to go home with it.

Remember Jeb! raising his hand on that stage and promising to support the eventual nominee? Yep, and now he runs off with daddy, granmps and Romney. I think the Bush family may be the worst thing to happen to the party.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Understand this folks

One thing Trump may do if he looses and makes a dam fool of himself and fails is this:

This may be the last anti establishment candidate

People will be so weary of politics

We had a “savior” in Obama that failed from the democrats and now a savior from the GOP.

When this fails the people will be beaten down and weary

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Hmmm, you mean they might think about policy and get serious again?

That would require they be educated and able to do so.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Pundits don't matter, at all. Their opinions are filtered, they're lazy, and they're beholden to conflicts of interest.

There's not much to be gleaned from pundits and any earnest information that can be gleaned is only in consideration of type and amount of influence.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

and they were split between Trump and Cruz, two guys none of the establishment hacks gave the time of day to.

Just curious, who did the establishment hacks give the time of day to (Republican)? Does the "establishment" even favor a side? You can formulate a lot about which candidates they are pushing by the amount of exposure they receive. Trump has been reveling in his, regardless of what end of the spectrum it falls upon.

Part of me wants to vote for him due to the "establishment's" obvious distaste and lack of endorsement, but his face getting plastered everywhere, on every channel, regardless of the type of publicity, begs me to question the conditioning of not being able to get him out of my mind. Is it me?

I can't be the only one thinking that way, c'mon! Maybe the lack of exposure Ron Paul received would be too obvious the second time around, so they went with as much negative exposure on Trump as possible. I'm still undecided. As Mr. Ryan would say, "I just want to get to know the guy."

edit on 9-5-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

And that would be why I favored Cruz.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

And that would be why I favored Cruz.

Just kidding, I don't really care, lol.

He may as well been sloppy seconds after Shillary.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The funny part is the same people who have been wrong for the last 10 months are still singing the same tune. Trump just proves how much their political science degrees are really worth.

edit on 9-5-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Ah, but how many of the 16 were as ignored as he was? I liked him, Walker, and Paul honestly, but Rand never was able to grab me with anything he said during the election. I think he'll have other chances to run, but so will the other two quite possibly.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join