It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human anatomy, ribs, have change in this reality, mandela effect

page: 35
<< 32  33  34   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ruiner1978

originally posted by: TerryDon79

originally posted by: DutchMasterChief
a reply to: hellobruce

It is just a theory you are trying to push. No proof that this is what causes the same memories among some people.

You mean apart from all the scientific studies that proves confabulation exists?

Where's all the scientific studies into ME being caused by an alternate timeline?

Sorry but Confabulation isn't a satisfactory explaination for me.
See page 2 of Mandela Effect Theory thread if you're interested in a logical reason why it should be dismissed.

Btw confabulation has been thrown around a lot lately.
I guess a few people learnt a new word this week...

Just tell me the explanation in here. If anything, it should add to the thread.

ETA: I just checked the thread you referred to. So you dismiss confabulation for no reason? There wasn't any logical reason, just you saying you dismiss it.

Then frankly, you need to learn to read....

You said you don't accept confabulation for the same reasons you don't accept mass hallucinations.

So, what's your reasons for not accepting the scientifically studied answer, but accept one that has zero proof?

No see, you need to learn to read...
That is not what I wrote at all.
I didn't say I don't accept confabulation.
I said I dismiss your explanation of confabulation.
As I'm taking about independent experiences of multiple people of the same thing, "group confabulation" is a cop out of an explanation in the same way "group hallucination" explanations are for strange sightings.
And now I'm having to write it out again because you can't read properly...

Do. You. Understand. Now?
What is the reason you object to it? So far a I see is "I reject it because it means I could be wrong".

And please tell me... Just what is this answer you have the sheer arrogance to claim I have accepted??
Arrogance? No. You claim that memory problems is it so it only leaves a couple of options that have no proof.

If you took the time to learn to read and actually read what I write properly you would know that I haven't subscribed to any explanation.
Yet you dismiss the scientifically studied answer for no reason.

You display ignorance to the highest degree...
As opposed to ignoring evidence of what it could be?

All a can suggest to you is try to read what I have already written and what I write in future a little bit slower and a bit more carefully. I'll not be responding to you until I can see you're able to read properly and respond to me reasonably.

So you've avoided answering my questions as to why you dismiss confabulation, twice. You also gave no reason in the other thread.

I guess is you want the supernatural answer, you have to dismiss the natural answer.

I've just realised that you've probably only read my last post in the other tread.
I did say earlier it's over a few posts on page 2.
I read from page 1 to page 3 to be sure I didn't miss anything.

The person I'm replying to in the other thread seems to have no problem with my debate. Very reasonable. Maybe because he has the whole context of it and not making assumptions about anything like you are.
So? You don't accept a valid option for no reason.

No wonder you're coming across as a 9 year old lol
Oh, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You so funny!

I suggested you properly read all of page 2 and get a proper understanding, carry on the convo there if you have anything reasonable to add.
Or, you know, you could offer your reasons in this, a completely different thread?

You keep saying I've dismissed without giving reason. The reasons I can dismiss it in the case I'm talking about in the other thread are there. I gave the reasons.
It's not that hard to grasp..
So why are you so afraid of posting the reason here? I'm sure you could have spent less time typing the reason than you have avoiding it.

Are you deliberately confusing the facts as not to lose face? Seems being "right" is more important than any reasonable discussion to some.
The facts that you can't post the reason you dismiss confabulation?

I tell you what. I concede.
It's all group confabulation. You win bud
lol
Instead of posting a reason you just give up? Kind of makes your point moot, don't you think?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: hidingthistime

It is just a theory you are trying to push. No proof that this is what causes the same memories among some people.

You mean apart from all the scientific studies that proves confabulation exists?

Where's all the scientific studies into ME being caused by an alternate timeline?

See page 2 of Mandela Effect Theory thread if you're interested in a logical reason why it should be dismissed.

ETA: I just checked the thread you referred to. So you dismiss confabulation for no reason? There wasn't any logical reason, just you saying you dismiss it.

You said you don't accept confabulation for the same reasons you don't accept mass hallucinations.

So, what's your reasons for not accepting the scientifically studied answer, but accept one that has zero proof?

As I'm taking about independent experiences of multiple people of the same thing, "group confabulation" is a cop out of an explanation in the same way "group hallucination" explanations are for strange sightings.

What is the reason you object to it? So far a I see is "I reject it because it means I could be wrong".

And please tell me... Just what is this answer you have the sheer arrogance to claim I have accepted??
Arrogance? No. You claim that memory problems is it so it only leaves a couple of options that have no proof.

If you took the time to learn to read and actually read what I write properly you would know that I haven't subscribed to any explanation.

All a can suggest to you is try to read what I have already written and what I write in future a little bit slower and a bit more carefully. I'll not be responding to you until I can see you're able to read properly and respond to me reasonably.

So you've avoided answering my questions as to why you dismiss confabulation, twice. You also gave no reason in the other thread.

I guess is you want the supernatural answer, you have to dismiss the natural answer.

I've just realised that you've probably only read my last post in the other tread.

The person I'm replying to in the other thread seems to have no problem with my debate. Very reasonable. Maybe because he has the whole context of it and not making assumptions about anything like you are.

I suggested you properly read all of page 2 and get a proper understanding, carry on the convo there if you have anything reasonable to add.
Or, you know, you could offer your reasons in this, a completely different thread?

You keep saying I've dismissed without giving reason. The reasons I can dismiss it in the case I'm talking about in the other thread are there. I gave the reasons.

Are you deliberately confusing the facts as not to lose face? Seems being "right" is more important than any reasonable discussion to some.

I tell you what. I concede.
It's all group confabulation. You win bud
lol
hahhahah..... man i have felt like saying that a few times, but wasnt sure if he would undsrstand I was joking....lol

I've noticed he needs things explained to him more than once in other threads. Should have known better not to get into it with him really...

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

So why are you so afraid of posting the reason here? I'm sure you could have spent less time typing the reason than you have avoiding it.

You absolutely right it was foolish of me not to just copy and paste from the other thread into this one in the first place.
It would have saved a lot of heartache and maybe young children's lives.
I take full responsibility.

(post by In4ormant removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Closed for staff review.
Thread Closed.

You are responsible for your own posts.

*** ALL MEMBERS *** Ending Rudeness, Hate, Bigotry: Getting Back to Basics

Go After the Ball, Not the Player!
edit on Thu May 19 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
To be clear, I've hung around this thread because the Mandela Effect interests me. The source of aberrant memories (whether remembered correctly or not) is sociologically fascinating.

It interests me both as a science and as science-fiction. I am always looking for good science-fiction ideas to work into the stories I write.

But to be honest, there's not much of a dialog happening in this thread. That's unfortunate.

I wish you all well.

top topics

<< 32  33  34   >>

join