It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human anatomy, ribs, have change in this reality, mandela effect

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Hmm....

Unreliable memory by Ken Eisold Ph.D

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
Hmm....

Unreliable memory by Ken Eisold Ph.D

Omg....lol, you are like a toddler, constantly interupting someone telling a ghost story saying over and over and over and over and ovvvvvvvvvver, "ghosts arent real!", when you have no clue what the guy telling the stoey is saying.just keep interupting...meee mee me me me me meeeeeeeeeeeee...wow! Lol

Keep on bumpin I guess.... Haahahahahha

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: hidingthistime

Well, no, because this isn't a ghost story. It's about faulty memory.

An interview with false-memory expert Elizabeth Loftus

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Go make a false memory thread there buds, this isnt a false memory thread.

edit on 13-5-2016 by hidingthistime because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: hidingthistime

I don't need to as the ME is DIRECTLY related to faulty memories.

Oh look, another article called "How Many of Your Memories Are Fake?".

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I think you are scared, afraid to even watch the videos.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I think you are scared, afraid to even watch the videos.

You think this is something new? There have been videos about it for YEARS.

Look at all these false memory studies

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Thou doth protesteth tooooo much!

Arthur Schopenhauer Quotes
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
This one is cute.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

"Every journey into the past is complicated by delusions, false memories, false namings of real events." -Adrienne Rich

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

This one is better. It's a TedTalks with Elizabeth Loftus

Link

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Google "spinal column"......

Super creepy! It goes right into thier brain, in the middle and is all thick and curvy....instead of attaching to the back of the skull.

I'm confused. Could y show where exactly the spinal column goes right into the brain? It certainly doesn't show such a thing in your picture. The vertebrae in your neck are the cervical vertebrae and there are 7 of these vertebrae, C1-C7. C1 is called the Atlas and it is what supports your cranium.

This picture illustrates where the Atlas is-

Again, the only bone above this is the Cranium,directly above, resting on and supported by the Atlas. The spinal column terminates at the base of the skull. It does not continue into the skull let alone into the brain. The spinal CORD continues beyond the atlas, through the foremen magnum and transitions at the brain stem into the medulla.

I'm sure you'll ignore me here and place me in a neat little box with those you consider trolls but I would be remiss of me not to say something. The site motto for ATS is 'deny ignorance'. But in this thread you have come rely dismissed and ignored the possibility that this could be anything other than the ME. Your absolute refusal to even consider this is a possibility is an example of embracing ignorance, ignoring Occam's razor and the entire thread is premised solely on confirmation bias. You openly embrace anyone who makes a claim of sharing a similar experience because it confirms your own predisposed hopefulness that this is indeed real and this now precludes looking at any other potential scenario for what you are feeling. People aren't trolls for embracing objectivity and science.

Is it not at all possible that you are having an issue with how you are remembering the past? Especially when I've just shown that you are mistaken in how you are remembering the anatomy of the spine? To refuse to acknowledge that it is a possibility, no matter how remote you believe it to be, says that you're more interested in presenting a narrative than you are in understanding the truth. Call me a troll if you like, but your prior refusal to accept that it is possible and your open hostility towards anyone who even suggested this is a tad troublesome.
edit on 13-5-2016 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

a reply to: PsychoEmperor

So you remember the ribs correctly, did you look at the rest? Like the heart, the brain, the huge liver too high up etc?

Honestly just looking it up than and seeing the rib cage have a bone in the middle that closes it is pretty mind boggling.

I admit I could be wrong, I suppose, but I have such clear memories of medical class and I remember it being a well known army tactic to use your knife on an open heart BECAUSE the rib cage had an opening where the heart was... So weird.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Seriously? That's all this thread is about.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=20722539]PsychoEmper
Excuse my frustration, but the pictures that look normal to you, look insaine to me.......

With austrailia for example, people showing me over and over again where austrailia is NoW is rediculouse! I KNOW WHERE IT IS NOW......i am talking about where it USED TO BE......

Same with this situation.... I KNOW what it looks like NOW, if you didnt seebit before, you can in no way comprehend how alien it looks! Yes, your picture too!

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Thou doth protesteth tooooo much!

Arthur Schopenhauer Quotes
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Not all truth is ridiculed. Nor is all truth violently opposed. Nor is all truth eventually accepted as being self-evident, especially when what one is calling "truth" is non-falsifiable, unscientific, and untestable.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

Yes, yes, thanks for pounding your point in 50000 times. But you will never get it until it happens to you, and if it does, will you ever have to swallow your pride! Lol

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Yes, yes, thanks for pounding your point in 50000 times. But you will never get it until it happens to you, and if it does, will you ever have to swallow your pride! Lol

I had to explain my point several times initially because, to use your own phrasing, we were "speaking two different languages," ergo to aid your understanding.

This last post was me addressing your quote, piece by piece. Perhaps you could provide some context if you feel the quote is worth defending.

As far as me "getting it," that's irrelevant, as "getting it" requires blind faith, as I've already explained.

I've given you several opportunities to explain how "getting it" does not require blind faith, and you have failed to do so. You are welcome to do so at any time.
edit on 14-5-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Are you omniscient? Are you completely infallible? Can you recall every telephone number you have dialed? If not, what makes you think you cannot possibly been mistaken in your recollections about human anatomy?

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Ok this is weird....the sternum looks way too long to me too. I remember it being half the length and the chest being more open below the neck, more of a V-shape, with the whole rib cage looking like butterfly wings. It looks too closed up now.

Funny thing is, a couple of months ago I noticed the two upper rows of ribs between the pecs, while lifting weights in front of a mirror and was kinda surprised I had never noticed them before. It can't be because I lost weight or something, I basically never had any bodyfat.

And now I see others saying the same thing. This is kinda creepy.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join