It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Sox and Cubs, currently better than most Cy Young award pitcher win loss records.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Hi all,

As of today, the Chicago White Sox (my favorites) are 22-10, that's a win-loss records most mlb pitchers can only dream of.
And the Cubs are 24-6 better than most Cy Young award winners. They're completely dominant until now. Let that sink in.

I hope I don't jinks the two teams by posting this.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBandit795

if it happens, I'm rooting for White Sox

#SouthSide

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Funny how The Americans adapted an English Schoolgirls Game into one of their major sports.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Sox fan here.

GO SOX !!!

But I (reluctantly) admit the Cubs should get some credit too !!

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Funny how The Americans adapted an English Schoolgirls Game into one of their major sports.

A viscous stereotype.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Awesome! Go SouthSide!

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yeah, they are really good this year.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

A viscous stereotype.

Nah. A fact.

The game of rounders has been played in England since Tudor times,[1] with the earliest reference[1][5] being in 1744 in A Little Pretty Pocket-Book where it was called "base-ball"[6

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 9-5-2016 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Funny how we would beat you in every single sport! Every single one.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Jinxing the Cubs is welcome fare among us lovable losers.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevenjames15

You probably can.

Bearing in mind that 8 of the worlds top ten most popular sports where invented in Britain. We would still be rubbish.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Actually have tickets to the Nats/Cubs 3 game July 13-15 series at Nationals Park. This past 4 game sweep of the 2nd/3rd best team in MLB is no fluke. The Cubby bats are '27 Yankees-esque.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat
The Cubby bats are '27 Yankees-esque.

I think the starter's ERA is more impressive considering where they play their home games.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat
The Cubby bats are '27 Yankees-esque.

I think the starter's ERA is more impressive considering where they play their home games.

If what you think is correct, all the more power to the 2016 Cubbies. I hope it happens this year, but I've been a fan of the lovable losers all my life, so history isn't on my side

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Go Cubbies

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Compared to English football teams American baseball and 'football' teams travel many miles.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Add enough steroids into the players and beer into the fans, and even "Ring Around the Rosy" becomes quite entertaining as a spectator sport...

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I'm disturbed by the idea of school girls on steroids.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I'm disturbed by the idea of school girls on steroids.

You and everyone who ever saw the East German women's olympic teams...

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Dear Cubbies Fans,

I hope your hopes are destroyed by Bartman rearing his face again and snatching the ball away, therefore ruining your dreams of a World Series, a World Series victory(let alone four) and any hopes of them winning anything other than a pie in the face, in your lifetime.

I sincerely wish that billy goats would eat the ivory off of the famed wall and run wild in the streets of Chicago just to remind you all of the curse, day in and day out.

Do I have to remind you of the rallying cry of a Cubbies fan on Opening Day? "Just wait 'til next year!!!". I wish you no other ill will, except that it will hopefully take another century before the dreaded and absolutely lousy Cubbies make a World Series appearance and another before they win one. We will all be long gone by then so who cares if the crappy Cubbies win anything?

Signed,

A Die Hard Reds Fan - I bet you all thought I was a Card's fan, eh?

/Extreme sarcasm off. It looks as if the WS will go through Chicago or N.Y., in the NL, as I don't see anyone who can compete with them. Frikking Arrietta is insanely good and the rest of the staff ain't bad(even Lester who can't throw to first unless the ball is stuck in his glove) and they have tons of hitters. The Damned Mets are also loaded so I see the winner of them in the NLC as the eventual WS champs, unless KC can get back there. KC did it last year and with only minor changes I see them being able to do it again, IF they can get to the WS.

The Sox, both Sox and Sawx, are looking good after a month. I haven't seen too much baseball this season, so what is KC at right now? Can they compete with those two?

Bloody Cubbies swept the Nats and the Nats, well, I have no confidence in them at all no matter how good they are supposed to be so I see N.Y. Mets and Cubbies in the NLCS vs. one of the three I mention in the ALCS. The AL, I could be wrong as I don't see them as much but I cannot see anyone else in the NL making a play besides those two.

I usually suck at predictions but I did, back in 1990, predict the Reds would win it that year and they did. FWIW, less than $.02 adjusted due to inflation, of course.

edit on 5/9/2016 by TheSpanishArcher because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join