It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Erase Yourself From The Internet

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
As many of you know I am always looking for ways to remove myself from the grid and keep my freedom intact so I was happy to come across a site that assists your attempts to delete your online presence.

The site is JustDelete.me and contains links and instructions for removing yourself from a variety of online sites and social media. I hope you will enjoy!

JustDelete.me

edit on 2016/5/9 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

tell facebook and twitter to f off

i think i started that movement

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

some day I just might need to do this. Not yet though, it's way too rewarding speaking the truth and calling out Fox News, MSNBC, and the other propaganda media outfits who like to pollute the minds of the ill-informed and ignorant masses

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

To late.

Once its posted the government have it.

Remember data is not used real time. All the internet data is saved at those vast NSA and GCHQ sites in the USA and UK. You never going to delete that information.

All you can do is stop posting more content for the 5 eyes agency’s to save or use VPN's, TOR ect for future communications.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Absolutely true.

However, you can also do an 'identity change' online and basically falsify all your public information. I usually only do this at sites that won't let me delete the information on me.

They can have fake information...screw 'em.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

That grid looks massive. Is the idea to check each individual one?

I think its also effective for people to do google, yahoo (etc.) searches.

And then request the removal of your information from each individual site/service.

Although it may seem like there are a lot of results, most of the information is provided from a handful of sites which everyone else accesses.

edit on 9-5-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Absolutely true.

However, you can also do an 'identity change' online and basically falsify all your public information. I usually only do this at sites that won't let me delete the information on me.

It would delay but not stop them.

With all that saved Data they have they will have the IP adress you accessed the site with at the time. If they were really out to get you they could just get a warrent then pull from the internet service provider who was useing it at the time.

Onlt information you posted while covering your IP adress would be secure.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1

tell facebook and twitter to f off

i think i started that movement

Thank you!

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

You dont really think my name is boo crackers do ya? Been doing this for years.......

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Google, Apple, yahoo, sociak media sites, all the big cellphone service providers...

How do you erase that?

One agreed to the T&C, lol :/

Cool link though, thanks for sharing

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

I never had a Facebook nor ever tweeted. I don't miss anything since I never started using it in the first place.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Absolutely true.

I hate to be the 'Debbie Downer' here but, your internet presence is much more than your IP/MAC, IMEI, IMSI,ICCID.... these will let the people looking know who you are. If you decide to eliminate all of your current plans and devices and then buy new ones to 'vanish', your personality profile still exists; what you browse and publish to /read is unique to you just as your DNA is unique. You will have a very hard time trying to run away from your digital footprint as long as you remain online...As the Vogons state "resistance is useless"....

P.S. If you are trying to remain incognito online...this is probably one of the worst places to do so....just sayin'
edit on 10-5-2016 by notmyrealname because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Almost everything is cached anyways, so isn't this moot without never using the interwebs again?

Went to your link and all it did was give links to the sites you may be on and no instructions? No real explanations either.
???????

Did find this tho...
www.techradar.com...

Very easy to use "first steps".

edit on 10-5-2016 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-5-2016 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Absolutely true.

Been doing that since the beggining........

new topics

top topics

join