It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rangel To Reintroduce Draft Bill

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by PistolPete
How a bill becomes a law:

F. The Bill Becomes A Law - once a bill is signed by the President or his veto is overridden by both houses it becomes a law and is assigned an official number.

I think some people here missed the episode of Schoolhouse Rock about this!

Here's the QuickTime movie www.jacksheldon.com... for the uninformed.

[edit on 1/15/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
We're not as stupid as you might like to think. It would be up to the comander in chief to sign or veto

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
but a veto can still be overwritten by 2/3s of someone hehe I cant remember.. Is it Congress as a whole?

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
You people are making a big deal remember President Bush said NO DRAFT.

So what are you worried about, and please the president thanks to the patriot act can do anything he wants.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thatoneguy
but a veto can still be overwritten by 2/3s of someone hehe I cant remember.. Is it Congress as a whole?

It requires 2/3 of the House and 2/3 of the Senate to override a veto.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
A draft would be great for our country. Think about it, if all those republican's suddenly had to worry about their fortunate sons and daughters being called into service, this war might be over a lot sooner. This war, as with most wars is being fought by the nation's poor at the benefit of our wealthiest citizens, and even the wealthy of other nations (Israel, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait) benefit from the blood shed by our men and women in uniform.
We all know thought that even if a draft were to be initiated that Bush's daughters would never get called up, I doubt those dumb whores could even do as well as their AWOL father did in the National Guard.
Anyways, all I'm saying is that it would make a more equitable burden for all citizens, regardless of background. Cheney's bulldyke daughter might even enjoy being on the frontlines.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join