It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Appoints Christie As Head Of Transition Team

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Source

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said on Monday he has chosen New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, a rival turned ally, to lead his White House transition team as he prepares for the general election campaign. "Governor Christie is an extremely knowledgeable and loyal person with the tools and resources to put together an unparalleled Transition Team, one that will be prepared to take over the White House when we win in November," Trump said in a statement.

I had a feeling his true colors would start to show immediately after his nomination was solidified. First order of business: associate with and appoint scum to the inner circle.

My theory and prediction:

Trump has always been a shill for Hillary. Now that it's just the two of them, he will fall from grace, probably by scandal or just showing people he's been lying to them the whole time.

edit on 9-5-2016 by humanityrising because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-5-2016 by humanityrising because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: humanityrising

Christie Looks to be the Vice President pick and what I find just as interesting is his choice of Goldman Sachs as his financial chairman.

Typical political stuff we see from every politician.

Looks like his new slogan will be "Make America the same ole same ole".

link
edit on 9-5-2016 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I'm hoping he's just playing the game in order to secure the position of POTUS, and when he officially gets in there he will start to shake things up.

Here's to wishful thinking

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

I think you have it mostly correct however if he wins the presidency the ones who will shook up will be those who voted for him when they realize they are the ones who have been gamed.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Ugh, Chris Christie as VP means Trump does not actually want to become POTUS.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

There is another possibility that I think is the probability....

The neocons told Donald who to select and they will make his future selections for VP, AG, etc....

Despite Trumps cultivated "outsider" image; it was all an act scripted and produced by the MIC. And the low information voters ate that BS up!!!

or if it wasn't, it is now.
edit on 9-5-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: GoShredAK

I think you have it mostly correct however if he wins the presidency the ones who will shook up will be those who voted for him when they realize they are the ones who have been gamed.

Yeah most likely.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Bummer ,,,Bummer,,,,Bummer........ This is definitely not a Trump supporter turning his head, this is a Trump supporter that does not like Christy and seeing Trump surround himself with these types is really a bummer for me. Christy is not a fan of states rights and has bragged about some of the things he would do to over ride them. Maybe vp would be better than any kind of justice dept, as vp Christy would just be a lame duck hopefully. Trump needs to surround himself with respectable people not a crook like that.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Trump and Christie were rivals. It's all too clear now that in exchange for Christie's endorsement a deal was made to bring him on board. This is just the tip of the iceberg imo. Trump's 'dignity' will continue to erode as is becomes more and more clear that you have to sell out to be POTUS.

I see broken dreams in the near future for those who bought into his angle and bought into the idea that an outsider could get as far as he did in a system ran so tightly by the elites. The Trump Train will grind to a halt, it's carrying too much BS to sustain movement.

Hillary is inevitable. We've chosen naïveté once again instead of just accepting the bleak reality of the way things are.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

his choice of Goldman Sachs as his financial chairman.

Yup. This is the beginning of the end of any semblance of 'outsider'-ship.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Look at the bright side. Christie can shut down a bridge for Trump's exclusive use between NY & NJ.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

"Let's see...it appears you are the worst kind of person in just about every possible way...but luckily you have a natural talent for creating traffic jams...you're hired!"
-The Donald

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
This move cannot be defended.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
LoL!

What the hell is he thinking?

This sure won't help with some of his more anti-establishment supporters.

Maybe he's just pandering to the center-left undecideds?

Idk, it does scream 'politics as usual' though.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Oh no Trump is different and an outsider. HA HA

The saps who vote for Trump and deceive themselves to think he is any different are the same kind of saps that voted for the savior Obama.

In fact, they are worse since they have let a greedy billionaire deceive them.

Christie wants Attorney General or VP.

But he won’t help Trump win Jersey because they despise Christie now

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Why is an "outsider" filling his possible administration with establishment clowns?

Oh yeah, Trump was only acting like an outsider to con people into supporting him. The media played along quite nicely too. Now that he has virtually locked up the Republican nomination his true colors start to come out.

Sad thing is, most of his supporters won't think twice about it, they've already drank the koolaid. They'll either justify it somehow or turn the other way and ignore it.

Feet will soon be planted squarely in mouths. I knew it was coming all along, I just can't believe people actually fell for it.
edit on 5/9/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
And our options are. . . . .

Hillary?

hahahahahahahahahaha

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

If Gary Johnson gets 5% of the vote then the 2 party system is done. If you want to go against the establishment then vote Johnson because the establishment loves that there are only 2 parties to choose from right now.

If neither candidate is good for the country then what's the point of voting for either one?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

If Gary Johnson gets 5% of the vote then the 2 party system is done. If you want to go against the establishment then vote Johnson because the establishment loves that there are only 2 parties to choose from right now.

If neither candidate is good for the country then what's the point of voting for either one?

I say this so often that I really should get a stamp, but it won't matter who gets elected until we do something about the 535 idiots in congress.

The presidential office is just the stink of the turd. The source of the smell still exists, no matter how often you slap perfume on it.

It's just that rooting for Trump is so much fun sometimes.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Well If you're only voting for/supporting someone because it's "fun" then I'd say you're voting for/supporting them for all the wrong reasons.

That's just me though.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join