It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Trump attempting to blackmail Paul Ryan?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: Chickensalad
Its very hypocritical of the party to have made Trump sign the pledge to back whichever candidate was nominate, then to turn on Trump as soon as it looks like HE'S the one that's getting the nod.

More victim speak - not unexpected - No one MADE him sign anything. He signed the pledge freely and then HE violated it in March. Of course, it's always someone else's fault...

Wtf are you talking about "victim speak"??

I'm not sure if you noticed, but I'm no victim of anything other than the dumb sh** thats being posted this political cycle.

I have no horse in this race, just disappointment.

edit on 9-5-2016 by Chickensalad because: was rude

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Its very hypocritical of the party to have made Trump sign the pledge to back whichever candidate was nominate, then to turn on Trump as soon as it looks like HE'S the one that's getting the nod.

Pathetic really.

Trump backed-out of his pledge in March.

So the hypocrisy is mutual.

Hogwash...

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Garbage, he's still a 'Republican
', running as a 'Republican'... pledge honored.

The Republican Party? A different story.

Good luck with being Hillary backers..now THERE'S a brilliant bunch.....LMAO.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
A reply to: introvert

I wasn't aware that he had reneged on that.

Did he just basically announce that he wouldn't support the nominee or what?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker
a reply to: Chickensalad

Donald Trump met with Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus Thursday, just days after the Republican frontrunner backed out of a pledge to support the eventual Republican nominee.

The meeting came just two days after Trump said at a CNN town hall Tuesday he had taken back his pledge to support the nominee as “I have been treated very unfairly” and listed both the RNC and the party establishment as those responsible.

Trump had previously said he would honor the pledge only if he was treated fairly by the Republican Party.

www.foxnews.com...

Edit:

This story was published on March 31st of this year.
edit on 9-5-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Touché

I wonder how that deal worked out.

I wonder if that conversation is the reason that Trump is surrounding himself with Republican insiders now, such as Christie.

He knows that he can't run in the general without the GOPs databases and support staffs.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Wtf are you talking about "victim speak"??

You said that the party "MADE him sign the pledge", as if he had no choice. He's not a victim of the party.

originally posted by: nwtrucker
Good luck with being Hillary backers.

Of course, you would ASSUME that. I don't support Hillary.

edit on 5/9/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Well, at that time they did not treat him fairly. They were working hard to stop him, and scheming against him.
He had a right to not honor a pledge when the RNC was attempting to steamroll him.
And they are still doing it.
Trump was bringing in voters to the Republican party and in return the establishment slapped the face of the majority voting for Trump by attempting to derail his campaign.
So in effect, the RNC was also not treating the voters fairly.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I sure didn't call him a victim neither.

And at the time of my post, I wasn't aware that he had reneged on his pledge in favor of "being treated fairly" whatever that means.

It all just sounded like a bunch of toddlers arguing over a ball to me, really. I guess I was just trying to point out the hypocrisy in the GOP as well and for some reason or another you thought I was speaking up for Trump. Which isn't the case.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Touché

I wonder how that deal worked out.

I wonder if that conversation is the reason that Trump is surrounding himself with Republican insiders now, such as Christie.

He knows that he can't run in the general without the GOPs databases and support staffs.

It's pretty simple actually.

Trump is capitalizing on the fact that part of the Right Wing had been subjected to so much propaganda that they had become too extreme for the GOP. He builds a candidacy around that, claims to be an "outsider" and sweeps-up tons of support. Enough to get the nomination.

Now that he has that extreme base built-up, he pulls the rug from underneath them and falls in line with the Establishment in order to have a chance at the general election.

He stabs his own supporters in the back...and they love him for it. Just as he predicted.
edit on 9-5-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I feel like this is a case similar to Stockholm syndrome

His tactics are so close to many historical cult leaders that it's frightening

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

He sure isn't/wasn't/won't be the only one.

People seem to think that there's some prize for picking the winner and fervently follow whoever aligns with their ideals.

Everyone forgets that there's no 'right' or 'wrong' in political ideals, just differences.

But, politics has been playing on peoples emotion for so damn long that it's almost become equivalent to the NFL, just with actual consequences.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

He sure isn't/wasn't/won't be the only one.

People seem to think that there's some prize for picking the winner and fervently follow whoever aligns with their ideals.

Everyone forgets that there's no 'right' or 'wrong' in political ideals, just differences.

But, politics has been playing on peoples emotion for so damn long that it's almost become equivalent to the NFL, just with actual consequences.

Very well said, and in this day and age where everything has become a reality show the apathy of people is palpable.

Which is interesting to me because at the same time they defend this man so strongly, they also claim they're doing it for the entertainment factor.

Doesn't seem to add up to me, but I suppose it's irrelevant, the outcome is the same

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Trump is beginning to believe his own BS, that he is so powerful he can control the GOP. The neocon Republicans will chew Donald up and put their own man in there.

Trump has a solid core but he couldn't even beat Bernie if the election was held today. Trump isn't gaining strength; he is destroying his own candidacy with dumbass insults to the very people he needs support from.

It looks more and more like he was never serious in the first place.
edit on 9-5-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

This guy is a better hypnotist apparently than anyone on the planet

No, people are just stupid.

you need to be more specific in trumps case.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Donald Trump is supposed to endorse Paul Ryan officially later today. What difference does it make?

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Donald Trump is supposed to endorse Paul Ryan officially later today. What difference does it make?

It means Trump is going follow the will of the party. With his numbers so bad, Trump needs the GOP desperately. For that support, he is going to have be a good boy and tow the party line.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join