It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trouble reading lately

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I noticed lately that I have a problem when trying to read. On some threads I can read the whole thing fine. On other threads though After a few sentences my mind will start thinking about other stuff and I'll have to read the sentences over and over again. I seem to see each word but I stop thinking about what they mean.

It will seem to be about 1 in 10 threads that I read. Is this an actual reading condition that has a name?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Staygaf

I've had that problem my whole life. Dazed And Confused.
Every word tosses me into a thought... which throws me into a dream... which makes me fight to break out... only to be thrown back into a daze. Words...

I can't help myself... but I learn at my own pace.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   

It's most likely one or more of the following 4 reasons:

1) You have a really over-active mind
2) You have attention or concentration problems
3) The writer is using an extensive vocabulary and complex grammar structure that you are not used to
4) The topic itself involves complex terms and concepts that are hard for the average person to wrap their heads around

I tend to suffer from all 4 from time-to-time myself.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   

For me it's attention span.. Once browsers allowed "tabs" multiple tabs at once..... Oh man it's like you try to watch a YouTube video but then you're reading ats and instant messaging and eating food and watching the clock and wondering can I do more things??

So then you try to JUST read nothing else and your mind goes on a trip cause he's bored..

So what I do is commit to doing one thing and until I do it fully nothing else will be allowed.
If I notice I'm being impatient with how long it's taking to read I'll read slower. And no matter how many times it takes to re read and re re read I've already committed too it.

I haven't had that issue in a bit and I think it relates to me practicing my will power by making pre promises to finish.

Though sometimes I get lost in my own head because everything can relate to everything else haha..

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   

I get a readers block like that every now and then. Sometimes you need a break, or you need outside stimuli like quiet music to distract from the act of forced concentration and allow yourself to 'autopilot' more.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

After a few sentences my mind will start thinking about other stuff…

Whatever that 'stuff' is needs addressing. What are you thinking about?

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Less sugar

More protein, no statures peanut butter is good

One tea spoon of coconut oil raw a day

Get more sleep

new topics

top topics

join