It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey You! With the face! You don't agree with me politically!?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I think it's time I give myself a little check.

I remember years ago my Grandmother and I didn't agree politically. I love my Grandmother (which is why I capitalize it) and though we sparred all the time we always respected each other. That's pretty rare for an old lady and a young man, but we did. We never left the conversation angry, and I wanted to share something she told me. "We may not agree my dear, but I know you're well intentioned."

And I was. I still am. It wasn't passive aggressive, that's not her style. We talked further and she told me that even if people disagree on HOW to get there, we mostly want the same thing.

She's in her nineties now, and is still an amazing woman, remains politically active, has a bumper sticker on her car for campaign finance reform and still writes us all songs on our birthdays. I love her like crazy.

I don't think she's ever yelled at me in 30 years, but I have gotten the "Now, DEAR" a few times and it's worse than a punch to the gut. I would get a "Now DEAR" for some of my recent posts.

So if your a Trumpeter, a Bernout, or a Shillbot, I want to thank you. I may not agree with you, but I respect that you want what's best for us and just disagree on the path to take.

This doesn't mean I'm not going to have some fun, but I hope you all know I respect your beliefs and actually do have faith that whoever and whatever you support is based on you being a good person.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Don't cry bro! Hillary was blacker than you on The Breakfast Club!

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   
nice story, thanx for the post and the kind words from the heart..

this is engaging in political subjects from the humanitarian perspective, not the political perspective that unnerves people and creates separation and arguments..

you got one groovin' Granny!

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   

she told me that even if people disagree on HOW to get there, we mostly want the same thing

Your Grandmother is a very wise woman and in my opinion the simplicity of her philosophy is one of the great enigmas facing us all - if we all want basically the same thing (peace, jobs, food on the table, loving family environment etc) what encourages us to so vehemently disagree with each other in our quest for these fundamentals?

I blame propaganda - specifically the intention to cause ongoing polarity on the subject matters of politics, religion and social axioms.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Congratulations on having a great grandmother.....mine was a drunk and evil all at the same time.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Your Grandmother is a very wise woman and in my opinion the simplicity of her philosophy is one of the great enigmas facing us all - if we all want basically the same thing (peace, jobs, food on the table, loving family environment etc) what encourages us to so vehemently disagree with each other in our quest for these fundamentals?

I wish you could meet her and ask. She's WAY out of town right now, my cousin went into labor (now out, probably going to induce in the next two days) and she went on down with my aunt.

You'd like her. Moved to WA (the good WA, not the snake one) from Ohio on her own with kids and horses after my Grandfather got a teaching gig our hear.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

She is a great Grandmother, but not my Great Grandmother. My Great Grandmother was also a badass, she hopped on a horse in her 90's.

My grandmother will still put a foal in her place from a wheelchair.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   
It's nice to see someone who recognizes what you wrote, about us all really being after some of the same things we seek from our political leaders. And I love what you shared about your Grandmother. My Grannie has been gone for over 20 years, but I can still remember things she said. My mother owned a beauty salon, so that's where I was forced to hang out on Saturdays, bringing the women who sat blistering under hairdryers their coke and chips. I remember during one gossipy weekend the political gossip was getting heated. Between exchanges, in a brief moment of silence, Grannie quietly said "If folks would spend more time sweepin around their own front door, they wouldn't have time to criticize how dirty their neighbor's front porch was". You made me miss my Grannie.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Yes I agree well said..

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
We never left the conversation angry, and I wanted to share something she told me. "We may not agree my dear, but I know you're well intentioned."

Wise words from your Great Grammie, are they just awesome?

Election season 2016, and there's bound to be conflicting opinions
across the board, this year in particular even within party ranks.
'm pledged to leave the anger out and be civil.

Thanks for the post Domo1, a great way to start a Monday for sure.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Domo arigato mr Domo. YEah thats true we all want th e same things,but damn if som e of us dont piss each other off at times. lol.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

So if your a Trumpeter, a Bernout, or a Shillbot, I want to thank you. I may not agree with you, but I respect that you want what's best for us and just disagree on the path to take.

There's a signifiant aspect of this that you're ignoring though, while I understand your intentions...

Some don't want what's best for their country, they want what's best for their political party, their religious beliefs and their ignorances.

There is a massive difference between wanting what's best for others and pushing your own ideals on others knowing that those ideals remove the rights and freedoms of other free citizens.

That's not wanting the best for your country, that's attempting to control others to suit your opinions when the lives you are attempting to control have no impact at all on your own.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I think it's time I give myself a little check.

I remember years ago my Grandmother and I didn't agree politically. I love my Grandmother (which is why I capitalize it) and though we sparred all the time we always respected each other. That's pretty rare for an old lady and a young man, but we did. We never left the conversation angry, and I wanted to share something she told me. "We may not agree my dear, but I know you're well intentioned."

Nice. I live with my daughter and granddaughter (16).

They tease me constantly about ATS.

My daughter wants nothing to do with politics. But, when her daughter brings anything up political, and I try to explain - - my daughter spews all the "media/conspiracy" gossip. Like, "it doesn't matter, we're all controlled by the Owl People".

So, who does her daughter believe? Her mom, of course. Next generation - - scary bunch.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Obviously you're a racist commie who wants my guns.

Nice thought.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The aliens designed politics to bring out the worst in people. This election junk literally cannot go away sooner in my opinion, despite the outcome.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

This doesn't mean I'm not going to have some fun,

now Dear,.........

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

thanks for the great post, your Grandmother is correct. I love you and your Grandmother

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I can't stop laughing... I hope this doesn't become a thing

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

a reply to: network dude

I can't stop laughing... I hope this doesn't become a thing

Oh, it's gonna be a thing. Be prepared....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join