It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof of biofields? Dogs' hearts found to beat in sync with their owners

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Friday, May 06, 2016 by: David Gutierrez, staff writer

www.naturalnews.com...

. . .
The study was conducted by the Hearts Aligned initiative, which is funded by pet-food manufacturer Pedigree. The researchers found that after being reunited following a separation, dogs and their owners seemed to synchronize heartbeats.
. . .
The surprising finding, however, was that the rates of change of the dogs' heart rates mirrored those of their owners. This is particularly significant, because dog and human hearts beat at different speeds.
Thus, when an owner's heart rate dropped by about 20 beats per minute, the heart rate of the owner's dog dropped by about 40 beats per minute – a proportional change.
The scale of the drop in heart rate could be enough to provide significant health benefits, said researcher and sports scientist Dr. Craig Duncan.
. . .

Sounds good, to me.
I just wasn't up to making the time required for dad's two Australian Shepherds.
A good friend took them and provides a good home for them.
But I don't think I'd have survived my childhood and youth without my Lassie type collie. She seemed to have a great understanding of my state of affairs at any given moment. And her warm furry comfort was unmatched in my daily life.
I wonder what your story may be about your dog(s) contributing to your health along the lines of the OP?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   
This is all that comes to mind...

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I was going to say this is shenanigans because the heart rates are going to be different, guess not.

I wonder what your story may be about your dog(s) contributing to your health along the lines of the OP?

I have a red border collie. He helped me out a lot after I lost my Dad, and motivates me to go outside for walks/play/dog park. He also calms me down a fair amount. I used to be pretty high strung and somewhat volatile and after getting him have been much calmer. It's nice having a buddy around and while he's no guard dog I still feel way safer because he alerts with strange noise.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Wonderful song. Very touching.

Thanks. I don't think I'd ever heard it.

AMEN!

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Yup. I think the findings were pretty clear about the beat sync-ing.

Congrats on the growth in calmness facilitated by your collie.

I pray there's some life extension value in that, for you, too.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

I pray there's some life extension value in that, for you, too.

Well thank you, I'm sure there is.

Man I'm wracking my brain trying to remember another study I read about a year ago about heart beats syncing up between humans. I can't remember if it was parent's and children, romantic partners or what. I'll pop in a link if I find it.

Have you seen that thing where a piece of heart will sync up with a beating heart? It's a weird video. I'm not sure if it was legit either.

Your Heart Can Sync With a Loved One's - I stopped being lazy

Red border collie for anyone that doesn't know:

My boy has very similar markings but he's all grown up now. He still looks like a puppy, just bigger.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Beautiful dog! Congrats.

I've seen some of that info, but not all. Would be interested in the links.

I think there's a lot of that sort of thing that we are just beginning to understand more fully.

Thanks.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Interesting find ..first thought was "" Harmonic resonance is an extraordinarily diverse and varied phenomenon seen in countless forms throughout the universe, from gravitational orbital resonances, to electromagnetic oscillations, to acoustical vibrations in solids, liquids, and gases, to laser resonance in light and microwaves."" With options on the could be's as to what is happening it makes the mind travel and wonder ....Thanks OP for getting my mind off into a direction of discovery for the day .Makes for a new journey and maybe a dot or two to connect ....peace

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

I've had dogs all my life, my first memories of my childhood involved the family dogs. I think dogs help to do a lot of things... but mainly my dogs have helped me never come home to an empty house, and let me feel confident that no one will try to break into the house. Not to mention that I get a ton of laughs all the time from their antics.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

I've had dogs all my life, my first memories of my childhood involved the family dogs. I think dogs help to do a lot of things... but mainly my dogs have helped me never come home to an empty house, and let me feel confident that no one will try to break into the house. Not to mention that I get a ton of laughs all the time from their antics.

YUP.

I think they are excellent at those things, too.

Their warm furry presence can be a joy and a delight routinely.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Proof of biofields? Dogs' hearts found to beat in sync with their owners

Hang clocks on the wall and eventually they tic-toc in harmony!
See; 'entrainment'.
Nothing new here.

People who live with their pets eventually look alike, also.
Like people in long term relationships...

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I talk a lot about what I learned about human interactions from horses. That was one of those things.

It is easily seen how they act differently depending upon the humans closest to them.
That applies to how close someone is in proximity, as well as familiarity.

A horse may have a person standing next to them that is having anxiety feelings, and the horse starts to act it out.
If two people are standing close to it, and one is more familiar (the owner and a stranger, for example) the horse will act more influenced by the state of being of the familiar one.

This is why, if giving someone a lesson, and it is someone who is afraid or nervous, I prefer to do it with my own horse, or one that knows me well, and to stay in proximity, even if it them that is mounting or otherwise handling the horse.
Just standing there remaining calm and peaceful , without saying a word or moving, can be enough to neutralize the effect upon the animal, of the stress.

Amongst horsepeople, they all know it is best not to handle a horse if you are not okay emotionally,
or if you have to, best to talk to the horse about it honestly.
That sounds funny, but it is not because the horse understands anything you say,
but because it seems that some of the less conscious effects of emotions (heart rate, blood pressure, perspiration...) become less intense if a person acknowledges and expresses what they are feeling in some way.

I heard a little blurb on the radio the other day, in which a psychologist described how emotions are contagious, and people will unknowingly pick up on those from people around them (empathy).
The interviewer asked_
"Between two people feeling different things, what determines who will effect who?"

(good question! )

Her answer was, "Our research indicates it is the one who is hiding the emotions more. The one who is repressing conscious expression of their emotions. "

The person who is obviously acting them out, or speaking them, will have less contagious emotions, than the person pretending they are fine when they are not.

If you think about that for a while, it has a lot of possible implications! Especially in considering relationships, family dynamics (is the one notorious for being the emotional one really the emotional one? Or do they just express more, and for the others..????)

Of course the thread is about our relationship with our dogs. I just always like how I learn how to interact better with humans, from animals.
Dogs' ability to strive towards a happy state is really their greatest gift to us- they will line up with us in times of need, jump into the black hole with us so we're not alone, but never ever just be content to stay there. They sort of get in synch, then start encouraging us to rise up and out together, with them.

I love my animals!

top topics

join