It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newt Gingrich for VP

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I swear most of you on here have a screw or two loose...

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

God have mercy on us.

He is a clear and definite tyrannical globalist in thin disguise. Read his forward to Toffler's book.

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1462793735&sr=1-5&keywords=TOFFLER

Hideous. Doubly hideous.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I was deeply grieved when I discovered he was an oligarchy shill, too.

Sigh.

Reminds me of that old joke about terrorists having captured the capital full of congress critters and demanding ransom else they will set the capitol on fire with the congress critters inside . . . a bloke is going up and down in traffic collecting donations . . . the driver of the current car asks what the average donation is . . . the answer:

about a gallon of gasoline.

It sure seems like the whole lot of them are dyed-in-the-wool treasonous traitors to the max dressed in very thin and shabby sheep's coats.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Of course, Gingrich was also the one who came right out and admitted they hate Donald because he isn't one of them.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion
About the only thing he has going for himself is that he hasn't been in the public eye for a longtime. Pompous Mushroom of a Man.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If we believe FDR's comment . . . even that's probably a very scripted thing

with Newt loyally playing the globalist role in saying it.

What might the purpose be?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Newt's first name fits him very well....

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The problem is Trump really needs someone who knows how Washington operates. While I am as anti-establishment as anyone, the reality is that it will be hard for Trump to get his agenda done if he doesn't have people on his staff who can navigate Congress and the Senate. This means he will need someone with experience.

I don't know if Newt is the right choice, but he is about the most qualified person around and he is a policy wonk. Rand Paul might be a good choice, but he seems butt hurt, so I don't know that he'd work for Trump.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Gingrich is a smart man and historian. That being said, if Trump makes him his VP choice, he'll be absolutely no help with the minority and women vote.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
Gingrich is a smart man and historian. That being said, if Trump makes him his VP choice, he'll be absolutely no help with the minority and women vote.

Right....the minorities and women will be totally influenced by Trumps VP choice and probably won't see it as pandering. One of Donald's main mistakes is taking himself to seriously and thinking the general electorate thinks like his supporters....sorry, that's 2 mistakes...

No worries though, I doubt if Trump can make it to the GOP convention. Burn out with a long 7 months to go. Peaked to early! Trump trained for a sprint and it was a marathon.

Trump was just to green and out of his element for this WH bid. He did bring up some good questions though.
edit on 9-5-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Newt?

When did he suddenly become not a POS?
I would guess around the same time that Trump did. My guess is that this time frame would coincide with a sudden rise in lead paint consumption as well.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Yeah, the liberals will attempt to smear him with the racist card. Their racism accusations really haven't worked against Trump, but would probably stick with Newt around.

I think Rand Paul would take Trump over the top as he'd probably appeal to a lot of the less radical Bernie supporters. I just don't get any warm and fuzzies between them two though. It would be a good move for Rand though as it would prepare him to run again.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Right....the minorities and women will be totally influenced by Trumps VP choice and probably won't see it as pandering. One of Donald's main mistakes is taking himself to seriously and thinking the general electorate thinks like his supporters....sorry, that's 2 mistakes...

No worries though, I doubt if Trump can make it to the GOP convention. Burn out with a long 7 months to go. Peaked to early! Trump trained for a sprint and it was a marathon.

Trump was just to green and out of his element for this WH bid. He did bring up some good questions though.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. But actually a VP choice CAN, but not always WILL, influence a nominees support. Look at 1960. Without LBJ suring up the southern democratic vote, Kennedy would never have won. Look at John McCain. He probably would've lost anyway, but it would've been closer. Palin absolutely killed his chances. If Trump plans to win, at the risk of appearing to pander, he has to pick a woman and/or minority to have a legitimate chance. NM Govenor Susana Martinez comes to mind.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

All the dembs have to do to blow Gov. Martinez out of the water is play this tape.

krqe.com...

Trump would be better served with Newt.

If Trump even makes it to the convention...

I see him picking a progressive to try and win back some moderates. His supporters will bend over and take it because they won't have an alternative.

Best damn show in town!!
edit on 9-5-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

All the dembs have to do to blow Gov. Martinez out of the water is play this tape.

krqe.com...

Trump would be better served with Newt.

If we're playing tapes, we can play the tape of Hillary cackling like a mental patient when she recalls getting a child rapist off on a technicality when she was a lawyer.

Tapes Reveal Hillary Clinton Discussing Her Defense Of Child Rapist [VIDEO]

dailycaller.com...

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

What does right-wing propaganda about Hillary Clinton have to do with Newt Gingrich's ethical worth or even competence as a VP Candidate?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

What does right-wing propaganda about Hillary Clinton have to do with Newt Gingrich's ethical worth or even competence as a VP Candidate?

Absolutely nothing. If you bothered to read the previous discussion I was having with another member, maybe you would've followed my response. I suggested that maybe a woman and/or minority would be a better choice than Gingrich. I proposed Gov. Martinez of NM. The following reply the member said the Dems could roll out a tape highlighting her previous transgressions. I responded Hillary, as the presumptive nominee, has her own unsavory tapes that could be brought to light. There, I laid it out for you since you are apparently too lazy to look at the previous posts on the page.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Newt Gingrich for VP

This must be theater of the absurd?
Insanity striking?
Irony, right?

Whatever..., another evil Killer Klown of the political Cirque du Freaque!
What a corrupt rube!
Three steps backwards? Really?
And you recommend this guy?

If this is not a bad joke, I have nothing else to say about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join