It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump changes tune on tax hikes for wealthy Americans

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Like all politicians do, pass the buck.

Governments don't determine what companies pay their employees, companies do. But lets say the Fed or states impose a new wage on them, they'll just lay everyone off and move.

Plenty of people will work for that old wage rather than lose their job.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

I did...the question was what is this post about since what you stated in the OP is true. Where is he changing his tune on the rich?

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Governments don't determine what companies pay their employees, companies do. But lets say the Fed or states impose a new wage on them, they'll just lay everyone off and move.

It depends. In previous times, not all that long ago actually, governments used to impose fair wage and price laws which let governments dictate prices. This didn't lead to a lack of work, because if there was a shortage of goods demand would go up, and more people would seek to produce the items to sell. There's an argument that our current system actually results in fewer goods in these cases since it simply causes the prices to go up as a function of demand instead. As a side effect it also ensures that rather than rationing goods out among everyone who wishes to purchases it, it makes the goods go to the rich first.
edit on 8-5-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Why would you say you were willing to pay them when you're actually not?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Ive disliked Trump from the start. Ive seen him as a sensative bully.I have never watched his speeches on interviews until this one.

WTF? I have to admit something right now. I couldnt stand him because of what I have heard, but after watching this, im confused. His words didnt sound like what what i was told. His words rang true. I may have to reconsider my position. I watched the whole interview, did you guys? He does seem aggressive, but not a liar like bush, clintons, and Obama. He doesnt seem like he is for sale. He doesnt seem to be the racist I was told he was and believed.

Im going to have to do more research now. Thanks for this thread.

edit on 9-5-2016 by visitedbythem because: sp

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   
He has changed his stance on so many issues, but his supporters will defend it every time.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Watch the video then. That's where the quotes are from.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   
This is an interesting discussion for a different reason than the fact Trump's shifted on high income earners tax rates.

He has put forward a tax plan - the plan he wants in an ideal world.
He knows it won't pass in it's current format.
He will negotiate with the legislative branch.
He believes the final plan will mean a rise in taxes for the rich.
Where he is going to dig in more in terms of negotiation is in keeping the plan for the middle class and businesses as close as possible to the proposal.

For a politician, this is an incredibly honest approach. He is saying it's not going to be up to him and that he will work within the framework of the govt. For constitutional conservatives this should be music to their ears. It also gives some insight as to why he refuses to give a lot of detail at this time on how he is going to realize many of his policies.

Can the American people handle this kind of transparency? That is the question we'll get the answer to during this election cycle.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I'm aware that he's speaking now more in line with what his earlier tax plan was however he was selling it one way, got the nomination (all but formally) and is now selling it another way. Predictably, his supporters don't see it and squirm trying to justify it.
edit on 5/9/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

I'm aware that he's speaking now more in line with what his earlier tax plan was however he was selling it one way, got the nomination (all but formally) and is now selling it another way. Predictably, his supporters don't see it and squirm trying to justify it.

Are you sure it's not you who is trying to justify your view? How can anything a presidential candidate put forward be anything more than a proposal that has to be agreed by the legislative branch of govt?

Trump has not said he won't try to get his proposal through as is, he's just being practical and honest about how he expects things to play out.

You may view what he says as a promise, but that is more to do with either your misunderstanding of the process in the real world or a desire to attack Trump. Either way, you are projecting.
edit on 9/5/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Ive disliked Trump from the start. Ive seen him as a sensative bully.I have never watched his speeches on interviews until this one.

WTF? I have to admit something right now. I couldnt stand him because of what I have heard, but after watching this, im confused. His words didnt sound like what what i was told. His words rang true. I may have to reconsider my position. I watched the whole interview, did you guys? He does seem aggressive, but not a liar like bush, clintons, and Obama. He doesnt seem like he is for sale. He doesnt seem to be the racist I was told he was and believed.

Im going to have to do more research now. Thanks for this thread.

This is the kind of honesty that I think will help him. It's why i think he was right not give too much detail. He sounds like he is going to fight for the people but won't guarantee an outcome because he wants to stick to the principals of the constitutional process. That's all you can ask of a President.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I'm sure.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   

It depends. In previous times, not all that long ago actually, governments used to impose fair wage and price laws which let governments dictate prices.

But not wages. Corporations already consider it more lucrative to move overseas for lower wages. Raising them here can only further that.

Hey, maybe they are promoting that. So sorry employees, we just have to shut down and move to Asia, you guys want too much money to work for us here.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

I'm sure.

Then it must be that you have a lack of understanding about how your government works.
Can you explain how any person running for President, or indeed the President, can make concrete promises about what will be implemented when they are in office?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

I'm sure.

Then it must be that you have a lack of understanding about how your government works.
Can you explain how any person running for President, or indeed the President, can make concrete promises about what will be implemented when they are in office?

You have bat # crazy logic.

It is a posters "projection," when they are skeptical regarding a candidate for POTUS's rhetoric and empty promises?

Also - that's a loaded question. Fallacious argument, and bat # crazy logic. Nice.

So it's all good for politicians and the likes to make concrete promises and never intend to fulfill them - and if someone says anything about, they're projecting?

Woooooooow. I'll remind myself to avoid your posts from here on out. Have a blessed day.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

OMG! You mean to tell me a presidential nominee has flip-flopped, waffled, and changed positions? This has never happened before in the history of US politics.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Just as predicted, he got to where he is now by just preaching the most obvious bs and pandering to the truly ignorant - just as he said he would do. Remember, this man openly stated that he would run as a Republican because they would be the easiest to manipulate with right-wing nonsense.

He's manipulated them, and now he's going to spend the rest of his time attempting to woo the undecided.

Either way, even if it was all just a ploy and he's really not planning to do any of the bizarre things he said he wanted to do just to get the support of the most ignorant Conservatives, having him as POTUS would still do massive damage to the US.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I understand how my government works. I'm talking about Trumps policy flip on taxes, not what will or won't be passed.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Seems so lol.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I understand how my government works. I'm talking about Trumps policy flip on taxes, not what will or won't be passed.

You clearly have some difficulty understanding how it all works or you wouldn't be making the claims you are.

Trump put forward a tax proposal as part of his platform. Now, anyone who understands how the US govt works knows at that point it may not be what is finally implemented. There is no flip flop, because he still wants what he said he wanted. The interview is crystal clear in this regard.

I would have thought after years of Presidents treating the office as though it was the head of an oligarchy, all Americans would jump for joy at a presidential candidate taking about political process within the framework of separation of power - as intended for your Republic.

Those who take a candidates plans as set in stone don't really have a clue, or they are being disingenuous.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join