It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
I'm past caring THAT much about my "reputation."
Besides, I think TRUTH is a pretty high priority.
And the gritchy one has a hard time with the truth.
Those that heralded the second coming in Bernie Sanders are now finding themselves defending Hillary because she is their only choice.
1. The Constitution right and left.
2. My eyes far too frequently.
3. My ears far too frequently.
4. My long held, intensely felt values far too constantly.
5. My culture right and left.
6. My traditions right and left.
7. My social reference groups right and left.
8. My basic sense of right and wrong right and left.
9. The foundations of our Nation and way of life.
10. Most all that defines decency and in order right and left.
11. Any shred of a sensible construct about TRUTH vs LYING constantly.
12. Any shred of a sensible construct or behavior about anything resembling a stable kind of MORALITY constantly.
And yet you have the audacity to take me to task about "puerile" or "pejorative?"
Maybe I'll give a flip when you take her to task for such a list of hideousness, FIRST.
originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
I'm just gonna buzz the thread here, do a fly-by:
Any person who has been a full-time parent has learned from experience what "decision fatigue" is. As a parent, one has to just work on the fly - make decisions on a case-by-case basis. Every moment, every day is a new challenge with a child. It can be exhausting, and yes, at the end of a long day full of tantrums, it's sometimes best to hand off the decision to someone else (or at least postpone it until one has more energy and focus).
I don't know how many times I have said, "Don't ask me that right now - I'm too tired (slang: brain-dead) to think it over clearly".
EVERYONE has that happen from time to time. And it is prudent to do so. There is an appropriate time to withhold a decision. When one recognizes they are overwhelmed and tired, it is especially important. "Rash decisions" - it's a common cliche.
That is all. I'm no Hillary supporter but some of these threads today seem quite out there - you all are just making stuff up to bitch about. Hillary gets tired. So? Her memory, like all of ours, is subjective.
Have you ever asked your mom or dad about a thing you clearly remember happening, and they have totally forgotten it? Yeah - we make decisions. Problem solved? Move along.