It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Brexit' could trigger World War Three, warns David Cameron

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Source

Well, fear mongering gets some folks quite a ways down the path.

Oops ... misfire ... What I wanted to add was that it seems there's an awful lot going on politically of late. This saber rattling appears to be directed at shadows in the dark. The 0bama policy on refugees, currency issues, the Russians at the gate, turmoil in the Middle East. I don't know if it's any one thing that could set off a conflict ... Or, if there's any one thing that might prevent it.

But ... a warning from Cameron?
edit on 852016 by Snarl because: ETA

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I think inducing fear for personal reasons is pretty poor form.

The bill could be made to reflect and cater to such concerns.

He should get some more pork on his fork.

🐷🐖

edit on 8-5-2016 by Timely because: Hating on androids

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

David Cameron will plead for Britain to stay in the EU and help prevent the Continent being ripped apart by another conflict.

That alone speaks novels .

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Crazy times... between UK drama and USA Presidential Election drama (and psychopathic candidates), the WEST is certainly on a crash course for some sort of train wreck (if not in the next 1-2 years, in the next 6-8 years, that's my guess)

Not to mention the fact that the global economy is a total mess.. ay carumba

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Inducing fear for personal gain is all the rage with popular politicians these days.

Frankly it says more about those that get suckered into the fear than the "Fear Peddler" politician. The masses are dimwitted and more easily herded with fear than knowledge.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
You guys are crazy if you stay in or join or whatever.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The article says absolutely nothing about any world war. This is about Britain having a say in European collective defence agreements and general policy. And the Prime Minister is absolutely right on that score.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Again nothing positive to say, just scare tactics.

And BS anyway.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I'd hazard a guess that not leaving will be more likely to cause conflict.
The bitterness building through this campaign is getting quite crazy.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   
In or Out, were screwed.....

In - We will continue to be dominated from Brussels. Germany and France will continue to push their own agendas at our expense (as we also try to do), Britain will be expected to pay more and more contributions each year whilst being getting less and less out.

Out - Probably means the end for Cameron, which means we'll end up with Osbourne, or Boris Johnson as PM, their ineptness will see them ousted at the next election leaving Corbyn as PM (if he is still Labour leader), he'll scrap our nuclear deterrant, making us even less relavant on the world stage than we already are.

TBH im getting sick of the way the media are force feeding us the in/out camps propoganda. Cameron is calling in favours from all over the world painting his doom and gloom picture, whilst we see Nigel Farage championing the leave campaign.

I fail to see how the UK leaving the EU would trigger a war? (economic conflicts maybe...)

For the record im still undecided as to how I will vote.

edit on 5/9/2016 by ukmicky1980 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/9/2016 by ukmicky1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Europe is a failed state. Every country should exit now! Please Britain Brexit so we in the Netherlands can have a Nexit. The ship is sinking!! Everybody swim for your lives

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ukmicky1980

I fail to see how the UK leaving the EU would trigger a war? (economic conflicts maybe...)

Isn't that how Wars Start. Economic Conflicts. ? The last twice the countries of Europe fell out didn't end too well for 100 million + people.
Cameron was hoping the threat to leave the Europe was enough to get his way. Europe, so far, have called his bluff.

Meanwhile Putin is sitting biding his time.

Could a Escalation of Violence erupt in Europe?...Most definitely, but as we've already seen, the escalations wont be as plain and simple as one country invading the another. It'll be clandestine terrorist attacks and everyone blaming this or that group...See Flight MH17 as an example.

Russian, China, UK and America et al know it's best to do your fighting on someone else's lawn. That only leads to further destabilization and more terrorist/freedome fighters.

The Third World War has already begun. To be Honest, Did the Second World War end.?

edit on 9-5-2016 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
The article says absolutely nothing about any world war. This is about Britain having a say in European collective defence agreements and general policy. And the Prime Minister is absolutely right on that score.

Go back in history, Crimea, Napoleon, WW1, WW 2, did Britain have defence agreements then? long before the thrice damned EU?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annunak1
Europe is a failed state. Every country should exit now! Please Britain Brexit so we in the Netherlands can have a Nexit. The ship is sinking!! Everybody swim for your lives

Why wait for the UK? get you finger out!!!!

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Typical scare tactics coming from a government controlled news paper. Don't really expect any different to be honest. I wouldn't pay any attention to the media over the EU referendum as its all pro EU propaganda. I've not seen one media outlet that has done a good report on LEAVING the EU it's all been pro EU BS. Obviously the conservatives have been letting the media what to do

Hell the vote is a sham anyway, I can already see the result. It's in the governments best interest to stay in the EU, therefore WE WILL BE STAYING in the EU.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

Your right, i dont think voting makes a difference, its just the illusion of having a choice. From what i can tell more people want out than in, so if it turns out we stay in then it should be a wake up call to everyone in britain that we've never had a choice and this government are going to do what the hell they please at our expense.

And i wouldn't beleive a word that comes out of Camerons mouth, he's forever lying.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   

You know what's more shocking about all of this? The absolutely rabid attitudes of the Brexit camp. They scream about everything from immigration to economics and have nothing solid to base their opinions on, but when the remain campaign makes any statement - suggesting totally rational arguments for us to remain - the Brexit camp starts screaming about how it's "propaganda" and "totally unfair!"

The British public should have as much information as possible before making this important decision, but the Brexit bunch absolutely lose their minds when anything at all is reported that doesn't suit them, no matter how accurate and truthful it is.

I was actually on the fence about how I would vote in this until I saw the ignorant xenophobia, the irrational nationalism, the ranting loons on the far-right willing to destroy our involvement in the EU for nothing more than their faith in Daily Heil headlines.

I am now firmly in the remain camp.

The fact that so many are screaming irrational nonsense over this statement actually proves even more that these people are utterly ignorant to our own history. The European project was created to prevent another World War, this is a damn fact. It was created to encourage economic and trade ties between nations so that it would be almost impossible for countries within Europe to go to war with each other without destroying themselves in the process - and IT'S WORKED.

We have seen the longest period of peace in Europe ever witnessed, and there is no doubt that this is because nations are closer together than ever before and have far more to loose through internal conflict.

While I hate Cameron with a passion that burns deep, the man is absolutely right. I am fed up with hearing the ignorance and stupidity of the Brexit camp every time a statement is made that they don't like.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
I've not seen one media outlet that has done a good report on LEAVING the EU it's all been pro EU BS.

Yes, because the fact is the Brexit camp doesn't have a good argument other than the usual right-wing nationalist bs.

Please, list all the reasons you think the UK would be better off cutting ourselves out of the EU...

You can't, because the list is limited to rants about refugees, Muslims, and "people coming over here, stealing our jobs!!!!!!11111"

Y'know, the usual far-right nonsense from the likes of Farage and his UKIP nutty bunch.

The same right-wing bs we've had to listen to in this country from the tabloid trash rags for decades, while continuing to be one of the wealthiest and most secure nations in the world DESPITE all their irrational ranting about how bad everything is.
edit on 9-5-2016 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

Yes, because the fact is the Brexit camp doesn't have a good argument other than the usual right-wing nationalist bs.

I havent seen the any pro EU arguments that are positive except fear mongering.

Please, list all the reasons you think the UK would be better off cutting ourselves out of the EU...

More control over our laws.
Less bureaucracy
One less layer of government.
Smaller decentralised government
Protection of UK sovereignty.
More separation from the disastrous currency that is the Euro.
Not having to pay the EU bills.
More separation from the Eurozone reckless spending and debt management strategy’s.
More protection the disastrous and pathetic EU policy’s and laws.

You can't, because the list is limited to rants about refugees, Muslims, and "people coming over here, stealing our jobs!!!!!!11111"

None of my reasons invlove immigration.
Infact im happy to let the current Eu immigrants stay if we leave

And also hope with restrciting EU immigration we can then take in more from China, Japa, Australlia and other countrys round the world with skilled labour.

Y'know, the usual far-right nonsense from the likes of Farage and his UKIP nutty bunch.

No I dont.

Hardly far right, more center right.

The same right-wing bs we've had to listen to in this country from the tabloid trash rags for decades, while continuing to be one of the wealthiest and most secure nations in the world DESPITE all their irrational ranting about how bad everything is.

More to life that wealth.

No point to be wealthy if I have to live under the thumb of a faceless unaccountble Bureaucracy that wants to nanny state me.
edit on 9-5-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   
It's the New World Order. The more they tighten their fingers and the quicker they do it; the more people start to wake up, squeal and resist.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join