It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saturn Titan Moon Probe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I think this is the year (2005) when they will come out and say they've discovered other intelligent Extraterrestrial life in space. They're saying the lines "how life began" and "searching for extraterrestrial life" too many times for me to believe otherwise. Link to the story:

story.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I sure hope this year's the year, but there's no real reason to suspect that to be the case. I suspect the reasons why the phrases "how life began" and "searching for extra terrestrial life" are being said a lot is because we are beginning to enter a period of relatively intense scrutiny of our solar system, case in point the huygens module that touched down on saturn hopefully successfully. The mars rovers, deep impact, and even with improvements in photographic detail of the bodies in our system showing things like ice, active geological formation and other points of interest.

Bearing in mind, that the search for extra-terrestrial life is all life, not just intelligent life. They could find primitie single cell organisms beneath the ice on Europa if they send a probe there which i hope they will one day. That would be a very good indicator as to how life began because they conditions on Europa mimic those that happened during various points in time throughout the earths history, and if they can gain information regarding the environment, elements present etc, it would be very useful evidence for us as we try to work out exactly how and when life emerged on Earth.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Also, what's been cleaning off the rovers mirors? Anyone seen the photo of what looks like a UFO above the horizen? Makes sense to me. I doubt wind would do the trick. Here's the link:

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

[edit on 14-1-2005 by meshuggah1324]

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Meshuggah says:

"I doubt wind would do the trick."

I don't know whether it would or not, but how can we tell? I gather there's no instrumentation foir measuring wind velocity; otherwise, we'd know for sure simply by looking at the telemetry. Perhaps the combination of some wind and temperature shifts, along with the almost complete lack of humidity, could change the electrostatic capabilities of the glass over the PV array, acting sort of like a "electrostatic teflon".

Or maybe the dust itself has some sort of electrostatic characteristic we're not familiar with, since it is a different planet and all.

But I doubt that there're little Spaceship Guys or such wiping off the PV modules; the truth is usually a lot more mundane. My guess is for a natural phenomenon that we hadn't seen or thought about yet.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
probably very little dust would be created by the rover moving. considering that space is a vacuum and mars has no atmosphere would there be any dust?

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Turn on CNN right now!!!!!!!!!!!!! River channels in Titan photos!!!!!!!!!!!

www.cnn.com to see the first photo from Titan! Amazing!!!

[edit on 14-1-2005 by meshuggah1324]

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
that is very exciting news! so they're saying that Titan is somewhat the way Earth use to be?

www.cnn.com...

about half down in the fact box.

Tahlen

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 05:29 AM
link   

mars has no atmosphere would there be any dust?

Mars has a very thin atmosphere made up primarily of Carbon dioxide.

Looking v. interesting.

Life would be nice to find, but highly unlikely due to the conditions. Reported temperature around huygens is -179 degreesC

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by meshuggah1324
I think this is the year (2005) when they will come out and say they've discovered other intelligent Extraterrestrial life in space.

People said that last year, and the year before, and the year before,a nd the year before...

Anyway, life that Titan is looking for is like microbiological stuff. It's belived that Titan is similar to the way Earth was in its primordial stages.

new topics

top topics

join