It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pretty sure Bill Clinton's doodles prove Guccifer hacked into Hillary's server.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: CynConcepts

Constitutional principles trump any belief.

Without it, mob rule wins the day.

I know my position is not popular, but it is just.

In your reality, was Al Capone a simple tax evader?

Under rule of law, yes. He was nothing more than a tax evader. If you cannot prove he was guilty of anything else, there is nothing we can do.

If you disagree with that, you advocate for oppressive government or mob rule.

The government and the law is not always right, but we can only go by what is provable.
edit on 8-5-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Fair enough.

The same server was used, but there is a question as to when the hacker got that material. Was it before Hillary used it for SoS duties?

Take a look at this article.

www.theguardian.com...

sources inside sources with other sources close to the situation etc etc

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I note the following, from your source:

The current netblock was registered in June 2013, some four months after Clinton left the State Department. Whether or not she deployed the same level of sophistication in her internet affairs from 13 January 2009 when she first registered the clintonemail.com domain until 1 February 2013, when she stepped down from the job of America’s top diplomat, is not clear and continues to be the subject of considerable public debate.

They can't say what level of security it had when she was using it, and remember, Pagliano was not a cybersecurity expert; he was a sysadmin, there is a difference.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly....
which is which?

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.

The Good The Bad and The Ugly - shoot don't talk

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

Constitutional principles trump any belief.

Without it, mob rule wins the day.

I know my position is not popular, but it is just.

In your reality, was Al Capone a simple tax evader?

Under rule of law, yes. He was nothing more than a tax evader. If you cannot prove he was guilty of anything else, there is nothing we can do.

If you disagree with that, you advocate for oppressive government.

The government and the law is not always right, but we can only go by what is provable.

We may not be able to criminally punish an individual due to the lack of proof. Though, on a personal decision level, one has to weigh all of the circumstances that have led to accusations. I would not trust a person who has 'multiple' accusations against them but they have never been convicted by the law. Common sense says that you would not let anyone accused of child or sexual abuse watch your child. Or a thief watch your possessions.

Seriously, I believe Hillary needs to be processed by the law of the land. I fully agree. I can not bet my life and country on her simply being an innocent victim over and over. If so, she would be actually be too stupid and naive to elect her as President of US. So, since the law is slow, common sense says, find someone else!

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

I note the following, from your source:

The current netblock was registered in June 2013, some four months after Clinton left the State Department. Whether or not she deployed the same level of sophistication in her internet affairs from 13 January 2009 when she first registered the clintonemail.com domain until 1 February 2013, when she stepped down from the job of America’s top diplomat, is not clear and continues to be the subject of considerable public debate.

They can't say what level of security it had when she was using it, and remember, Pagliano was not a cybersecurity expert; he was a sysadmin, there is a difference.

Precisely. They cannot say.

Jonathan Mayer, a computer scientist at Stanford University, said historical records provided some evidence that the server could have been located in the Clinton home near Chappaqua, New York. Later, either the server was physically moved or the data was rerouted. Mayer said it was impossible to tell from tests on the historical server whether it was well secured against hacker attack – a critical question given the sensitivity of Clinton’s role and the aggressiveness of the cyber threat from countries such as China. “It’s possible the server was well secured,” he said. “I’m not in a position to say, short of having access to the server itself.” Mayer added that speculation that Clinton had created a “homebrew” internet system was “plainly inaccurate”, at least when talking about the current configuration of the service. “The current system has been set up by somebody with some expertise in security who went out of their way to add protection,” he said.

Reasonable doubt. We have to have proof.

Anyone have that proof?

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Common sense says that you would not let anyone accused of child or sexual abuse watch your child.

That is bull#.

You are trying to invoke emotions related to the molestation of a child and relate it to email/internet/server crime yet to be judged.

Bad, bad form. That is uncalled for, no matter the political lean of the person in question.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Anyone have that proof?

That is not needed to indict.

It is needed for a conviction.
edit on b000000312016-05-08T20:02:41-05:0008America/ChicagoSun, 08 May 2016 20:02:41 -0500800000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

The stories of Guccifer having his doodles originally broke in 2013.

No one even had a clue as to who the hacker was at that time.

Gawker called him:

An Illuminati-obsessed hacker is breaking into the email accounts of Washington, D.C.'s political elite, and sharing what he finds. Who is Guccifer, and what's his motive?

And now we find out he was a cab driver?

He's and autodidact. I know, I am too.

I'm thinking there's a very good likelyhood he got them after she put in her stint at State.
edit on 8-5-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: fixed tag, hate tiny phone keyboard

edit on 8-5-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Anyone have that proof?

That is not needed to indict.

It is needed for a conviction.

No prosecutor would indict someone like Clinton without some sort of proof.

Reasonable doubt is a bitch.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Doesn't matter if they knew who he was at the time.

I'm thinking there's a very good likelyhood he got them after she put in her stint at State.

Your opinion is not enough to convict. We need evidence.
edit on 8-5-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Common sense says that you would not let anyone accused of child or sexual abuse watch your child.

That is bull#.

You are trying to invoke emotions related to the molestation of a child and relate it to email/internet/server crime yet to be judged.

Bad, bad form. That is uncalled for, no matter the political lean of the person in question.

Yes, I can only relate to my own life experiences. I used those examples. I noticed you did not respond to my point , how someone who is crying they are simply a victim of circumstance over and over...could possibly be considered a leader of anything? Naiveness and victim hood do not scream leader abilities to me. Do you want a victim or a strong leader for your president?

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Hey.
I'm the person who originally wrote the reddit post. I have been following this story closely for the last year.

Introvert, you seem to be unaware on how badly her server was protected.
I will point you to this post I made earlier in the day:
www.reddit.com...

Here are some great resources:

Clinton's server, which handled her personal and State Department correspondence, appeared to allow users to connect openly over the Internet to control it remotely, according to detailed records compiled in 2012. Experts said the Microsoft remote desktop service wasn't intended for such use without additional protective measures, and was the subject of U.S. government and industry warnings at the time over attacks from even low-skilled intruders.

The AP exclusively reviewed numerous records from an Internet "census" by an anonymous hacker-researcher, who three years ago used unsecured devices to scan hundreds of millions of Internet Protocol addresses for accessible doors, called "ports." Using a computer in Serbia, the hacker scanned Clinton's basement server in Chappaqua at least twice, in August and December 2012. It was unclear whether the hacker was aware the server belonged to Clinton, although it identified itself as providing email services for clintonemail.com. The results are widely available online.

Remote-access software allows users to control another computer from afar. The programs are usually operated through an encrypted connection — called a virtual private network, or VPN. But Clinton's system appeared to accept commands directly from the Internet without such protections.
In Clinton's case, Internet addresses the AP traced to her home in Chappaqua revealed open ports on three devices, including her email system. Each numbered port is commonly, but not always uniquely, associated with specific features or functions.

"That's total amateur hour," said Marc Maiffret, who has founded two cybersecurity companies. He said permitting remote-access connections directly over the Internet would be the result of someone choosing convenience over security or failing to understand the risks. "Real enterprise-class security, with teams dedicated to these things, would not do this," he said.

bigstory.ap.org...

Hillary Clinton's private email server containing tens of thousands of messages from her tenure as secretary of state — including more than 400 (2000) now considered classified — was the subject of hacking attempts from China, South Korea and Germany after she stepped down in 2013, according to Congressional investigators.
The attempted intrusions reported late Wednesday by AP were more direct attempts from abroad to gain unauthorized access to Clinton's server and did not rely on email messages. However, it is unclear whether they represented a concerted effort by one or more foreign intelligence services to access Clinton's data or if the efforts were part of the far more commonplace hacking on the internet.

www.politico.com...
edit on 8-5-2016 by NebraskaGunOwner because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Evidence had been gathered; the FBI has the Clinton server, multiple (4 I think) State Department servers, the off-site cloud backup by the company Hillary's people hired, and now they also have testimony from Abedin and others (some from multiple interviews).

What do you think will be next for them?

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
Man this is just a shame. If you're going to run a mail server, at least set it up properly. Is that too much to ask? Whatever ports you have open, monitor, rate limit, drop funky packets. Don't be a tool. When I was clueless first working on servers years ago now, I found my systems being overrun with people trying to crack in, and DDoSing because I was just that damned ignorant. The first server I had logged some 40k attempts to crack my root password within a 48hr period. Don't be an idiot, just cause you can doesn't mean you should. Get a pro to set it up if it's going to have anything at all that's worth it stored within, or running on top of.

might want to tell that to Benghazi committee chairman and current republican congressman Trey Gowdy.....he was still using his last year...
www.dailynewsbin.com...

apparently it's ok for him to do it

Hmm. Daily News Bin. Did a quick search . All link back to a NPR "article" . No major news outlets that I can find.
With the current admin , dont you think if there were anything of merit Gowdy would be placed in the same position as Hillary ? They would be all over that.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Your comparison is disgusting.

Politics and child molestation are two very separate issues and I denounce any such comparison.

We can easily dismiss the claims of political victimization, but we cannot do the same for acts against a child.

Complete bull#.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: NebraskaGunOwner

Welcome to ATS!
The reddit post you wrote and included in your post above is exceptional! Thank you.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Welcome to ATS!
The reddit post you wrote and included in your post above is exceptional! Thank you.

2nd the welcome !!

Welcome !!

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Greetings and welcome to ATS!

I sure hope you stick around, I have a feeling you'd be a great contributor among the many fantastic authors we have hereabouts.

Thank you for bringing that information over!
edit on 8-5-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join