It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Biggest Distortion in Religion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Is that God favors individual sectarian believers. The Islamists for instance are absolutely wrong in their idea that God favors them above others, as well the false ideas of some Jews and Christian fundamentalists who also hold this idea God favors them.

So if one is merely a formal confessor to any religion and practices superficial actions of faith that doesn’t in the least put them near God, or in the least have God favoring them because of that faith.

What God would favor, for instance, is a Muslim as a verb, not as a noun, that is a huge difference.

Noun is a designation of a person, place or thing.

Verb means one of actions

A verb is one who lives peace, based on universal law of God. That could be anyone from a Muslim to an atheists or one of any religion or no religion at all.

As well a Christ-like person transcends Christian as a noun, meaning a formal one who has adapted in word that faith.

The Quran when it speaks of Muslims it is primarily, imo, referring to the Muslim as verb not noun. In fact the Quran says explicitly that a believer is NOT a Muslim until they are actually practicing the faith, in other words are a Muslim in noun AND verb. Belief and action.

The dangerous fallacy in these religions fostered by the clerics in each of them has wrought havoc on religion and basically rendered it more dangerous overall than helpful to humanity

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Ha ha ha, favourites I like that one. We sure like to project how we see God, eventually we might get over it. I certainly am over all that, thank God!a reply to: Willtell

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Mortal Religions have no balance on this planet you have two men and a spirit with no Woman.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I agree that it is a problem when people believe that a god would grant them favors simply because they have a strong belief that it exists. But i think that the biggest scam is that god exists. All of the Problems go away when you realise that religious people imprint their own wants, needs, and standards, onto their concept of what a god should be.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

GOD would prefer one thing as likely as you'd profess a preference for one of your lungs.

How in the world would GOD have any kind of preference for a component of HIM/HERSELF? Just wondering.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
What if... Just what IF... God has created this world with no intentions of being worshipped.

And what if the worship of a God is what humans do to avoid seeing the incredible potential in themselves?

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

God Bless America

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ImmortalLegend527

Mortal Religions have no balance on this planet you have two men and a spirit with no Woman.

You do realize there are more religions than the Abrahamic ones, right? Many do have that balance.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
But...but...how can people elevate themselves to positions of religious control if they can't tell the masses that God is strictly on their side and not the enemies?
It's too difficult! 'Cause then all sorts of craziness happens, like the view that an infallible creator is okay with all sorts of faiths and perspectives and that the privilege of mankind is to find for ourselves our place in the cosmos. Suddenly we're all getting along. Which is terrible!

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
The dangerous fallacy in these religions fostered by the clerics in each of them has wrought havoc on religion and basically rendered it more dangerous overall than helpful to humanity

Clerics are only the public layer.

The banksters that give financial backing need to be drawn in as well.
Then there is the 13 elitist blood-line families that started this mess.

And lets not forget all of the fallen angels as well.

And too think that for a spirit to move on from this Prison Planet, that spirit must hold no grudges against any of those mentioned above. hmmmm

Now there is a challenge that many mortals cannot comprehend. Too think that God allowed all of this mess to happen because of His Grand Universal plan.
edit on 8-5-2016 by Rapha because: Spelling

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

God favors those who practice the faith, not those who say I believe and then continue to live like they do not. The same fundemtal message can be found in all the scriptures. The prophets themselves quote previous prophets.

Is it not more likely that all the prophets who taught unity through faith in One God were correct and the clergy that teach one book are wrong?
edit on 8-5-2016 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

No problem believing in God....its organized religion that's ridiculous.

I just know He/She/They/Them/It/....GOD....has to have a sense of humor.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
There are no atheists in a foxhole.

All religion on this planet and the concept of God (however you define it) are made by humans.

“Civilization will not attain to its perfection until the last stone from the last church falls on the last priest.”
―Emile Zola

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Trying to be more chosen than others only creates duality and ego. Souls that are very narcissistic become power hungry create a power pyramid or push to the top in a existing one and others souls on the bottom whitewash the insanity of the group/system.

It is true with the school bully that manipulate his peers, the feudalistic system of this world, the theocracies, as in the current fascist systems in the west, in it's corporatism form where democracy is more an faith driven illusion than a reality, where the journalists are the new clergy in the power pyramid.

Follow the golden rule is all that is required. There is no greater prayer than right action and responsibility from my point of view. But many religions are a deviation from that including Judaism, Islam, Christian faith.

I wish it was not so. Would have been so much easier if Paul and Muhammad where more spiritually advanced. The corruption is clear to see for those who open their Eye.

But seeing this corruption is both a curse and a blessing. Your way Willtell of seeing Muhammad seem more beautiful than seeing the flaws that darkens thru. I hope you can create a new improved view of your Prophet that becomes a blessing on all humanity that is disconnected from the historical Muhammad. So that coexistence is possible and suffering is minimized on all souls.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unresponsible
But...but...how can people elevate themselves to positions of religious control if they can't tell the masses that God is strictly on their side and not the enemies?
It's too difficult! 'Cause then all sorts of craziness happens, like the view that an infallible creator is okay with all sorts of faiths and perspectives and that the privilege of mankind is to find for ourselves our place in the cosmos. Suddenly we're all getting along. Which is terrible!

If you are a corruption then it is terrible yes. You cannot create genocide if we do not have duality of opposing sides. The corruption playing all sides in the duallities to cause as much suffering as possible.

Humanity evolved creating the highest spiritual potential with all the secrets revealed in plain sight would remove the possibility for this insanity.

edit on 8-5-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

That's the point I'm making.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

Too think that God allowed all of this mess to happen because of His Grand Universal plan.

If it was not so there would have been more direct intervention. This is an in between.

Looking at the big picture in between:s are needed for testing. But that is little comfort when you are suffering. But if humanity pull it off it can be more than in between.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
The only favour God has given is given to all men, and it is this,

John 3:16-18For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
that is the simplicity that is in Christ Jesus
edit on 8-5-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

God favors those who practice the faith, not those who say I believe and then continue to live like they do not. The same fundemtal message can be found in all the scriptures. The prophets themselves quote previous prophets.

Is it not more likely that all the prophets who taught unity through faith in One God were correct and the clergy that teach one book are wrong?
So i guess your life is perfect huh? If god favors those who believe the most, then you must live in a paradise right? Or no? Do you still have all the same problems as everyone else?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

I agree that it is a problem when people believe that a god would grant them favors simply because they have a strong belief that it exists. But i think that the biggest scam is that god exists. All of the Problems go away when you realise that religious people imprint their own wants, needs, and standards, onto their concept of what a god should be.

Yes, the base core of all religion is elitism with the believer making a God in their own image while propagating what THEY believe is truth.If even one of them knew the truth their religion may be true however none of them are even close to knowing objective truth because it is ALL subjective belief.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join