It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tannerite

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: sg1642

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: EternalShadow
Tannerite is 95% ammonium nitrate / 5% aluminum powder.

There's something you can probably buy near you, add to that, and have a REALLY fun time.

You can transform a pound of tannerite into a pound of fun, going from a weak heaving charge into something with enough brisance to cut steel, with one somewhat common additive.

I'm actually sort of surprised that no one does this, it's taught at 'blowing up people and stuff school' as an improvised explosive.

Iron oxide?

Nah. If I get home in August, I'll fire off a pound of modified Tannerite and a pound of stock, and post it.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: sg1642

I'm calling BS....the bronco was the nicest ride in town.....and the tires look great!

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mrgone
You don't understand it + it scares you = Terrerists?

My avatar is of me on the range setting off explosives in 1992. I was taught how to make all sorts of things go boom by the world's biggest terrorist organization... the US government.

Relax, Francis. Just because you are scared doesn't make it an ied

I dont think that's a very fair reply.. Just because you were taught how to make explosives doesn't make a diddly squat difference to the point the OP was making..

You dont need much of this stuff and its legal/freely available.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   

What a perfect opportunity for some self serving Politician to make a name for himself to ban this stuff in case the ''Terrorists ''start using it ,meanwhile the same Politician will back Muslim Immigration and and attack anyone who displays an Anti ,Racist attitude toward them ,while they continue on their immigration jihad ,to make the World Muslim !!!!

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   

1) Do not set off 100 lbs of the stuff next to nuclear power plant ........

archive.kare11.com...

2) Do not be on probation when you do so,,,,,,,

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

originally posted by: Mrgone
You don't understand it + it scares you = Terrerists?

My avatar is of me on the range setting off explosives in 1992. I was taught how to make all sorts of things go boom by the world's biggest terrorist organization... the US government.

Relax, Francis. Just because you are scared doesn't make it an ied

I dont think that's a very fair reply.. Just because you were taught how to make explosives doesn't make a diddly squat difference to the point the OP was making..

You dont need much of this stuff and its legal/freely available.

I wouldn't take much notice. He's mistaken if he thinks he's the only one who's made things go bang. If he feels the need to point it out to strangers then that's his problem. But yes the point remains. Isnt this a subject that has been raised before? All you need is a few lbs of that a container and some shipyard confetti and people are losing limbs. Someone pointed out it's designed to be set off via a bullet but it can be set off with very primitive homemade fuses.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

originally posted by: CraftBuilder
Is there evidence that terrorists have ever used it or acquired it for use? That was a pretty woosy blast for 30 pounds.

Not tannerite itself, but the components, yes. Tannerite is 95% ammonium nitrate / 5% aluminum powder.
I'm sure those that are informed can name a couple of incidents where ammonium nitrate was involved.

It has a little boost with some ammonium perchlorate, and some Zr components to help it along. By better balancing the oxidants and reductants, a bigger bang may be had but sensitivity may suffer.

Any chemist can make much better explosives with readily available materials and minimal lab equipment.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

No, there was an accident about twenty five miles from here. I guess the guy died but I can't find anything about it anymore. It was in our newspaper and on TV but it appears not everything stays on the internet forever. I can't find any articles about it anymore.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I think you'd be surprised, and not a little paranoid, if you realized just what purchases are tracked by law enforcement agencies.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join