It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists are baffled Earth should be part of an intelligent extraterrestrial community

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viendin

and the Rapture.. it's when they come to pick up everyone who did well, and leave the rest of us

I thought about that when I got a letter saying my name was one of over 100,000 names put on a chip and sent to Mars as part of the first rover mission. What if there are aliens up there and they ever come looking for those that invaded their territory? I guess I could argue with the aliens that he moved (just some guy with my name) if they don't beam me up for an interrogation first.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Oh!Finally scientist are realising that alien's existence is a possibillity though i believe they probably knew this already and keeping it a hush-hush situation.Moreover,it seems a little awkward that only now they're starting to officially proposing it as a possibillity.My opinion is that this scientist are part of some major secret government project to introduce the humans to extraterrestrial life through baby steps.

After this maybe they'll tell the public they that saw some new alien civilisation and start making a big fuss on how their guess was true whereas they knew it was there all along.Well,that my comment.Peace!

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Got it and thanks. Now the question is, do we have one right now?

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
It would be really strange if the day comes that you see on the news some kind of ET shaking hands with bush or powell or sombody.

I find it hard to believe with all the space out there, and what our situation here is about that we're the only ones.
Reading this article I am trying to envision having the freedom to go and visit the ET's in their civilisation. Imagine spending a few weeks in an alien hotel of some sorts. If what we percieve to be ET's and what we've come to believe how they traverse our atmosphere, they must truely have an amazing civilisation.
I would nt think twice about taking the trip to see and learn about stuff they already know. could we even survive where they do?

I once said before, what a burden it is having to shove nutrients in my mouth to survive, what if the ET' dont have to eat ever..maybe they pull everything they need out of the atmosphere, or they create forms of nutrients with raw atoms like in the jetsons

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I believe the universe is large enough to make up for even the remotest change of alien civilisations.

However they probably have to deal with the same limitations as us, the huge distances and the speed of light barrier, SO it's not like I believe all those dudes that claim to be abducted on a weekly basis by alien motherships...

I believe that instead of finding a faster than light solution, we will ultimately colonise other stars, by simply growing towards them in the cource of tenthousands of years, using all those millions of Kuyper belt and Oort cloud objects out there to supply the ores and the energy for the expansion.

The Oort cloud is like having waterholes to cross the interstellar dessert, I would expect that other stars have them also.

[edit on 16-1-2005 by Countermeasures]

[edit on 16-1-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I really wish we could know one way or the other. But I really doubt that in my lifetime we will have become in open communcation with other life from other worlds.

In recent news the UK's MOD will have to release files that have been kept in secracy. UFO related files will obviously be included. The bad news is that it has been reported that the MOD with the news of the upcoming Freedom of INformation, are now busily shredding files. And we can do nothing to stop it.

Myself, I doubt aliens will show themselves on mass untillwe have stopped creating wars. I think they will wait untill we have "grown up".

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   
* sniff... sniff...*

I smell conspiracy here. I think these information released by Space. com are just top of the iceberg.
Something has changed lately, and public will be hearing more and more this sort of "news".

I'm not quite sure of the results yet, but I see new patterns emerging - so I'm getting into research about that -as soon I get some conclusive info, I will post it here...

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
The final incident that unites most of the world under 1 tent.

Aliens are a reality and have been for 1000s of years.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I missed this thread, but saw this article on MSNBC www.msnbc.msn.com...

I love it!
Even thought the theory is old, and nothing that isn't rehashed here everyday, it's great to see such reputable sites such as Space.com and MSNBC.com pick these stories up. It's becoming more and more common to see these kinds of articles come out every week. And not just on "Rense" or some other not-so-mainstream sites. IMO, I see these kinds of articles coming out very often in the future.

If India truly does have evidence of EB's and are threatening to reveal them, then it would make sense for the US to get their ducks in a row so that we seem like we are not out of the "ET Loop". We wouldn't want India, or some other nation to be the only country in the world to declare that they are in contact with ET's. That would make it seem like we aren't powerful enough for ET's to want to come to us. But, this is sorta just my wishful thinking, and is a bit off track from the topic. Nonetheless, a great article and another good step in the right direction towards disclosure.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apoc
Hey I played Half Life 2. I don't want to be a part of any Combine!

Hahaha

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
maybe this all is getting us prepared for the disclosure which is soon going to happen.

first tv programmes radio shows about it then scientist acknowledging the possiblity and then governement acknowledge then disclosure leading to contact the official way.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4

Myself, I doubt aliens will show themselves on mass untillwe have stopped creating wars. I think they will wait untill we have "grown up".

Agreed. IMO if such an advanced alien race came to earth I would think they would make a big X on the planet saying stay the f*** away from these people.
If we can not get along with each other how can we get along with an alien race?
That's not to say they haven't been here looking

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Scientists are baffled Earth should be part of an intelligent extraterrestrial community

Well, there's a good chance they can get our tv transmissions, and no doubt they saw the results of last November's elections. I'm pretty sure they concluded we simply aren't ready yet...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join