It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists are baffled Earth should be part of an intelligent extraterrestrial community

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Scientists are taking another look at the idea of extraterrestrial visitations. Everything they know tells them an alien presence should already be around us. We are part of a much larger ET community that most likely already knows about Earth. Our own milky way has the potential to house ET in more than system, i.e. Fermi's Paradox.

Here is the link from Space.com:

space.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
These scientists, or at least some of them, already know the reason why its publicly assumed that no ETs are coming here. They are part of the cover up of it themselves. The multitude of evidence for the existence of UFOs and continued government denials in light of these incidents are reason enough for any self respecting scientist to doubt the official explanations on whether or not ETs are here or not. Hopefully this article actually does mean that some scientists aren't so gullible as to be taken in by the lies of their own colleagues and the governments that suppress the evidence.

[edit on 14-1-2005 by Frith]

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I would like to think that we are not alone out here in the big nothing. It would seem to me that with all the evidence ointing to ET's that they are out there. I have been wondering lately if we arn't being prepared for it. There has been an increase in sightings all over the world. There have been an increase in media intrest all over the world, and now we have scientest suggesting that we SHOULD be amoung the many ET sudivisions out there. I wish they would land already and get it over with.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I agree! This isn't startlingly orginal, but when we have legitimate scientists looking into the evidence it stands to go alot farther than anything the UFOlogists can come up with. Especially when we bring up the idea of past visits through out the evolution of mankind.

Landing on Titan today, just makes this seem very apro po.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Of all the planets we've observed, near or far; visited either physically or robotically, they all pale in comparison to our blue ball.

So if there are others out there, I understand their desire to come here.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Hey I played Half Life 2. I don't want to be a part of any Combine!

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
One of the authors of that article, Bruce Maccabee, has been active in the ufo community for a long time, but that should be common knowledge. I don't know about the others. I think it's good that their article didn't get ridiculed by space.com. That's always a start.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
My guess would be if there is a confirm agreement within the Science spectrim, that would offer a lidgit reason to to put it on National news, It would offer more proof for the masses, then the term Ufologists proclaiming this. A step has been taken for more to listen in this forum. If that is the reason now for their opinions to surface. Their are many now that wish to confess, but will be scared to do so.. Unlike ourselfs of course.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
It's going to be a tough fight to get any real studies done. Look what happened to Galileo. We really haven't moved our mindset beyond that kind of skeptical thought much. Cool article though. We are making small steps. It's amazing that this article was published at all.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Personally, I think we are in the processing of withnessing a shift in midnset from "old" to "new." For instance, mainstream astronomy now accepts with near certainty the abundant existence of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe. Quantum physics now teaches of string theory and postulates the existence of 11 dimensions in "this" universe.

A mathematician myself, I am 35, and grew up with Speilberg's Close Encounters and E.T. My generation grew up with Star Wars and old reruns of Star Trek. And it is now my generation beginning to assume leadership roles in accedamia and industry, positions of influence from which one can more easily affect change.

I would not be at all surprised if we see this trend continue. Sooner or later, the "old guard" finally dies off, and with it its old mindset, in its place a new generation with new ideas.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Nice article
I hope more and more scientists will wake up, throw away their humanity ego, and start studying seriously ufos. And as people really trust scientists, that could also change people's stupid mass-media formatted mind about ufos.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Probably the aliens are interested in us, that's why they are here. But is the Earth really ours?!

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   

It might even be possible to get around the speed of light limit by moving in and out of these dimensions.

I thought this statement was interesting. Would explain why ufo's just seem to appear out of nowhere then suddenly disappear again wouldn't it? (seemingly instantaneous velocity)

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdrumrunner

A mathematician myself, I am 35, and grew up with Speilberg's Close Encounters and E.T. My generation grew up with Star Wars and old reruns of Star Trek.

Ahhhhh, those were the days. They just dont make movies like "Wrath of Kahn" any more

And it is now my generation beginning to assume leadership roles in accedamia and industry, positions of influence from which one can more easily affect change.

There is some new potential coming into the light now. Some young and trying to make a change. Obama is one of them. We need more of these guys in office. The old elitest that hold the power will never release the secrets that are kept from us. They never have, and I dont see it happenning any time soon.

All I want is full disclosure. Im not asking for much am I?

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
This is an interesting development. Space.com is a "mainstream" science site. For it to have an article that doesn't ridicule the UFO phenomenon is surprising. I wonder if anything will come of this?

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
You certainly aren't.

Considering that your government is supposed to be your tool to ensure that corruption does not take place, and that the public benefits to the maximum extent, that they are withholding information from the people they are gathering information for - full disclosure is not too much at all.

The very fact that it is something not had is insane. It's ludicrous.

Things will have to change.

After reading that article, all I can say is that it's about damn time.

Looking at the numerous sources of ancient-historical evidence, the frequent evidences supported these days, the logic and the math of it, the coincidences add up too often to just say "Not happening."

You should only read the following if you actually want to believe this, I won't bother to post back in a big argument or anything, and admit that there are numerous holes in what I'm saying. I'm no expert on the topic, just an interested layman, and I've left logical fallacies about, in addition to those already present. What I say is simply what I've heard, read, and seen, and I feel like it points in a certain direction regardless of any holes in logic. Read on if you are interested...

1) That crazy Biblical book, Ezekiel or someodd. It's a book that was originally in the bible, but was later dropped, due to some suspicion as to whether it was entirely true. Throughout it, Ezekiel's encounter with God and his angels is depicted, but upon inspection with today's technological knowledge, God's craft starts to seem like a mix between a Saucer-UFO and a Helicopter. It screams at him with a metallic voice, and shoots occasional spurts of fire. It speaks to him, teaches him things, he is held under an incredibly bright light as numerous angels of a strange and nonhuman, but familiar, sort come and speak to him, and as they then leave, and the encounter ends as quickly as it began.

2) The old Indian tales. This isn't Native Americans, I mean real Indians. I'm not sure on this one - as opposed to seeing a documentary or a number of sources, I've just heard this one orally a number of times, as well as seen it on a site or two. There are supposedly tales of gigantic fights that took place in the sky, long, long ago. Of tremendous explosions and invisible craft, of sonic booms and wars fought by giants. These things were not named directly of course, and there is room for interpretation, but there are flying things that shot other flying things that collided with invisible flying things and sent fire blooming with a great loud noise - roughly. It was quite convincing, but I'd be hard pressed to find it again.

3) Sumer. The Sumerians are _the_ original civilisation. We accredit them with government, writing, mathematics, law, almost everything we rely on. Hammurabi's Code - that's law. Right there, that's the first solid law we'd ever known of. Know who the Sumerians say where their providers? Who they learned from, and where this came from? Giant Priests. Of the Sky.

Yes, according to the people who created civilisation, they were given the gift of civilisation by Giant Priests that descended from Temples in the Sky.

Damn, that's convincing.

4) The Pyramids, Stone Henge, Mexican Pyramids, Mayan Ruins, American Stone Henge, and various other astronomically based megalithic structures of the ancient world all correlate towards similar groups of stars. They aim at things that were quite directly related to each other - and many of these are still unkown in their methods of construction.

5) Across the world are cave paintings, old open caves, ruined mounds, etc... Local towns and communities often have their own folk legends on the creation of these places, and the two most common consensuses are Giants, and Aliens.

6) Many biblical stories claim giants to have lived. 196,000 Giants were apparently lost in Noah's Flood. Whatever the hell that means.

7) Many aforementioned megalithic structures make amazing pictures seen from the sky, but we only really found this out in the last 100 years. Before then, they were just oddities. With generally no overlooking hills, and miles-long spans, these structures have to have taken SOME sort of view from overhead to properly co-ordinate, or the Native Americans had many, many artistic geniuses with massive amounts of time and creative power at their free disposal.

8) Heaven and Hell. A long time ago, a Star Trek episode struck me. I'd briefly thought of the problem found in it, but it set me thinking again. In the episode, Captain Picard accidentally made contact with a very primitive civilisation, and they took him to be a god. He ended up giving them a rough guide line on how to live their lives, and would really have started religion off with a bang for them.

Well, what if it happened to us?

Some logical being (or race) stumbles upon the earth, demonstrates their great powers, we put our faith in them, and their forced to say something to us that will shape our minds for millenia.

"Good - being good to each other, by not killing each other, not stealing from each other, not hating each other, etc... Will allow you to advance to where we are, you will become like us, in the skies.
Bad - being bad to each other, killing, stealing, hating, etc... Will force you to continue these primitive rituals of burial, and force you to be grounded here, on the earth, down.

Good, Up, Sky. Bad, Down, Here."

A loose analog to 'Telephone' over 1000's of years brings us:

Ten Commandments:

Thou Shalt Not Kill
Thou Shalt Not Steal
etc...

If you follow those and be good, you'll go to heaven and be with god, if you forget them and be bad, you'll go to Hell.

This one, for the sheer simplicity and sense that it makes, is my favourite.

To conclude, for the reasons listed above (and others that I'm quite sure I haven't managed to remember) the idea of extra terrestrial visitation from long, long ago straight up to now seems quite likely to me, and is almost a surety. It's just a question of when they'll officially reveal themselves or we'll find rock-solid evidence of it for everyone on earth to see. Considering our present mindset, our exponentially advancing technology, and our incredibly backwards social structure and ecological state, I think they'll have to step in soon if they want us to succeed. We'll see.

Looking at it from this point of view, the idea of the Apocalypse and the Rapture.. it's when they come to pick up everyone who did well, and leave the rest of us poor bastards here to rot.

That's my .. 78 or so cents, by now. Sorry to keep you listening beyond my due.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   
The establishment of science today, for so long, has mimiced the dogma of the old church. We have simply replace the church with science, which like the old church, persecuted anyone who challenged their age old precious doctrines. When science was being rediscovered, the church attacked anyone who dared challenge their beliefs.

Science does the same today, with people who are on the cutting edge, people who challenge the boundaries of what is comfortable science. Those people are ridiculed, rejected, ect. They are the Gallileos, Da Vincis, and Martin Luthers of our time.

Perhaps we are going to see the Reformation of the scientific community as its own foundation will soon be shook, and scoentists shall have to re examine their core philosophies of the scientific method, its limitation, and how they must think new and beyond the box if science and human development are to continue.

Great article, thank you for sharing.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I am a little confused on the space travel by sublight speed jumping from point a to b. Can anyone give me a link,or try to explain it a little better.
Thanks

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
that link was really interesting, thanks for that.

I notice that String Theory has, again, opened the doors to our consciousness in the fields of Science.

Since the idea of string theory was put forward, all the "impossible" things are becoming theoretically possible, it has been a key in a lock, and the door is opening.

I have seen definitive proof for myself of a UFO close at hand, I don't doubt the technology exists.

i can't prove it to you, but it gives me courage in my convictions.

the Multi-Dimensional Universe is within you and without you...

String Theory blows my mind, The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene is a 3 part t.v. show and a book you want to track down.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ancientsailor
I am a little confused on the space travel by sublight speed jumping from point a to b. Can anyone give me a link,or try to explain it a little better.
Thanks

Well, there is the theory that space and time can be folded.

Example. Take a rubber membrane, stretch it over a large frame so its very tight. That represents space/time. Take an ant. Let him walk across this membrane. It will take him a very long time to get from one side of the frame to the other if he simply walks with hif feet along the untouched membrane.

Now, put a bowling ball in the middle of the frame. The weight and mass of the bowling ball will pull the membrane shorter, allowing a shorter distance over which the ant can walk, and thus, make it to the other side of the frame.

The bowling ball represents intense gravitational force. Einstein believed gravity could bend space and time, that any planet or mass actually warped space and time. If one could create technology to actually generate a huge gravitational mass, an artifical one, one could bend space, createing shorter distances between two points. The gravity would pull point a and be cloer, making it easier to get there.

A better example of it would be to take the same ant and put him on a string. if you leave the string stretched out and flat, it will take the ant a long time to walk the distance, but if you took the string in your hand, and folded the center, you create a shorter walking distance for the ant.

Does that make sense?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join