It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we Rely too much on Hollywood Propoganda in its Films for our Reasoning?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I know your work!!! It's awesome. It's sad when Hollywood wants to buy your screenplay and take control!

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

I know your work!!! It's awesome. It's sad when Hollywood wants to buy your screenplay and take control!

Thanks!!

I've decided it's the big shows for me as crew, but still hoping for auditions. Fantastic community and good $$$.

as to the question...

Is Hollywood a propaganda machine, social/culture manipulators....I don't know.

But it's obviously about making money. They research what the public wants and they give it to em.

TV on the other hand is the control mechanism imo....
edit on 8-5-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Don't get me wrong I love horror and Sci fi, they are my preferred genres but not all I watch by a long chalk.

What I am noticing is is not the watching of horror then a nightmare to follow, its that young people are referencing films as their reference and using films to make their judgements on rather than researching facts and that is what bothers me. If you look through some threads here and elsewhere more people are referring to films they have seen as though the film is the authority.
edit on 8-5-2016 by Shiloh7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: boncho

Ursula Haverbeck gives the facts that only the brave choose to when they try to buck the propaganda machine and expose not the fiction that is reinforced through Hollywood, its moguls and those who work to infiltrate every medium people learn from and ultimately those who have got themselves into positions of ultimate power throughout the world. I am not commenting on the deaths from those camps because until we get the actual facts concerning the many different peoples who did die there she does have a right to comment. But this is only one facet opt Hollywood's attempts to manipulate the world view.

(Incidentally I did read about another man who checked the walls for signs of gas , found none and questioned this, but literally had his livelihoods and reputation destroyed. I can't remember who it was though). However its a long time ago and not what this thread is about generally.,(although I suspect that people are looking into a lot of what she has said and we know that anyone who questions the gas chambers as being showers can be destroyed by the machinery put in place to get rid of them, it is time the numbers and exactly what happened and also should come up for discussion, especially for the German people but that is their choice which I presume Ursula is trying to give them. However the PC lobby has started to think about respecting all those who died, not just one group but we have a number of genocideswhich Hollywood doesn't seem that interested in.

I think though it has moved on to currently protect the bankers and their usury against anyone whose religion doesn't protect them against this exploitation. We all see the damage it has done, using one example e.g. the housing market where peoples dreams, because they have been exploited by the bankers, have been destroyed. This however isn't quite where Hollywood has focused, albeit it would have made some very good films , except not the propaganda that the Elite want.

Heavens forbid that the men controlling the banks and central banks ever face charges in a Hollywood film. That would be a propaganda message many would be delighted to see because it meant justice existed (or at least was in the offing) for the worst perpetrators of fraud. I appreciate this is the emotive side of hollywood and getting slightly off the way I had hoped this thread would go. But its still pertinent to hollywood manipulation.

Hollywood gives u fils that promote values that are not worth the time we take to watch them, even if the special effects are superlative. Once buying into the special effects and accepting them as real for some people is this a dangerous thing?

edit on 8-5-2016 by Shiloh7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientthunder

Sadly you are talking-to someone who is older than Scooby do and Pink Pantha - not that `i didn't thoroughly enjoy them all. How about Bill and Ben and Muffin the Mule? Nothing mean there just fun.

Perhaps you have identified something that bothers me very sadly and that is that I see my sons in their mid 30's and late 20's as not enjoying themselves like my generation did. We didn''t have the worries to tow the line that they live by and that and anything that promotes that way of living annoys me because we work and pay the bills and are entitled to the benefits of our work which has been hijacked away from us and films are making us accept this world which is not the world we are working for. Too much is being taken from the world today by too few.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

This is the point though are they researching to give the public what the public want or are they giving the public what They want in order to manipulate l people's thoughts and behaviour? Very deep but a point I am wondering about because life even in the 1990s wasn't so controlled as it is today.

Prime example people are too afraid to protest against what they know is wrong because if they get a bad report for work and it affects their salary/wages their Experion Report will be affected - talk about total control. A example of this is our accept ions of Experiion prig into our lives and finances without our permission, yet it governs what we can do financially as an authority. (Just linking into our world today and the effect of Hollywoods's quiet promotion of our acquiescent into our accepting this control over our lives.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

To build on that, go to the bookstore and check out the Young Adult section. It is almost all apocalyptic, dystopian stuff these days, and what isn't that is supernatural urban fantasy - warring/romancing vampires, werewolves and demons.

And from my job, I can tell you that Young Adult fiction is all the rage, even with adults these days. Book clubs for it are popular.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Yes, I've noticed the same. The horror film reference was just an analogy. I watched Alice in Wonderland with Johnny Depp and that night I had the Mad Hatter chasing me around in my dreams.

Its true...and sad that motion pictures....and YouTube are taken as fact and cited as references.In some cases, fine....in others, its just user generated maybe true maybe not content cited as true.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Its escapism on a huge, huge scale today and almost as though we are being prepared in the west for war on our shores again with many of the films and books.

I admit to having loved (and still do) sci fy and horror even before a teen, but I read a lot of other genres also but I noticed with one of my sons who works 6 days a week his time is so limited and orientated around work that he does'[t have time, except to crash and watch a film before bed to spread his interests in his life. Now this is a totally different lifestyle than the one my generation had. Yes in order to get our mortgages or other things often we did work 6/7 days a week, but not as a normal thing. Today to pay his bills which are purely living bills and Netflix etc he is having to work 6 days a week. Its a change in lifestyle which has directly impacted on what he takes in intellectually outside of work.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join