It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meth, Murder, and the DEA's Mysterious Deal With the 'Most Dangerous Man in the World'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Incredible story, one of the most interesting I have read in ages. You keep thinking that there is no way it could get more bizarre, then astonished to find how surprised your are. I'll give a few paragraphs but nothing could do it justice, so I implore you to read the whole story as so many questions surface from it.

The court records speak volumes, but leave many questions unanswered — in part because dozens of documents have been filed under seal. What is publicly available paints a picture of Le Roux as a swashbuckling international criminal mastermind. Beyond drugs and guns, Le Roux was allegedly involved in arming a militia in Somalia, illicit gold smuggling in West Africa, harvesting exotic timber in the South Pacific, money laundering, and the development of encryption software.

The government's reluctance to discuss its deal with Le Roux, combined with his apparent role setting up his former associates, raises troubling questions about how far US agents are willing to go in order to make high-profile cases. While it's common for investigators to turn suspects facing charges into informants in exchange for leniency, they typically work their up to the top of a criminal organization — it's rare to use the boss to set up underlings.

vice news

Stories involving private contractor companies,an ex Israeli spy, and anything else from every crazy action movie.

Interested to hear takes on this as a lot of unanswered questions will surely bring the ATS community go some diverse theories.

It's a long read but most people on this site will love every paragraph.

edit on 8-5-2016 by CriticalStinker because: Spelling correction

edit on 8-5-2016 by CriticalStinker because: Link fix

edit on 8-5-2016 by CriticalStinker because: Link fix

edit on 8-5-2016 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Broken link...need to remove the symbols from the word "coc aine" in the URL. Great link though

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: elliotmtl

It won't allow me to post the correct link

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Yeah I realized that after I typed the word in my reply and it forced a space there. If you wanted to give people a working link then you could probably set up a free URL forward (TinyURL etc) but I'm assuming people here are smart enough to figure it out...mostly

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   

You can cut and paste this:

Meth, Murder, and the DEA's Mysterious Deal With the 'Most Dangerous Man in the World'

IMHO, when the government seals evidence, its usually because theyre trying to hide their own criminal activity.

Or its because they are dealing with someone who has a lot of high powered connections.

Doron Zvi Shulman and his boss Paul Calder Le Roux.

(The source can also be found by searching the following: "Young Aussie’s descent into underworld hell", but it will only allow you to view it once before asking you to subscribe)

Always seems like its these "counter terrorism" guys who are in the best position to carry out (false flag) terrorist attacks.

Shulman, 28, a joint Australian-Israeli passport holder plead guilty last year to laundering millions in gold bars, silver grain and diamonds on behalf of a world-wide guns, drugs and assassination empire.

And the judge who sentenced Shulman didn’t believe a word of it.

He considered Shulman played the most “significant and pivotal role” of all the Israelis.

Shulman, serving in Duvdevan, Israel’s fiercest counter-terror squad, was looking at a much more serious crime than laundering money: it appears he was also storing 24 tonnes of ammonia nitrate explosive – used with such devastating effect in Bali, in 2002 – for Le Roux in a Hong Kong warehouse.

edit on 8-5-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Nice digging. This story really stuck out to me, and I have a feeling I will be finding little crumbs years down the road far past the attention span of the masses who will have never even read this story Haha.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Vice write some of the best articles going; it's real investigative journalism

It strikes me that La Roux will have lots of money and assets across the world. The deal appears to keep him a free man and to hell with the consequences of allegedly having innocent people murdered. Between Vice and NYT he's got to be looking at a very short life and a brutal end.

South American cartels just love informants! As Hunter stupidly says, 'We only kill bad guys.' I guess it won't matter then when La Roux is treated in the same way he treated others.

I genuinely understand the value of deals and 'trusted informants.' Still, it sometimes seems that we are lenient with powerful people and pedantic with the little guys. A dealer of a kg of coke or meth would face most of their life in prison; same for a petty street dealer. A guy like La Roux facilitates the supply of thousands of tons of coke and meth and gets the 'get out of jail' card.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

I genuinely understand the value of deals and 'trusted informants.' Still, it sometimes seems that we are lenient with powerful people and pedantic with the little guys. A dealer of a kg of coke or meth would face most of their life in prison; same for a petty street dealer. A guy like La Roux facilitates the supply of thousands of tons of coke and meth and gets the 'get out of jail' card.

Kind of makes you wonder how a programmer got all those skill sets on his own and how he made it so long "off the radar"

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
That was a long but very good article

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Sometimes the non fiction defies the imagination, this is one of those rare instances.

new topics

top topics

join