It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death is the ultimate teacher

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
a reply to: ClownFish

Don't get out ya pram and re read what I said before your judgemental getting on the PC bandwagon flies off downhill and out of control.

I wasn't judging. I was supporting what I thought was respect by you, for him.

My apologies.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: malevolent

That's it, but you make your own mind up. Although not Catholic I was party educated through that filter. However as religion had always interested me I decided to research as much as I could and also because one's belief system governs ones life and I think not to research what you have been told is opting out through blind acceptance and we wen't given the brains we have for intellectual blindness IMHO.

Once i found out that Judaism the base of the three desert religions was simply utterly reconstructed Babylonian and other cultures beliefs and stories etc, used as a tool by the priestly cast to influence and form a new nation (which would of course support them), and that Genesis was simply concocted to put the Hebrews in the top driving seat over everyone else, I looked back at what had been originally believed and IMHO it was far better than the betterment of just one little lot. Christianity tried to put right a lot of things that obviously were 'biased' to say the least, but now Islam has spawned an ever more controlling religion.

However if you have religions that teach separatism and disdain for others then you miss out on the rest of the world which jogs along quite merrily in its own ways. Belief comes down to a personal choice between freedom or control for me.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   

edit on 8-5-2016 by breakingbs because: actually, doesn't matter..

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   
op ...
expand a little, then I will share something with you ... if it matters
arc

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   

That's it, but you make your own mind up. Although not Catholic I was party educated through that filter. However as religion had always interested me I decided to research as much as I could and also because one's belief system governs ones life and I think not to research what you have been told is opting out through blind acceptance and we wen't given the brains we have for intellectual blindness IMHO.

Once i found out that Judaism the base of the three desert religions was simply utterly reconstructed Babylonian and other cultures beliefs and stories etc, used as a tool by the priestly cast to influence and form a new nation (which would of course support them), and that Genesis was simply concocted to put the Hebrews in the top driving seat over everyone else, I looked back at what had been originally believed and IMHO it was far better than the betterment of just one little lot. Christianity tried to put right a lot of things that obviously were 'biased' to say the least, but now Islam has spawned an ever more controlling religion.

However if you have religions that teach separatism and disdain for others then you miss out on the rest of the world which jogs along quite merrily in its own ways. Belief comes down to a personal choice between freedom or control for me.
if i took what you meant wrong then thats my bad. my beliefs differ from there and yeah i dont feel i should have to justify myself to you or anyone else

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ClownFish

Sorry and a double sorry for woodwardjnr whom I am very sad about because I always looked for the lovely little blue owl's responses.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   

I agree no justification is needed on personal belief, it is what it is something fundamental to our characters.
Hope I explained myself better.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

Thank you for your explanation. Does everything have to be malevolent that's reincarnated because that's a very damning idea and literally a door shutting on the belief in reincarnation.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

sorry i misunderstood i might have took what you said the wrong way

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   

there are other words for evil than my name.........

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Sometimes one person can put one other in the position of not knowing what is meant, by being vague, and if they are particularly defensive, will then claim that they don't need beliefs justified to others. An act or a thing that they do could mean anything to the person, I already know what "things" mean "in the world" and what I believe about them especially things regarding the subject of death. But then, if not for conversation, why would someone ask what I thought about said vague thing? Some people wanting to do something "extreme and bloody" they invented in a basement?? Ok and I'm not even sure I was asking. All I need to know to understand "things" is already all over the news.
edit on 8-5-2016 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Does everything have to be malevolent that's reincarnated because that's a very damning idea and literally a door shutting on the belief in reincarnation.

It gets worse.

Look at life here on this Prison Planet / Matrix environment as a wising up zone.

If a spirit holds a grudge, wants revenge, spites other people then they have failed to learn the ultimate test and that is to forgive every single person and entity that has caused them harm.

A spirit, after the host body dies, will move onto better dimensions / worlds / frequencies if they hold no hate in their soul.

And yes, this does mean forgiving all fallen angels and daemons as well because at the end of the day, all of those negative entities have all had their part to play in the evolution of mankind.

People need to ask themselves, do they forgive the elite for making them poor. If they do, then do they forgive the devil for making the elite cause great suffering and slavery ?

If they make it this far, do they accept Gods Grand plan who caused the devil to start the mess in the first place ?

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to: malevolent

I am going to call truce and then I've g2g. I really don't know (or care) how much specifically you know, and I'm mildly sorry I guess if I might have come across as a jerk to some ppl, but I'm definitely not sorry for nor interested in, really whatever your behaviours might be offsite nor do i have time to parse through every vague set of motivations, there's too much stuff on the net to bother and at this point I have to just take off. So, good? Ok see you around the net if I get to it, sheesh-dang...

edit on 8-5-2016 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Life is eternal. It cannot die.

Soul is what God made in eternity, which is in Eternity and will never be in Time.
It doesnt hear songs of death, death IS alien to the Soul.

Creations of God are the same as God, eternaly free and loving, Creating like their father did.

Time is made for a mind, which misscreated.
Misscreation is a belief, that what God makes, can die.
It is aswell a belief, that what God made perfect, can be turned into its opposite.

If you knew God, you would know that this is impossibile. Nobody could ever convince you that death exists.

Bodies arent made from the eternal, and surely at the times end, the need for the bodies will be over.
But Bodies are only a Form, and life is Content.
And Content doesnt change, just because a sick mind thinks it can change it.

You who is in time, hear not the Song of Death, but Thank God for that what he is, and you will have eternal Life.
This is the simple message, which even the bible praises, if you choose to listen to it.

ofcourse you can choose to listen to the devil and death, but what you choose to listen to you will get.

devil doesnt exists,but God is Truth, so choose to listen to the Right one. May the Truth set you free.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Do you "go back" to a dream you had three years ago and tell yourself in the dream that it's only a dream and soon you will wake up?

Now you know why people who die don't spend a lot of time (outside of Ghostbusters TV shows anyway) "coming back" to tell the living anything about "death."

The butterfly has nothing to teach the caterpillar.

Me? I read the Egyptian Book of the Dead when I was 13. I needed that understanding because I buried my sister, after an 8 month battle against Leukemia.

What did I find out? Well, lots of interesting cultures, including the Tibetans, and the Buddhists, view knowledge about the dying process as a technology, and -- like any other technology -- it can be manipulated to provide us humans a mechanical advantage.

Now, I am not Egyptian, or Tibetan, or even a Buddhist, so their technology is not (necessarily) applicable to me. So I sat down and created my own "Southern Californian Book of the Dead."

If I have learned anything over the past 30 years, it is this: I can't control anyone else's fear of death, or their conception of what it is (or isn't, for that matter). It would be easier to direct the movements of the stars, or of my ex-wife.

What others believe about life and death is none of my business, and from the perspective of the Butterfly, -- none of my concern.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Death is the ultimate communism, everyone dies, everyone is equal under death, everyone is silenced, no classes.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

very nice thoughts.

But mind you, I am spiritual to the core and what happens after death has a lot to do about how you lived in my opinion.
What will be our mind at the final minute?
what will be the thoughts running through our head?
what will we desire the most at the last moments?

All this and probably also few other things play a role in our rebirth.
Next cycle.

In buddhism and some other eastern school of thought, they teach to think of death as much and as deeply as we can everyday,
to prevent laziness and bad behaviour.
to learn and grasp at the same time the transient real nature of our and others lives, thoughts, desires etc...therefore we stop useless clinging, which only brings suffering sooner than later in their philosophy.

They say, if we have death in mind all the time, than we will start to act more true to our heart and a lot less time will be spent wasted.

But for that to truly work we need first to learn and understand a thing or two about what else they teach, so we don't fall into depression with such thinking, that is the opposite of what their end goal is.

Real eternal happiness or liberation from samsaric cycle of rebirth for all beings.
and that "death" is "liberation" - bit this is not meant as physical death but it is more of a metaphor.
a taste of nonduality - their core teaching!

i can't say i disagree after learning and practicing their methods,
but I was not initiated into buddhism, but let's just say i am an honest fan
edit on 1462786189529May295293116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   
onequestion:

Death is the ultimate teacher by which we all learn.

I'm not sure how you arrive at this conclusion? Death teaches nothing. Death is not the completion of life, it is its ending, and bars any further life experience. Death is not something we go through and come out at some other end to look back on. It negates all correspondence with any further experience, and I say this because, no one has truly fully died and come back to inform us.

Yes, there are many who claim certain experiences that validate for them personally and privately some form of conscious continuation after death, and in which case, if true, places death not as an experience like life, but just another experience in life. Yet, as there is no possible means to validate the claims made, and no one can take anecdote and hearsay as fact, little can be said in agreement apart from the utterances of subjective opinions.

Death is nothing more than a brief process of in the shutting down of the biological processes of the human body. If some aspect of us survives that process then death is irrelevant to that surviving aspect which doesn't experience death, only a release from the physical body. There is of course, a realisation that consciousness continues, but death doesn't teach us that, only the actual process of consciously continuing brings us into that awareness of doing so.

It may seem somewhat bleak, but to consider death as some form of existential upgrade when there is nothing to support such thinking, shows a mind quite incapable of encompassing life itself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join