It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bombshell: Trump & Clinton in statistical tie in new Georgia poll

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Since I've come down with the flu and canceled my plans for tonight, I'd figured this would make for some good discussion.

A new poll released today has Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump in a statistical tie in Georgia.

Trump - 42.3%

Clinton - 41.4%

Link

While I think that whoever runs as a Republican will win Georgia in November it definitely shows how fractured the G.O.P is at this moment. And it makes you wonder if Trump's performance in the Republican primary is nothing but fluff? As we all know a General Election is vastly diffrent from a primary.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

While I think that whoever runs as a Republican will win Georgia in November it definitely shows how fractured the G.O.P is at this moment. And it makes you wonder if Trump's performance in the Republican primary is nothing but fluff? As we all know a General Election is vastly diffrent from a primary.
I think the "flu" is talking here. Where do get off sayin the G.O.P is "fractured" from this?
Are you a panderer or what? Get some flu medication already.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Naturallywired
Look at their threads. All Dem/anti Trump.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
According to your poll, Trump is beating Crooked Hillary.

Take care of yourself...and feel better.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
or ... we could talk about the topic of thread and not Muse ...

Trump and Clinton are basically tied in GEORGIA in a poll out today ... discuss.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
According to your poll, Trump is beating Crooked Hillary.

Take care of yourself...and feel better.

Beating?

The difference is less than 1%.

In GEORGIA, a State so red that Texas thinks we're just a little too extreme ...

C'mon.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Naturallywired

I think the "flu" is talking here. Where do get off sayin the G.O.P is "fractured" from this?
Are you a panderer or what? Get some flu medication already.

How am I pandering?

The GOP is indeed fractured when Hillary Clinton is in a statistical tie with the Republican nominee in GEORGIA.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
not good for drumpf, he should be winning by 20

About 14 percent of GOP voters say that they are undecided, while just 8.7 percent of Democrats say the same. Republican candidates have won the state the past five presidential elections.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
This was probably a poll taken in Atlanta. Rest assured Georgia will be voting Trump.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Is there a forecast on Georgia - Bernie vs Hillary?
Because Bernie just took most Washington Delegates.

He keeps doing that...

edit on 7-5-2016 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I have to ask... are people voting for Clinton just to spite Trump, or do they really believe she is fit to be president?

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

I would bet the people who are voting for her do feel she is fit and are wondering the same thing about Trump.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Here is what I found on RosettaStone poll.

landmarkcommunications.net...

It says they surveyed 500 people.

211 people for Trump

207 for Clinton

78 undecided

It is hard to judge when less than 10 people can completely change the results.
edit on 8-5-2016 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Most likely. But all this # going on with the FBI, email sandals, complete failure on Benghazi and allowing the rise of ISIS... I couldn't vote for that person no matter who they were.

Trump has his negatives, don't get me wrong... but it feels like Clinton supporters are just choosing to ignore everything.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Trump has the same problem in Arizona and Utah. The only poll in Texas between Trump and Clinton only had Trump at +2 and Clinton at +2 in Utah. If the GOP and Trump do not get it together Trump is going to have put resources into winning states that should be give me's. That mean less to put into the battle ground states where he is also behind already. With Clinton's solid blue base all she needs is single big battle ground state. She leads in everyone except Indiana. And in Pen she leads by double digits. Just by holding ground Clinton walks away with a win.

With Trump weak in what should be solid Red States Clinton can put more into holding all the battle ground states and try to grab a couple red states. This is why the GOP has resisted Trump. With the GOP he loses badly, without the GOP he loses at an epic level. If half the GOP sits at home as they say they will, the map is going be very very blue.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

More than any other factor, polling shows the vast
majority of Clinton supporters are casting their vote
for her not because they agree with her, or like her
...but to stop Trump.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
I have to ask... are people voting for Clinton just to spite Trump, or do they really believe she is fit to be president?

Most polling shows people are voting against Trump or Clinton and not so much for the candidates. Clinton is lucky that she got one of the two candidates that was more disliked than she is, Trump and Cruz.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

I take my vote in the general pretty seriously since I live in a competitive district in Ohio. I'm one of those people candidates will spend $100+ on per person to get a vote because I'm a swing voter, in a swing state, in a swing district. This election started where I had several people I would be happy to vote for. Instead it's shrunk down to two I don't really want to vote for, and it will easily be a lesser of two evils situation.

I really want to like Trump, but every time I come around on him he says or does something stupid that makes me requestion him all over again. At some point I'm just going to have to ignore him. Hillary on the other hand I don't really like (I'm sick of center/right candidates) but she's handled a lot of criticism well for 16 years now without a problem, and I have yet to really see an example of why she's incompetent, though to be fair I haven't seen an example of why she's competent either.

Right now I would vote Hillary because unlike Trump, there's not a reason to not vote for her.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
not good for drumpf, he should be winning by 20.

Donald would prefer to be called Trump. Who are you to deny what a person wants to be associated by? Should all transgender people be called by their birth name, or the name they want to be associated with?

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: rollanotherone

These two situations are not even tangentially analogous. A transgender person's entire self-image and interpersonal image is based within them taking a new name that isn't their birth name. Donald Trump, on the other hand, is someone who has spent his entire life using his conveniently dictionary-friendly birth name as a tool in his arsenal of tricks to convince unsuspecting people to give him their money for things that are not worth what he asks, since it's a word that automatically associates with success, victory and having the upper hand. Calling him Drumpf is utterly unlike calling a transgender person by their birth name, and more akin to riffing on a con artist's name in order to give the lie to the shallowness of the false front they're using to win over their marks.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join