It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The flaws of capitalism and currency-based societies.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Every system, organization , "ism" grows. Size is also a measuring system....quantity. Not all growth is measured by "credit" as you myopically assert. Of course capitalism evolved/grew into it's current state. As has everything else.

The point isn't whether or not they grow. It's whether or not they require growth. Growth is a requirement for capitalism because profits and returns on investment are not only the measure or growth they are reinvested in the same system.

Capitalism is measured in terms of credit, not the number of commodities produced or services rendered. That's why you have economic data and annual reports from businesses that refer to credit and not anything else as a measure.

If you need articulate examples, then I'm wasting my time with you.

Go ahead, given me examples of financial statements where profits and losses are measured in terms of commodities.

"Capitalism does not involve equitable exchange. That's why there's a profit involved." Really? Do I but an item that I do not desire...or at least consider that I 'profit' from. Be it an indulgence or a perceived enhancement? That I do not "profit" from.

Capitalism involves profit:

en.wikipedia.org...

Both sides often can and do "profit" from a product or service exchange. You use misuse of that Capitalism as blanket statement across all forms of capitalism and is, therefore, disingenuous.

From the link above:

Capitalism is an economic system based on private ownership of the means of production and their operation for profit.[1][2][3] Characteristics central to capitalism include private property, capital accumulation, wage labor, voluntary exchange, a price system, and competitive markets.[4][5] In a capitalist market economy, decision-making and investment is determined by the owners of the factors of production in financial and capital markets, and prices and the distribution of goods are mainly determined by competition in the market.[6][7]

Profit doesn't automatically require expansion. Increased profit may well, but not profit, itself.

Profit is reinvested in a business either directly or through financial institutions. The return on investment requires expansion.

You lack overview. You offer no alternative, no improvements and ignore the very workability that is all around you to see.

It's the other way round: you lack "overview." In fact, it appears you know nothing about this topic.

And your second point makes no sense whatsoever. It is as if you are arguing that because I offer no "alternative" to problems in capitalism then those problems don't exist.

Flawed? Yes. Abused? yes. Requires repair? Definitely!

Since the system is "flawed" and "abused" and "requires repair," then you are not countering any of my arguments.

And what "repair" did you have in mind?

I'm fairly sure this post is completely wasted on you. We shall have to agree to disagree. Have a continued 'nice' day.

Your post is "completely wasted on" me because it contains multiple errors, as I have demonstrated above.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join