It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What? Something positive? No way.....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
This thread reminds me of an experience I had.

I was visiting a good friend and we had been a sharing in a deeply philosophical conversation.I had to leave, and left with my children, still distracted by what we had been talking about.

Going down the street outside his place, my children told me they were hungry. As we walked up, there was an apple tree alongside the road.

My children asked me to get them some apples for them to eat.

I looked at the tree, and thought that the apples closer to the top would be more tasty. The low hanging ones were just out of my reach, so I started looking for a branch or something to help reach the apples further up.

A stranger was watching, and he told me to use a scrap piece of steel (aluminum?) that was laying in the back of a trailer alongside the fence that ran along the road.(Someone had scrapped a sliding door from the looks of it.)

I thanked him, and used the piece of steel to knock down some of the apples that were higher up and closer to the sunshine.Happily my children indulged in the apples I had knocked down.

Before leaving in his car, the kind gentleman watching us and asked me why I didn't just jump and reach up for the apples closer to the ground.

"The apples closer to the top taste better."I replied.
"How do you know?"He asked

I told him I didn't.I grabbed an apple that was just out of my reach, and tried it.

It tasted good.

A little later on, walking back home I was startled to realize how the event clarified the discussion that was distracting me leading up to this story I just recounted.

Little things like this happen all the time, events that serve as positive reinforcement for my spiritual explorations.Practicing paying attention, and being in the moment enough to recognize them can be a challenge worth looking forward to....................

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

Wow, that was a wonderfully simple, yet powerful story. Thank you so much for sharing....I had thought this thread was a goner, and hear you are to make my day!

new topics

<< 1   >>

join