It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative leaders launch effort to find alternative to Trump

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

A major group of conservatives that opposed Donald Trump for months is now promising to find an alternative candidate -- but is not vowing to support a third-party candidacy.

Saying this is not just a fight for the "heart and soul of the Republican Party" but a battle for the future of the country, the group known as Conservatives Against Trump issued a statement Saturday saying: "This week, Conservatives Against Trump launched a formal effort to identify an acceptable alternative candidate to run for president against Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton."

This is how easily Trump can be defeated. I'm leaning anti-Trump myself after his debt proposal.

As it turns out, there is only one scenario in which the United States will surely experience a cataclysmic economic disaster of biblical proportions. That meltdown is inescapable if Donald J. Trump becomes the 45th President of the United States.
President Trump Promises Debt, Default And Depression

Experts see it as a reckless idea that would send interest rates soaring, derail economic growth and undermine confidence in the world’s most trusted financial asset.
Here’s What Would Likely Happen as a Result of Trump’s Proposal for U.S. National Debt

While renegotiating debt is a not uncommon practice in the business world, it would be devastating for the U.S. government to even consider such a move, financial experts have said. If creditors no longer believe the U.S. could be trusted to pay back its debt in full, it would send the currently low interest rates on U.S. debt soaring and could threaten to shake up the global economy.
Trump's Nutso Idea On U.S. Debt Walked Back By His Finance Chair

Do you see the words being used to describe Trump's plan above?

"cataclysmic economic disaster of biblical proportions"

"meltdown is inescapable"

"reckless idea that would send interest rates soaring"

"derail economic growth"

"undermine confidence in the world’s most trusted financial asset"

"devastating for the U.S. government"

"it would send the currently low interest rates on U.S. debt soaring"

"[it] could threaten to shake up the global economy"

And...the peanut gallery of Trump supporters cheer that on?

Trump went too far this time. Even talking like that as president could have severe repercussions. I can see why the establishment (from both parties) would pick Clinton over Trump.
edit on 7-5-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion
Unless he was just spouting garbage he would never do, in an attempt to win the republican nomination..

I think those preaching doom should reevaluate the situation AFTER he makes the hardest left, swing to the middle in American history.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

This is stupid. The economic collapse of this country is already unavoidable. Why? Because nothing changed since the last time.

These fools had an alternative to Trump. It was called doing their effing jobs. They didn't, now they want to delay or derail any type of consequence for their inaction.

We need a collapse. Yes it will be bad, but just think, if it had been allowed to happen initially, the responsible parties having been plowed under like the compost they are, we would be nearly a decade into a real recovery and not some stagnat economic limbo like the present.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
the reason trump gained followers were his views on minorities.
a simple look around threads here shows his supporters defending his soundbites and claiming foul play by some liberal media.
now he is the only runner for the gop, his other policies come under the spotlight.
don't expect much interjection from his fans though, they did not encompass trump for his business acumen, the guy declared bankrupt how many times?

you reap what you sow.....

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: BobaganooshThanks for the sane post. I agree we need to elect Donald to bankrupt America.

When you have this kind of merchandise in America from China I would say we have a problem.

edit on 7-5-2016 by Naturallywired because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I don't think they have to worry. The campaign has taken a real toll on Donald; he looks very tired and not well with a long 8 months to go.
imo he has peaked to early and now will struggle to stay in the race. If he makes it to the convention, I'll be surprised.

His replacement has already been chosen....

3 guesses...
edit on 7-5-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
Unless he was just spouting garbage he would never do, in an attempt to win the republican nomination..

I think those preaching doom should reevaluate the situation AFTER he makes the hardest left, swing to the middle in American history.

He can not go left until he has secured the right. The left despises him anyway so it would not do him any good. He must secure the right and the traditional red states if he does not, he will have to take every battle ground states and some of the solid blue states and that is not happening. To even be in this race Trump needs to secure the Red States like Arizona, Georgia and Utah where he is weak and then target all the battle ground states where Clinton's lead is not big. Trump can not be at war with GOP and DNC or he will take a beating unlike any other Republican in history.

As for the OP who knows if Trump is just talking. All his trade talk will just lead to trade wars that will wreck the US economy in ways that would make 2009 look like good times. I do not think he is that stupid. He just caters to a group of people who are closes about how the world works.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

He can not go left until he has secured the right. The left despises him anyway so it would not do him any good. He must secure the right and the traditional red states if he does not, he will have to take every battle ground states and some of the solid blue states and that is not happening. To even be in this race Trump needs to secure the Red States like Arizona, Georgia and Utah where he is weak and then target all the battle ground states where Clinton's lead is not big. Trump can not be at war with GOP and DNC or he will take a beating unlike any other Republican in history.

As for the OP who knows if Trump is just talking. All his trade talk will just lead to trade wars that will wreck the US economy in ways that would make 2009 look like good times. I do not think he is that stupid. He just caters to a group of people who are closes about how the world works.

Just for context, I'm pretty liberal..

I think you are underestimating how unpopular Hillary is. Literally NOONE IS EXCITED about Hillary, no one.

No one wants Hillary, it is just her turn and hypothetically she is electable. All the passionate dems were Bernies.when was the last time you saw a pro Hillary Facebook post or ATS forum?? I don't think I have...

Plus Hillary is the definition of establishment. No, the dems didn't have the knock down drag out the GOP did, but no one likes the establishment on either side...

I think independents and the left will forgive Donald as long as he sufficiently embarrasses the hard core conservatives, by admitting he played them.

At that point it's way closer to "could a Ron Paul beat Hillary nationally?" Rather than could the present trump.

I think Trump goes hard core left on everything except the wall, but I also think he backs amnesty, min wage and single payer to get his wall.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

edit on 0720160520161 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

This is what they all claimed would happen if we didn't bail out the bankers, and GM, and.....

And you still believe them?

HAHA what a joke

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Guess whaaat? The alternative to Trump is Hilary. You'd almost think they planned it that way.

naah, couldn't be…

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

The system will fail sooner or later. You can you plug a volcano for so long before it finally erupts.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Trumps a billionaire, what can possibly go wrong.

im with the billionaire.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
These financial cronies are in full panic mode because Trump has said that as a part of his plan to reduce fraud and waste, the Federal Reserve and other financial entities will, for the first time in history, be put under a full audit.

Can you even imagine the ramifications of this? What do you think they will find when sifting through 100+ years of financials for the most corrupt banking institution in American history? Heads are going to roll.

As for his other proposals, a lot of common sense economists out there know that the only way to turn things around before it becomes too late, is take drastic steps similar to previous presidents like Roosevelt.

Forbes: Donald Trump's Glorious Threat To Default On The National Debt Is Just Conventional Wisdom

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
actually, a full audit of the Fed would be pretty nice. Maybe he'll find the gold from Fort Knox as well. a reply to: Konduit

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Of course. To Hell with what people have voted for.

Let's find absolutely anyone else.

Preferably someone who poses zero threat to the establishment.

This should be illegal to the tune of treason.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

The Federal Reserve is the greatest con game ever foisted upon the American people not Donald Trump.
A private ran organization printing money out of fresh air and then putting false debt upon the American people just for printing it is what has made Americans debt slaves and screwed the American dream.
In this point in time it will take a very different strategy to throw off the shackles of banker slave barons that cause wars in Sovereign countries to establish a central bank under their control to steal the resources when the debts cannot be repaid.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

I would star your post a thousand fold if possible. It's kind of sad seeing so many awaken from a fairy tale.

When 2008 happened, everybody knew we were being screwed royally. We knew kicking the can down the road was a really stupid idea and we would end up even more screwed. Now we are nearly to that moment in time and everybody seems to be suffering from self inflicted amnesia.

People are blaming Trump and the dude isn't even president.

Point is, I hope for somebody with the balls to see us through the inevitable. I honestly don't see anybody coming close to him in that regard.

Time to pay the piper. Nothing will stop it.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Is it really surprising that cheerleaders of a system that has been designed and run to steal money from working people and shovel it into the pockets of the few creditors in the world would be all out to rubbish ANY plan that called for less interest for creditors 'a disaster'?

These financial 'experts' will predict a doomsday scenario to frighten people into playing by their rules. Suckers will stay frightened and continue to hand over their cash.

There is very little difference between those that peddle financial doomsday scenarios and those that peddle Nibiru fantasies. Both are designed to sell you a big lie in order to make money.
edit on 8/5/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Should read:
Conservative leaders launch effort to get their heads out of their rears.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join